"My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" clear 7" vinyl released (UK, Mar. 23, 2018)

"My Love, I’d Do Anything for You" b/w "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?" (Live) on clear 7" vinyl is out now in the UK.

42406_71RQEo6dZ4L._SL1200_.jpg

Can anyone confirm that the 7" is a slightly different version to the album one?
Namely:
"Additional singing at the end. Rather than just the instruments, horns etc.. there is an extra 'My love I'd do anything for you societies hell you need me just like I need you'"
Thanks in advance.
FWD.

Any news on this, FWD? If so,
we need to add the edit to NHS.

Any news on this, FWD? If so,
we need to add the edit to NHS.
I've asked the b-side source if they will contribute the a-side, but I don't disbelieve the source of the info. It sounds like there's less instruments in lieu of an extra line or two of lyrics. Having my record player in storage isn't helping. But, yes, I suspect this will need adding to the NHS collection if considered a different version.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah! I've got my copy!!! Personally, I don't really care if the record makes it to the charts. Morrissey, like many other successful artists don't need that. He knows he has lots of followers. In our days, charts are made for R&B or some danceable crap and nothing with real meaning but with a good marketing being.
There's never been a period in the history of popular music where the charts were for meaningful songs. Sure, some broke through, but it wasn't the standard. Every generation has complained about the depth of popular culture as they grow older, and that's because they were young and naive when these impressions were made. Everything was new, and important.

People need to stop acting like the eighties and nineties were some golden age of substance. The eighties, and nineties were probably the worst eras of popular music. The game as figured out by then. In the nineties people loved mocking the absurdity of the eighties, and then in the noughts, the eighties became a kind of ironic tool for the culture vultures.

Popular music's creation, and rise has always been about dancing, having fun, and getting laid. It wasn't about sitting in a darkened room listening to Dylan, and Morrissey while contemplating the meaning of life. If you wanted that feeling you listened to Jazz, or Classical music.

The Beatles art albums, and Dylan's folk stardom changed all of that, and it opened up a market for pop poets.

You could add the punk movement, but it was fake. The Ramones, and Sex Pistols were carefully fabricated, but the kids took them seriously. I cringe when people talk about Johnny Rotten like he isn't playing a character. He's all stage, and screen.

Turkey Steppin' and Turkey Stompin'.
Sounds like they threw some jaw harp into the mix on Are Ya Sure Hank Done It This Way.
Hahaa! It's a good one.
Pure T steppin' at the hoedown and stompin' all ya ho's down.

You could add the punk movement, but it was fake. The Ramones, and Sex Pistols were carefully fabricated, but the kids took them seriously. I cringe when people talk about Johnny Rotten like he isn't playing a character. He's all stage, and screen.

I doubt , or not agree by the Ramones, punk was styled , Sex Pistols by Vivian Westwood, and Malcolm McLaren...there was a time in London early 80's where tourist made foto's of Punks, and paid for it, seen around that famous Bridge and around the tower.

Can anyone confirm that the 7" is a slightly different version to the album one?
Namely:
"Additional singing at the end. Rather than just the instruments, horns etc.. there is an extra 'My love I'd do anything for you societies hell you need me just like I need you'"
Thanks in advance.
FWD.

Yes it is different to Lp version .. as suspected after the oh yehs there are an additional 2 "you know me well ...." one normal vocal one the falsetto vocal then a " societies hell. ..." non falsetto

More of an effort than the label itself.
Regards,
FWD.

Does anyone have tab or sheet music for Mando's bassline for 'Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way'? I'm trying to learn it, but it's too damn complicated for me to work out. :confused:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom