"My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" #1 in UK Official Vinyl Single Chart Top 40; "Jacky" #4

Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 40 - Official Charts
30 March 2018 - 05 April 2018

1. "My Love, I'd Do Anything For You"
4. "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"

Neither appear in the "Official Singles Chart Top 100".

42707_vinyl_singles_20180330.jpg

There will be those who will laugh at this but remember a #1 to Morrissey means everything.

(And thanks to the 23 folks who purchased this to get him there).

Well, one of those random contributors to discogs asserts there's only 2000 copies of the single in the UK - so that's very good going compared to the amount of RSD vinyl sold (5k) to get to #2.
I personally think there was actually about 5k of singles sold.
That's based on the amount of copies I've seen kicking around myself (21 copies in one HMV), paraded online and some rudimentary maths.
It should be noted that HMV do not stock many singles regardless of the upsurge in vinyl sales.
I saw less than 6 artists with a 7" vinyl record in the racks.
If the choice is that limited...well, it explains a lot.
Still, given the utterly awful promotion - kudos.
FWD.

There are so many charts nowadays they have absolutely no meaning at all. I wonder what position his entry has on the bossanova techno mix chart provided by Tesco?

As far as triumphs go, this is right up there with successfully tying one's shoelaces.

This is the thinnest possible gruel.
This makes no sense. There's no higher position than number 1 your dork. If it's so easy why don't you release one of your meandering uninspired Smiths covers on vinyl? As a token gesture I'll buy 5 copies to give you a kick start.

Reckon the gamble that TMMG, ltd-Malibu-West Hollywood-El Segundo made with throwing everything at "the uk" and even following through with a tour there for the first time in years paid off. Uncle Steve is only going to sell out dates in the USA now in Southern California, Dolly Madison Gardens in New York or whatever it is called, and Tijuana. Reckon you chaps always talk shit about Uncle Steve, but his marketing and A&R team is top ACE in nn n it.

Reckon the gamble that TMMG, ltd-Malibu-West Hollywood-El Segundo made with throwing everything at "the uk" and even following through with a tour there for the first time in years paid off. Uncle Steve is only going to sell out dates in the USA now in Southern California, Dolly Madison Gardens in New York or whatever it is called, and Tijuana. Reckon you chaps always talk shit about Uncle Steve, but his marketing and A&R team is top ACE in nn n it.
Ease down on the disco biscuits!

As far as triumphs go, this is right up there with successfully tying one's shoelaces.

This is the thinnest possible gruel.

Oh do bugger off you old fart, get back to your crappy middle aged covers band. Mid life crisis.

This chart is meaningless. The fact that 'Jacky' is stil hanging around at #4 just tells you how few copies you have to sell. There's no way even 100 people bought that this week. Probably more like 12.

Well, one of those random contributors to discogs asserts there's only 2000 copies of the single in the UK - so that's very good going compared to the amount of RSD vinyl sold (5k) to get to #2.
I personally think there was actually about 5k of singles sold.
That's based on the amount of copies I've seen kicking around myself (21 copies in one HMV), paraded online and some rudimentary maths.
It should be noted that HMV do not stock many singles regardless of the upsurge in vinyl sales.
I saw less than 6 artists with a 7" vinyl record in the racks.
If the choice is that limited...well, it explains a lot.
Still, given the utterly awful promotion - kudos.
FWD.

Listen, f*** off talking sense, you wont get anywhere on here with spouting that.

ps

I love reading your posts, you great big insomniac xx

This chart is meaningless. The fact that 'Jacky' is stil hanging around at #4 just tells you how few copies you have to sell. There's no way even 100 people bought that this week. Probably more like 12.

It means that among the vinyl crowd morrissey was more popular than those below him that week

I got my copy for my 29 th wedding anniversary the 23rd of March, how romantic, ps my husband is nicknamed Hank and he would do anything for me xxx

Vinyl is obviously still the only chart that matters. The fact that you only have to sell 87 records to get in there is of no importance. A number 1 at last.

Vinyl is obviously still the only chart that matters. The fact that you only have to sell 87 records to get in there is of no importance. A number 1 at last.
Moz's only chart success worth a mention is of course when ROT made it to number 1 in Sweden and Malta.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom