"My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" #1 in UK Official Vinyl Single Chart Top 40; "Jacky" #4

Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 40 - Official Charts
30 March 2018 - 05 April 2018

1. "My Love, I'd Do Anything For You"
4. "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"

Neither appear in the "Official Singles Chart Top 100".

42707_vinyl_singles_20180330.jpg

Congrats Morrissey, another nmbr 1....hope 'I wish you lonely ' will be the next.
Wish I could get them inthe Dutch stores though vinyl is coming back fast, so maybe in a town called Best

Don't eat too much chocolate, Happy Easter, all

For anyone wondering, here's the inside story of how this smashing chart triumph went down.

(Sam answers phone half awake)

Sam: Hello?

(Morrissey whispering)

Morrissey: It's me, uncle.

Sam: Hi, uncle. Are you okay?

Morrissey: On deaths door, as usual. Look, I need a favor from you.

Sam: Anything, uncle.

Morrissey: "My Love" is due out tomorrow. It's the best thing I've ever done, but we both know the game is rigged. Listen, tomorrow I need you to rise at the crack of dawn, and scour every known music shop in the country that sells vinyl, and buy every single one. All of them. We mustn't leave this in the hands of the fickle public. You know it's great, and I know it's great, but my coterie of loyalists would rather I sing it to them in person than listen to it on their vastly inferior musical devices. Understandable, yes, but there needs to be some balance.

Sam: Tomorrow?

Morrissey: Yes. Tomorrow, and every day for the next week; or until all supply is exhausted.

Sam: Okay.

Morrissey: Ooh, my dear boy. Also, one more thing...

Sam: Anything, uncle.

Morrissey: I need you to get dressed right now, and kill Ed Sheehan.

Sam: But Uncle, it's three o'clock in the in the morning.

Morrissey: Just kidding. Get some rest. Oh, and I want those receipts.

It's all relative. It's still a chart and he's at the top of it. You can't argue with that.

As far as triumphs go, this is right up there with successfully tying one's shoelaces.

This is the thinnest possible gruel.

You'd be better off if you crush up your meds and add them to the gruel and get it down your neck you crazy bastard!

As far as triumphs go, this is right up there with successfully tying one's shoelaces.

Thank you for sharing your considered and insightful opinion on this subject with the readers of Morrissey-Solo. I found it very interesting and amusing. You are clearly a very funny man. I look forward to reading your thoughts on other topics relating to the singer Morrissey over the coming weeks and months.

Poor, poor Skinny. You are stuck in Hotel Mozifornia and however much you would like to walk away with some dignity, you just can't. You are the once rich penthouse owner who occasionally snorted cocaine for recreational use, but now you have become the filthy heroin addict living in a squat.

Your comments on here were once held in high esteem, but now you are just laughed at by the masses as you gibber your bitter nonsense.

This particular thread is merely about Morrissey selling more vinyl singles this past week than anyone else in Britain. There is no gruel here; thin or thick, just a fact. Your attempt to turn this fact into something else once again leaves you being laughed at. I do hope that you somehow manage to rediscover your dignity. Perhaps you many even find a way of escaping from the hotel, but I doubt it.

Colonel Mustard
Rope
Kitchen

Well, one of those random contributors to discogs asserts there's only 2000 copies of the single in the UK - so that's very good going compared to the amount of RSD vinyl sold (5k) to get to #2.
I personally think there was actually about 5k of singles sold.
That's based on the amount of copies I've seen kicking around myself (21 copies in one HMV), paraded online and some rudimentary maths.
It should be noted that HMV do not stock many singles regardless of the upsurge in vinyl sales.
I saw less than 6 artists with a 7" vinyl record in the racks.
If the choice is that limited...well, it explains a lot.
Still, given the utterly awful promotion - kudos.
FWD.
Hopefully this doesn't sounded too weird (it probably does) but I just wanted to extend some big love to FWD. Your posts are always interesting, insightful and delivered with the self-deprecation of a thoroughly likeable and engaging individual. This site has been in danger of being overrun by f***-witted morons (hello Skinny) for the last year or two and you are always a 100% safe bet to post something appealing, appropriate and apposite. Many thanks for all your efforts, research and willingness to accept the negative views of utter twats. Cheers! Long may you reign.

THE MAN IS ... UNSTOPPABLE!

A SUCCESSFUL TOUR AND NOW... A ....

NUMBER ONE SINGLE ! :p

FOR A NUMBER ONE KIND OF GUY
! :rock:

AND NO PROMO TO PROMOTE IT ?! not needed. GREAT SONG !

Morrissey... you are.... PERFECT !!! :rock::rock: :love::D

THE TROLLS... THEY ARE A WEEPING !

:cool:

No turning back now, his own label, healthy, number one singles, he looks gorgeous. I have never seen him happier.

btw, Very well put "colonel mustard"

Obviously, given your scorn, you must have achieved so much more, albeit without grace.

Charts do matter or they wouldn't exist...

I'm happy for Morrissey.
They never have and sure as hell not in these times with more charts than music. I have never ever in my life heard anyone talk about the charts anywhere, not even on popular culture shows on tv and radio.

Start a chart thread and see where it takes you.

They never have and sure as hell not in these times with more charts than music. I have never ever in my life heard anyone talk about the charts anywhere, not even on popular culture shows on tv and radio.

Start a chart thread and see where it takes you.
It's a measure of success to the artist and their record label. Retailers rely on charts so they can stock their shelves with what will sell. Charts keep the industry spinning round, if you will, like a record, baby. :)

It's a measure of success to the artist and their record label. Retailers rely on charts so they can stock their shelves with what will sell. Charts keep the industry spinning round, if you will, like a record, baby. :)
Yeah that makes sense, they follow a trillion charts and find what to fill shelves with NOT. Your faith in the record company needs more education.

If people only knew that the music industry and every song on radio is produced by swedes. New albums are not ordered because of a chart position but from shady deals with coke snorting company bosses.

You'd think Moz fans of all people would know how the industry works and how corrupted it is. Morrissey must feel that he is talking to deaf fans.

Congrats. I don't care about charts but I deeply enjoy witnessing trolls and haters getting mad over this. What a great cover for a great song.

Congrats. I don't care about charts but I deeply enjoy witnessing trolls and haters getting mad over this. What a great cover for a great song.
They're not mad they're merely stating facts but since you're a snowflake you don't get things like that. You have to worry about Moz's latest statements that tells me he hates people like you.

Now put his record on.

Back
Top Bottom