My Mother on Morrissey

Sunbags

Sunbags
Ever since I got into Morrissey, my Mother has been coming up with very choice statements about the man himself. The conversation I had with her today about going to see him in England took the biscuit, though. I thought I should post a collection of her finest moments:

Tonights convo:

Me:"I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see him in Jan!"

Mammy:"What are you excited about? Sure aren't you giving him his bread and butter? And does he appreciate it?"

Me:"What do you think?"

Mammy:"Well, he's going around in his dressing robe saying 'amn't I rich?' When you meet him you should ask him what he does with his money"

On hearing "Such a litle thing makes........"

Mammy:"God, isn't he very kinky"

When Morrissey was on Jonathon Ross with Robbie Williams

Me:"Mammy, hasn't Morrissey a lovely smile?"

Mammy:"He'll do, I suppose"

Random Comment, can't remember it's origins...

Mammy:"He wouldn't look twice at the side of the street you were on"

Another random convo - sometimes I just like to ask my Mam questions
about Moz to annoy her

Me:"Mam, what do you think Morrisseys' doing now?"

Mammy:"He's probably out gadding about the town, with his women and his millions"

One Sunday evening

Me:"Mam, Morrissey likes red wine too"

Mammy:"Does he now? Well, that might keep him quiet......."

My Mam seems to think that Morrissey is a crooner type, of the Tom Jones ilk. Does anyone elses' Mother have thoughts on Morrissey? And if so, what are they?

Last edited:
My grandmother had thoughts about Radiohead. But I'll wait until page 3 so we can stay on topic. I like your Mam. She should write for the NME. :D

(actually I think she's far too accurate in her assessments, though)

My grandmother had thoughts about Radiohead. But I'll wait until page 3 so we can stay on topic. I like your Mam. She should write for the NME. :D

(actually I think she's far too accurate in her assessments, though)

Why thank you! And do tell about your grandmother at some stage - I love hearing what parental units have to say about modern day matters - they're always correct and witty in being so.

These are great! Thanks so much for sharing. My mom doesn't say too much about Moz, but my Dad does.

For starters, my dad, for some reason, insists that Morrissey and Chris Isaac are the same person. Horrible though I know. But he backs it up by saying they sound the same, they both whine a lot, and his famous line “Have you ever seen the 2 of them in the same place at the same time? That’s because they are the same person”.

So if anyone has a video etc of Moz and Chris Isaac in the same place at the same time, please let me know so I can shut up my wise ass of a father.

He also loves to sing Smiths songs with the wrong lyrics on purpose. His favorite is “Please Please Please…” His rendition goes something like “I’ve never had what I wanted in all of my life so can you just give me what I want because I’m Chris Isaac and I’m miserable…”

Yeah. My father is a very special person. I’d love to know what his mother was on while pregnant with him, cause I’ll have what she’s having. Jk

These are great! Thanks so much for sharing. My mom doesn't say too much about Moz, but my Dad does.

For starters, my dad, for some reason, insists that Morrissey and Chris Isaac are the same person. Horrible though I know. But he backs it up by saying they sound the same, they both whine a lot, and his famous like “Have you ever seen the 2 of them in the same place at the same time? That’s because they are the same person”.

So if anyone has a video etc of Moz and Chris Isaac in the same place at the same time, please let me know so I can shut up my wise ass of a father.

He also loves to sing Smiths songs with the wrong lyrics on purpose. His favorite is “Please Please Please…” His rendition goes something like “I’ve never had what I wanted in all of my life so can you just give me what I want because I’m Chris Isaac and I’m miserable…” Yeah. My father is a very special person. I’d love to know what his mother was on while pregnant with him, cause I’ll have what she’s having. Jk

Ha ha! I really like his version! I don't think such footage exists, but there's always photoshop, right?

~whew~ for a second there I thought my daughter was starting threads on solo.

Sunbags, I like your Mammy. She’s funny. And she certainly has an eye for kinky =o)

I will let you know what my Mom has to say…I gave her a few Moz CD’s for her recent roadtrip.

I quiet agree with her :D

does your mum like Des Lynam?

She doesn't like him at all! I think her exact phrase, in relation to Des Lynam was, "Ah, dat oul eejit again!". In fact, I think this phrase may have been thrown at Morrissey aswell. I hope if my Mam ever meets Morrissey I can watch from a nearby bush and not be seen with her. She told me if she ever met him she'd "sort him out". Whatever that means.........

Dude?? I'm not a dude! And that's quite disturbing............:(

How would I know that, and yes, it is quite disturbing. You brought it up.

For starters, my dad, for some reason, insists that Morrissey and Chris Isaac are the same person. Horrible though I know. But he backs it up by saying they sound the same, they both whine a lot, and his famous line “Have you ever seen the 2 of them in the same place at the same time? That’s because they are the same person”.

He also loves to sing Smiths songs with the wrong lyrics on purpose. His favorite is “Please Please Please…” His rendition goes something like “I’ve never had what I wanted in all of my life so can you just give me what I want because I’m Chris Isaac and I’m miserable…”

Yeah. My father is a very special person. I’d love to know what his mother was on while pregnant with him, cause I’ll have what she’s having. Jk

HAHAHAHAHA! I saw them both (on different dates, unfortunately) this summer at Wolf Trap. Chris Isaak puts on a helluva great live show--it was like a two-hour comedy special.

320x240.jpg

MorrisseyOuija_Board.jpg

There's definitely a resemblance, but Isaak's nose is hard to beat.

Worth the price of admission.

Sunbags, I like your Mammy. She’s funny. And she certainly has an eye for kinky =o)

I will let you know what my Mom has to say…I gave her a few Moz CD’s for her recent roadtrip.

Give it a few years, and she will be one of us! *evil laugh*! Thank you for not berating my Mammy for her obvious predjudice and misunderstanding of Morrissey!

Does anyone elses' Mother have thoughts on Morrissey? And if so, what are they?

My mother has said:

- What's wrong with his hair?
- How do you feel about.... those... eyebrows? They're quite... large, hunh?
- Why can't he keep his face still?
- I suppose he's handsome in a way... if you like that sort of thing.
- That's the most depressing sound I've ever heard... his voice. I remember when you were a teenager, I'd walk down the hall by your room and hear that mournful sound seeping under the door... made me want to slit my throat.
- Irish hunh? I thought he was English. Oh... English, but Irish. I see.
- Well, he must have a good heart if he's a vegetarian. (She's a vegetarian too.)
- He's taking his shirt off?! And throwing it at people?! I wouldn't have expected that of a dignified man like him.
- I'm sure he has much better things to do than to get online and read all the silly things people say about him.
- Of course he took your hand. He's probably glad to see that he has such a nice fan.
- He drinks vodka? He should watch that, being Irish and all.
- A ten ton truck?! Is that what he's saying? That's silly!
- Is that a... is he... is that a lisp? How do you feel about that?
- Is he married? (Then, when his complex sexuality has been explained->) I see. And that doesn't bother you?
- A tree? Why?! Oh, that's silly.
- What's his mother think of all this?
- He's just a man, you know.

My mother has said:

- What's wrong with his hair?
- How do you feel about.... those... eyebrows? They're quite... large, hunh?
- Why can't he keep his face still?
- I suppose he's handsome in a way... if you like that sort of thing.
- That's the most depressing sound I've ever heard... his voice. I remember when you were a teenager, I'd walk down the hall by your room and hear that mournful sound seeping under the door... made me want to slit my throat.
- Irish hunh? I thought he was English. Oh... English, but Irish. I see.
- Well, he must have a good heart if he's a vegetarian. (She's a vegetarian too.)
- He's taking his shirt off?! And throwing it at people?! I wouldn't have expected that of a dignified man like him.
- I'm sure he has much better things to do than to get online and read all the silly things people say about him.
- Of course he took your hand. He's probably glad to see that he has such a nice fan.
- He drinks vodka? He should watch that, being Irish and all.
- A ten ton truck?! Is that what he's saying? That's silly!
- Is that a... is he... is that a lisp? How do you feel about that?
- Is he married? (Then, when his complex sexuality has been explained->) I see. And that doesn't bother you?
- A tree? Why?! Oh, that's silly.
- What's his mother think of all this?
- He's just a man, you know.

Hilarious!!! Especially "What's his Mother think of all this?". Come to think of it, my Mother swings between telling me that he's probably off with loose women in hotel rooms and later saying 'he's not married? God, he's a qwear one!":D

She doesn't like him at all! I think her exact phrase, in relation to Des Lynam was, "Ah, dat oul eejit again!".

now that is shocking!

In fact, I think this phrase may have been thrown at Morrissey aswell. I hope if my Mam ever meets Morrissey I can watch from a nearby bush and not be seen with her. She told me if she ever met him she'd "sort him out".

tell your mum it's not Morrissey but Chris Isaak!

Whatever that means.........

you should make a poll about it.

My 90 year old Italian Granny had something to say about women throwing their panties on stage at Tom Jones. The convo went like this...

I said, "Granny, if you were at a Tom Jones concert, would you throw your panties up on stage?"

She replied, "I'd sh*t in them first."

Lovely, eh? :o

Give it a few years, and she will be one of us! *evil laugh*! Thank you for not berating my Mammy for her obvious predjudice and misunderstanding of Morrissey!

Well, my Mom is evangelical –she loves Prez Bush and hates gays (I am not insinuating anything, Steven! :p) But she redeems herself by riding a Harley.

Sunbags, be careful--before you know it, your Mammy be lurking on the 'evil frink' thread ;)

My mum: (while watching this charming man video).."is he a gay he looks like one":rolleyes:

while watching stop me video:"I like his hair,i used to have glasses like that"

watching top of pops:"look at that ponce"

my dad is more postive

as said by my dad"morrissey, thier is some good proper music not like this modern pop shite"

Hilarious!!! Especially "What's his Mother think of all this?". Come to think of it, my Mother swings between telling me that he's probably off with loose women in hotel rooms and later saying 'he's not married? God, he's a qwear one!":D

My mother wasn't too keen on my love for him when I was a teen, but now she's positively CONCERNED. It's just not normal for someone to stay this obsessed with someone for twenty years. It's time for me to grow up now, you see. In my mom's world, being a grown up means giving up everything you've ever loved so you can be a very decent and boring parent who wears subdued colors and sits around watching TV all evening... every evening.

When my husband and I (loosely) follow his tours, she acts like we've lost our minds. Wouldn't we rather take a nice beach vacation?

D:

A few years ago, she took a long car ride with us. She sat in the back seat. When we arrived at our destination she emerged from the car with an annoyed look on her face. I asked what was wrong. She told me, in an irritable voice, that my husband and I are meant for each other because we must be the only two people on earth who can spend a three hour car trip discussing Morrissey.

I told her there are others. She didn't believe me.

Well, my Mom is evangelical –she loves Prez Bush and hates gays (I am not insinuating anything, Steven! :p) But she redeems herself by riding a Harley.

Sunbags, be careful--before you know it, your Mammy be lurking on the 'evil frink' thread ;)

Maybe she already does!! She gives out about him so much that maybe she has a secret crush on him! Oh God, that would be weird...........

Back
Top Bottom