My thoughts on this year's LA Convention...

1) I found it a little weird that Alain Whyte and his band opened for a tribute band (I'm not, by any means, putting SATH down).

2) I was disappointed that Alain didn't pick up the axe and jump in during one of the SATH songs. That would have been sweet.

3) Everyone looked really good. The females really looked fine with the way they were dolled up like old Bettie Page clones...nice!

4) I wish it would have gone longer than midnight. Maybe some mixxes of Smith/Solo work into a DJ set would have kept the dance floor moving.

5) F.U. moshers...what the hell do you need to mosh at Moz songs for? Seriously. You guys are a bunch of morons. I almost went into the mosh pit to "accidently" knock one of you out but I am more mature than that. If I hear one more person say "Ayy, le's mosh fooo" I'm going to have to punch them in the throat.

6) What the hell was up with the bars? One drink per person? $6 for a freakin Newcastle that barely filled my small, plastic cup!!! Next time I'll be downing Jager-bombs in th eparking lot before going in. What a freaking rip-off.

7) Tom is a good Moz impressionist, but Mark is a f'cking dead ringer for The Man. I remember the first time I saw him (believe it or not, I was drunk) I nearly crapped my pants. I thought it was Moz ordering a Newcastle right next to me. Dude, that dude can get ANY chick he wants (at least at those conventions).

8) Since the convention was over so early, we decided to go to another club. All I can say is that Club London SUCKS big huevos rancheros!!!!

9) Almost forgot...no gum allowed?!?!? WTF? The dude in front of me in line was asked to empty his pockets of gum. Jeez' Loiuse.

10) SATH...they were outstanding! Jose really let it rip this time. And the guitarist, the guy with the Dodgers jersey, rocked my socks. That dude jams on the axe. And for the drummer, I have always respected that dude. If Moz ever needed a new drummer, he wouldn't have to look too far.

11) Red Lightning...I really dig their music. Alain's voice was crisp and sharp and sounded extremely well. He was in high spirits going as far as saying, "You guys really f.cking rock (paraphrased)." I forgot to pick up his CD on the way out. But then again I almost forgot my friends on the way out too.

12) Well, that's my take on this year's convention. I give it an overall 8/10. If anyone agrees, or disagrees, please reply to my thread.

:cool:

No one's replied to this? I thought someone had. Either way, I'd like to have some more info, if anyone can be arsed. :p

Back
Top Bottom