• no

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • about the same

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robby's life sucks so much that his "my sucky life" thread was immediately highjacked by the usual suspects who just wanna argue with Kewpie.

Dude, that sucks. :thumb:

Don't off yourself, though. Join Americorps.

Robby's life sucks so much that his "my sucky life" thread was immediately highjacked by the usual suspects who just wanna argue with Kewpie.

Dude, that sucks. :thumb:

Don't off yourself, though. Join Americorps.

I know dude :eek: here I am thinking how cool it is that my new thread made it to 2 pages already :thumb:
but its mostly other hijackers :cool::p
as for Americorps, I think I am too old and in too much student loan debt for them to help me :straightface:
but I'll check it out, since I don't really know :o

ps: the new sucky thing for today is the poem I just wrote

surprise, surprise, this morning was a disaster :straightface: I let my mother drive me to the library instead of just riding my bike there sooner :mad:
so I when I got there(which was still 15 minutes early)
there were already a bunch of people lining up in the cold, so I lined up too
they were giving interview times to the first 30 people, I was number 31 :tears:
and there were another 20 people behind me by the time I got up there :eek:
still I filled out the form and maybe they will email me :rolleyes:

ps:trying to look on the bright side of this, the fact is, its possible that if I had gotten interviewed today that it would have been an even bigger disaster :crazy:
how? well, after waiting over half an hour in the cold, my formerly "good ear", my right ear, was not really hearing anything :(
I have noticed that ever since working in the karaoke bar, my hearing is not what is use to be and the cold only makes it worse :squiffy:

surprise, surprise, this morning was a disaster :straightface: I let my mother drive me to the library instead of just riding my bike there sooner :mad:
so I when I got there(which was still 15 minutes early)
there were already a bunch of people lining up in the cold, so I lined up too
they were giving interview times to the first 30 people, I was number 31 :tears:
and there were another 20 people behind me by the time I got up there :eek:
still I filled out the form and maybe they will email me :rolleyes:

ps:trying to look on the bright side of this, the fact is, its possible that if I had gotten interviewed today that it would have been an even bigger disaster :crazy:
how? well, after waiting over half an hour in the cold, my formerly "good ear", my right ear, was not really hearing anything :(
I have noticed that ever since working in the karaoke bar, my hearing is not what is use to be and the cold only makes it worse :squiffy:

Call them! Call them and say you're interested in the job and explain that you got late for the interview. Talk them into giving you an interview.

Call them! Call them and say you're interested in the job and explain that you got late for the interview. Talk them into giving you an interview.

thanks, but there is no "calling them" in this case, I must wait for them to call me now, but I am the first they would call if none of the first 30 pan out for all 5 positions :cool:
believe me, if it was a simple matter of just being more aggressive, I would have had it, next time I must simply blow my mother off and walk, run, bike, bus or whatever to wherever it is I must go :guitar:
I really prefer it that way and cannot afford to care whether it insults her or not :o
especially since the whole point is for me to save up, whilst staying with her, so I can get back out on my own as quickly as possible :thumb:

?? you can add tags to threads???:squiffy:

Anyway, back to Robby....
The glories of living at home with mum...
1./ more money to spend on the finer things in life:guitar:
2./ (don't want to draw gendered stereotypes, but i will) housework done and dusted cause your 'dirt tolerance' is higher than her 'dirt tolerance':blushing:
3./ (ditto) mum trying to fatten you up with fine food?:thumb:
4./ the adrenalin rush of nearly 'getting caught with a partner':p

And then there's the 'no job'..... hurrah, bravo, yay!!! No 6:30 rise for work, no long day's hard slog, no answering to some dictatorial git!!

No licence..... bleedin hell, you're almost an environmentalist.... chicks dig that you 'prefer' to cycle, you'll be getting uber fit and burning off those calories your mum's probably feeding you.... you should go vegan too and the ladies will be all over you Robby!

Your life sounds joyous to me, why put a '10 month' limit on it, i'd happily live as you for an eternity!!:)

oooh, but i will be voting that i've got a less sucky life than you Robby, because i've got 2 beautiful cats to share my life with (and Mr Nightie of course)!
It's good to think positively!;) I vote that you rephrase your poll to reflect how cool your life is right now and how things are getting better all the time!!!!:thumb:

Stay cool, I love your updates Robby!

?? you can add tags to threads???
yes, but I have not added any, I wonder who has?
Anyway, back to Robby....
The glories of living at home with mum...
1./ more money to spend on the finer things in life:guitar:
2./ (don't want to draw gendered stereotypes, but i will) housework done and dusted cause your 'dirt tolerance' is higher than her 'dirt tolerance':blushing:
3./ (ditto) mum trying to fatten you up with fine food?:thumb:
4./ the adrenalin rush of nearly 'getting caught with a partner':p

And then there's the 'no job'..... hurrah, bravo, yay!!! No 6:30 rise for work, no long day's hard slog, no answering to some dictatorial git!!

No licence..... bleedin hell, you're almost an environmentalist.... chicks dig that you 'prefer' to cycle, you'll be getting uber fit and burning off those calories your mum's probably feeding you.... you should go vegan too and the ladies will be all over you Robby!

Your life sounds joyous to me, why put a '10 month' limit on it, i'd happily live as you for an eternity!!:)

oooh, but i will be voting that i've got a less sucky life than you Robby, because i've got 2 beautiful cats to share my life with (and Mr Nightie of course)!
It's good to think positively!;) I vote that you rephrase your poll to reflect how cool your life is right now and how things are getting better all the time!!!!:thumb:

Stay cool, I love your updates Robby!
as for your other fine points
umm, I ran out of money of my own last week :eek:
as for the housework, I help mom with it, which is one of the few things she likes
see, we also live with my brother and his wife & I am much more handy around the house than she is, frankly, she is lazy
and I think mom is getting sick of it already after just 3 months
we'll see what happens come the spring, I forsee future disaster the longer I must be here
Point 3, getting fat, I began making an effort to stop that, I have a food journal now and weigh myself every Monday morning, this week is the first week I did not gain weight
Point 4, no partners for me for a long time I expect, thanks for reminding me
Point 5?, my mom wakes me up with FOX NEWS at 8 am everyday, so thats still pretty bad
Point 6, biking in the cold is not fun, I've found
Point 7, the 10 or 11 month limit is just that, well, I doubt I can take a year of this, everyday, I hate life a little more every new day and just want it to end, but I will give til next October
Point 8, good for you and the cats, I miss the family dog, they had to give him away while I lived in San Francisco
Point 9, I know things could be worse, but this is as bad as it has ever been while I am sober, usually being sober is enough to improve things for me, this time has not been so, sorry
Point 10, I was gonna put smilies in this all over, but it would not let me, oh well

Last edited:
so yeah, tomorrow is looking like its really gonna suck, possibly the worst birthday, of mine, ever :eek:
details to follow on Saturday :cool: must dash now, my time is almost out :(

So could you say :

"Moderator X is a Xucking Xock Xucker - in my opinion"

and get away with it (presuming you replace the X with letters that would render the above sentence offensive.)?

Because I have developed A LOT of those opinions over the past decade here.

Oh, yeah, Robbie, your life sucks worse than mine. Sorry, dude.

Re: tag abuse

So could you say :

"Moderator X is a Xucking Xock Xucker - in my opinion"

and get away with it (presuming you replace the X with letters that would render the above sentence offensive.)?

Because I have developed A LOT of those opinions over the past decade here.

I suggest you to read this thread

You find ansewer of your question in page 5.

Tags
gives hug trubzsux
Back
Top Bottom