"My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst" by Joshua Surtees - The Guardian

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

Then, finally, a breakthrough came. GQ, the well-respected, glossy men’s mag, said that if Morrissey agreed to a full interview, it would publish it. It seemed the perfect fit. Everything was in place. I got my US work visa, agreed to Morrissey’s amended timetable – not the first week of the tour as first promised, but the final date at the Hollywood Bowl.

And then? Morrissey refused to grant an interview.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
'The reasons given were that he didn’t trust journalists, used his own website to put out communiques'

You can hardly blame Moz for not doing this, or any interview.

They're all hell bent on painting a false, right wingist, racist image, rather than focusing on, & accurately reporting, what he actually has to say, or where he stands on certain things, so why would he entertain these people at all?

Katsis screwed up I think. It's unclear (unlikely) that he had agreed anything with Moz, & seems to have just gone out on a limb, then got doubled-sixed by Moz who refused to do the interview.

Moz just needs to sharpen up on his website communiques to ensure that clear, succinct, messages are sent out. If that means 'f*** all press' as suggested by this Surtees, then so be it.

My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

full

Related items:

So, the guy that climbed on stage during a Morrissey gig. Wait a minute. Let me start that again.

So, the black guy that climbed on stage during a Morrissey gig, helped up by Morrissey, if I remember correctly, who then hugged Morrissey while, again, if I remember correctly, Morrissey held his hand, and, years later, accused Morrissey of being racist, is disappointed that Morrissey refused to give him an interview.

LOL

So, basically it was all a ruse to string him along, make him come to America and the Hollywood Bowl, and all the while Moz and Katpiss knew fully well that they weren’t going to offer him any interview? What, are we 12?
As we say in this country, revenge is a dish best served cold.. well done moz team.. just a shame all them people had to give up their time, money, to fly half way across the planet for nothing!!!! This has made my morning. Another master stroke by our mozzer. Moz must be on cloud nine after huge tour and now fingering this journalist sideways VIVA THE MORRISSEY

In truth, it would’ve been a mistake to entertain anyone associated with that contemptible rag— much as Morrissey’s generous dalliances with the NME (in 2004) ultimately proved to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
How very unjust. Our heroe turns out to be a frightened, little man. A big disappointment.

As we say in this country, revenge is a dish best served cold.. well done moz team.. just a shame all them people had to give up their time, money, to fly half way across the planet for nothing!!!! This has made my morning. Another master stroke by our mozzer. Moz must be on cloud nine after huge tour and now fingering this journalist sideways VIVA THE MORRISSEY

You’re an idiot. The only thing Moz is fingering is is his mouse while watching InfoWars vids on YouTube, and using his other hand to ...

The thing is, it's fine to be multi cultural but what the hell is happening to this country? Where halal meat is the norm? Where London has endless rows of crap takeaways and litter and just looks third world. People are stabbing each other daily. Who wouldn't want the ideal version of England with afternoon tea and country walks and rainy days in graveyards? I know which I prefer. England is a free and tolerant society. All welcome. Not a problem. My advice to all living here (and I really don't give a crap if you were born here or have taken the choice to live here), just respect your own area. Respect others. Clean up your own shit and don't expect to live on handouts. I personally hate the fact that our country allows halal slaughter because it's bloody barbaric. If I'm a racist for having an opinion, it's testament to the pathetic society we've become.

This seems to be the type of petty attack Morrissey would make. I'm sure Ketamine Sun would describe this as a giggle.

Morrissey lays down challenge. Journalist accepts said challenge. Morrissey changes the parameters of the original agreement The journalist holds fast. Morrissey refuses the interview opting instead to wear a t-shirt lambasting a newspaper the journalist sometimes works for.

This is Morrissey's revenge - served in an ill-fitting t-shirt that makes him look like a flat-chested granny.

This is how utterly pathetic and vengeful Morrissey is. No wonder he supports right-wing politics, he's about as nasty as they come.

looks like Skinny Peter finally woke up.

must’ve had a late night milking the last drops of vengeful seed from his acorn manhood over the photos of that flat-chested granny in a vest.

looks like Skinny Peter finally woke up.

must’ve had a late night milking the last drops of vengeful seed from his acorn manhood over the photos of that flat-chested granny in a vest.

Who is this Skinny that you speak of? Oh, that Skinny. I'm a different Skinny altogether.

If you're so keen on identifying regsistered users posting anonymously check out the sewer that Reelfountain and Hofmann (one in the same) post to create discussion about the putrid shite 'they' believe.

Who is this Skinny that you speak of? Oh, that Skinny. I'm a different Skinny altogether.

If you're so keen on identifying regsistered users posting anonymously check out the sewer that Reelfountain and Hofmann (one in the same) post to create discussion about the putrid shite 'they' believe.

Skinny do you now have double personality too?

You’re an idiot. The only thing Moz is fingering is is his mouse while watching InfoWars vids on YouTube, and using his other hand to ...
I’m so sorry for being an idiot I really must try harder in future... has mommy given you to many coco pops this morning,

Is Joshua calling Morrissey’s wearing of the T-shirt ‘Morrissey’s latest outburst’ ?

If so, I think Joshua is taking more credit then he deserves. Does he really think Morrissey ran to the shirt makers in response to his presence at the show?:lbf: Anyway, I wonder how much Morrissey really knows about what Katsis does, this arrangement, posts on Central, etc.

And why in hell would he what to be interviewed by The Guardian after that pathetic protest at just one of his shows? I’m sure it’s the last thing he wants to do after or before a show.

Last edited:
I think Morrissey should skip all this bother of touring and doing interviews and just open a record store.

Yes, he could sign everything and make a nice little profit. Either that or reunite
The Nosebleeds. He can’t go wrong
whatever he chooses.

:cool:

Where did the article go ? o_O

Er...still works for me...? Maybe the G blocked you?
But what are you doing here, when you should me telling everything about yourself in the other thread? :(
You don't even rate negatively ALL my posts like you used to! It's like you don't see me anymore!

Has another dislikeredundantofftopictroll turned your head??

I'd never thought I'd say this one day, but, Comic Book Guy, you're breaking my heart. :tears:

Do you like donuts? :)

The article had to be recreated as it was merged mistakenly into another thread by a moderator. This happened recently also, I'm looking into the solution so this doesn't occur again.

Cheers for the info David, our ComicBook Guy was getting paranoid.
That's the last thing we want, isn't it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom