My review of Manchester v Cancer gig, an absolute top notch night!

T

The Goat

WOW!
What a top night it was.... where do I begin? (at the beginning??!!)
Bez opened the show with actually quite a good set of 3 songs, then 808 State and MC Tunes (Pacific State and Only ryhme that bites) got us dancing before Nine Black Alps set the place rocking. Things hotted up when Badly Drawn Boy came on but typical Damon goes and plays a song 'I wrote last week' before doing Silent Sigh and Dissilousion. Then Elbow before Johnny Marr and the Healers stormed the place!
They started with some intro which then turned round and became 'There is a light that never goes out' with Johnny sining. The place went apeshit! Now Ive seen him before and he cant sing - well last night he bloody sang! The place went mad! He then did three Healers songs before being joined on stage by Andy Rourke for 'How soon is now', again the place went bonkers!
Next up was Doves who did 'Pounding' before joined on stage by Damon Gough for a BDB song and then Johnny Marr and Barney from New Order and did Lou Reeds 'Vicious' and R Dean Taylor's 'There's a ghost in my house' with Barney singing.
Then New Order came on and did about 6 Joy Division songs, ending with 'Love will tear us apart' and 'Ceremony'.
Then the finale!
One massive jam with New Order, Doves, BDB, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke, Bez + others and special guest Shaun Ryder for a cracking 10 minute Happy Mondays 'Wrote for Luck'.
Ended about 3 mins to midnight.
f***ing top night, well done Andy Rourke - cant wait for the DVD and for next years gig!
MANCHESTER LA LA LA, MANCHESTER LA LA LA LA

Marr said that Meat Is Murder was the only one he could sing because it's the song he felt...

related too. He must have changed his mind.

Anyway, I dont have any interest in him singing or playing Smiths stuff. It's like if he's covering them.

> but how was cancer?

What a sick thing to say!

This site is populated by, and seems to attract some of the most objectionable individuals

I thought about going, for old times sake. I thought it might remind me a bit of 10th Summer at Gmex. Reading your review, I'm glad I decided against it, but glad that you enjoyed ut. Highlight to me, sound like "There's a Ghost in my House"? I'm off down my local later, I'll put it on the jukebox to make up for it!

> but how was cancer?

very good momus, always trying your best to with the wannabe Morrissey wit...which you fail so miserably at, you silly pretentious sausage you.

I have 2 half decent videos from my phone of Marr introducing rourke, and another of them during how soon is now if anyone wants them?

msn - [email protected]

A pretty perfect description of what I was part of last night.

The emotion in the crowd regarding Johnny Marr and Andy Rouke was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom