My speech for Rant of the Year

Puddle

Banned
And so here we are. Someone thought it would be a good idea to have these polls, these popularity contests, these horrid attempts at doing something different on Morrissey-solo (or as some call it, morrissey-solow...I'm not here to name names). Yes, another attempt at entertainment on Morrissey-solow (i mean it in a nice way).

But yet, we've seen it before have we not? We've seen the same thing over and over again, and it really takes away from the authenticity of the post, the aura of the internet (was there ever any?), the spark of a unique thought (was there ever any?).

You see my friends. I am here to get those who haven't done so, to vote for me in the Rant of the Year Poll. Because, I was once sane, I was once witty, ... i once for sure had unique things to say; but where others have come and gone, I have stayed, even though in the end, I have died on these boards a long time ago (so goes the general feeling in my heart, as i wander these boards these days, hard to find things 'worth' saying that hasn't been said before by me or others). others come and go because they can not go on anymore, but i stay because i am true to the spirit of the ranter. I don't come just to make a splash and flee--that would be a troll. But still there is something empty on these boards and on every board you've visited much to often. And the goal should be no more.

NO MORE rants about Bush, because it's been overdone. No more discussions about vegetarianism, because if you haven't been involved in one up to now in your life, then where have you been? No more talk about Morrissey's sexuality, because we did it already, and there never was a need to in the first place. This list could go on and on. The question is, Is there anything left to say?

Yes!! We must still try, but we must do it right!! I still try my friends, even though i walk with self-inflicted dagger in my heart. Where others have started threads for the sake at an attempt at saying something different, I start them for the sake of my own need to say something 'true-to-me', while being 'true'-to-you. For the chance to reach out. Not to instigate!! Not to sensationalize!! Not to rehash the same old, same old because you are bored and live an empty life with a slim world view.

BUT NO!!! IT'S BACK!!

No!! You've been there, you've seen it. You walk down a different street and yet you feel you've been there before. A street is a street after all. You see my friends, such is the conflicted life of a true ranter. Can you say the same about Theo? can you say the same about joroberts? Though joroberts is a worthy opponent, she is much too determined to post for the sake to stir. She is much too troll-like. Don't get me wrong. Rants may stir. Oh the best ones will. But the motive behind a rant...oh that's where you spot the true ranters from the fakers, the ranters from the posers! the intentions of a rant is pure and simple, it's an expression for the sake of an idea, not a conflict. A post may word for word be identical, but one may be posted by a ranter, another by a poser. You must understand the difference. The form may be identical, but the contents in one's heart...oh the most 'pure' and 'true' contents of one's heart. That's the difference my friends. Whether you strive to be a ranter, or something just as noble, herein lies the true test--the contents of one's heart. Form and content must walk side by side. One's mug must represent the heart.

You may ask, "what are you talking about Puddle, none of this makes sense. You think we may be so easily fooled by gibberish?" That may be so, that may be so. But is it really gibberish? Not to mention you must understand, it's hard to make sense with a self-inflicted dagger in your heart. It's hard to make sense when post-modernity has beaten down your once authentic and sensible life!! You see my friends, in the rant world and on these real streets, I am the martyr. But I'm not asking for your hand, but for your vote.

Is a post a post ...after all? NO!! A post is not just a post!! A post deserves more. If you are going to attempt in sharing an idea, then do it right!! And that's where a rant may come in. You see folks...friends... I am not here to sensationalize or to provoke or to start something for the sake of starting something. I say the things that need to be said, when they need to be said!! I say them with conviction, and nothing less. Because after all, in this modern world, there's no room for error in others' perception of you and your ideas. There is no room for posers!! Vote Puddle for 'Rant of the Year'.

I realize this may not make sense. And rants sometimes don't.

Last edited:
here, here
8.jpg

i gave the speech of the year and I am still losing by one vote!!! Perhaps it was too late. :o

i gave the speech of the year and I am still losing by one vote!!! Perhaps it was too late. :o

It surely doesn't help a true Ranter (yes, capital R!) to hear the following, but anyway: you deserve to win this. But f***, I already voted for you. Life's just unfair.

Let me reiterate this stroke of genius that you displayed with your rant speech here, Puddle. In providing this fiery harangue, you indeed captured our hearts and minds, and many of us are endeared to you and your rants forever now.

Puddle, please step forward and take a bow for such tremendous effort all the way through this hard fought campaign.

thanks...I truly was the victor. """we""" truly were the victors...the heroes.

I ran a 'successful' campaign, despite others' 'successful' corruption.

I advice anyone with proof of voting fraud to step forward and point fingers.

:cool:

on the sig. - we are counting on it (your mind being changed, that is). you can't quit us.

I won't quit.

so...um, do you want to hook up sometime? I mean, this campaigning really turned me on. You know, is it a crime? I did spend some of my sexual development years with Free Willy Clinton in office. This is what I associate with politics.

I won't quit.

so...um, do you want to hook up sometime? I mean, this campaigning really turned me on. You know, is it a crime? I did spend some of my sexual development years with Free Willy Clinton in office. This is what I associate with politics.
give em hell poodle
uhh, i mean puddle...

I won't quit.

LOL!
but what if i told you i am not the kinky type (but i know that is what you go for)?

sex is sex!
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
u must be jokin
sex has so many levels to it
and with love it is exponetial...

i agree with you robby, but there is still sex for the sake of sex.

But this you surely knew.

Back
Top Bottom