My personal favourite performance of a song ever.

Perfection personified.

I've Changed My Plea To Guilty - on J Ross, The last resort 10/12/90.

After many, many searches. I finally found this. Perhaps I was scuppered by my poor memory. I thought it was Jools Holland on piano.

I have this on a VHS tape that has been in storage since not long after I recorded it. I remembered the plaster, which made me think that it was recorded around the time of the Boxers tour but this was wrong, as Boxers was in early '95. Wasn't it? It was the Boxers tour that Moz got plastered (sic) wasn't it?

Kids - Don't do drugs.

Further proof of how much I love this performance, how long it has took me to track down and why it took me so long is printed in The Guardian below. Although my Altzimer's quality memory can't tell you when that was printed either.

I'm really happy to have found this on Youtube today.

Thank you very, very much lilyboobear whoever you are! It was lilyboobear's upload that I discovered. This lead me to djfrankiez's upload where I discovered when it was first broadcast. Thanks to djfrankie's too, as this lead to a google search where I discovered it was not Jool's Holland on piano but the shows band. Does anybody know their names?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUBHq5ErVCg

Actually last year King Leer posted the link of Campfreddie's upload which is better. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal favourite performance that I was lucky enought to go to was the one where all the fans went onto the stage and trashed the stage. I think it was in Texas or something. I can’t remember what year. It was a good night, and also a good lay.

Perfection personified.

I've Changed My Plea To Guilty - on J Ross, The last resort 10/12/90.

After many, many searches. I finally found this. Perhaps I was scuppered by my poor memory. I thought it was Jools Holland on piano.

I have this on a VHS tape that has been in storage since not long after I recorded it. I remembered the plaster, which made me think that it was recorded around the time of the Boxers tour but this was wrong, as Boxers was in early '95. Wasn't it? It was the Boxers tour that Moz got plastered (sic) wasn't it?

Kids - Don't do drugs.

Further proof of how much I love this performance, how long it has took me to track down and why it took me so long is printed in The Guardian below. Although my Altzimer's quality memory can't tell you when that was printed either.

I'm really happy to have found this on Youtube today.

Thank you very, very much lilyboobear whoever you are! It was lilyboobear's upload that I discovered. This lead me to djfrankiez's upload where I discovered when it was first broadcast. Thanks to djfrankie's too, as this lead to a google search where I discovered it was not Jool's Holland on piano but the shows band. Does anybody know their names?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUBHq5ErVCg

It was Steve Nieve on the piano. He used to play with Elvis Costello and teh Attracions in the late 70's.

starless had posted this on the Moz Hair Thread last month ("a gravity defying quiff in action" =o) and I absolutely love it (esp those last few notes *goosebumps*!) I've watched it a bunch of times since star posted it...& yep, just watched it again. What a gorgeous song, sung so beautifully and effortlessly. I agree with your excellent choice, Morrissey the 23rd :)

OMG:eek:I remember that and cannot believe it was 18 years ago!!......i was only 20!! ****hyper ventilates*****:(....he looks sooooo young.

Brilliant performance.

I forgot to say, he did and he sent thanks including a thank you for the Youtube link.

And has the vid been taken down yet due to copyright violations? :D

Steve is a fantastic piano player. Many of Elvis Costello's songs wouldn't have been nearly as memorable, musically, at least, without his contributions. I've been hunting for years for the limited edition 5 CD set of just Steve & Declan playing live.

My personal favourite performance that I was lucky enought to go to was the one where all the fans went onto the stage and trashed the stage. I think it was in Texas or something. I can’t remember what year. It was a good night, and also a good lay.

June 17 1991 Starplex, Dallas, TX

Back
Top Bottom