"My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" #1 in UK Official Vinyl Single Chart Top 40; "Jacky" #4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Mar 30, 2018.

By davidt on Mar 30, 2018 at 6:33 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      As far as triumphs go, this is right up there with successfully tying one's shoelaces.

This is the thinnest possible gruel.
      • Troll Troll x 10
      • Funny Funny x 4
    2. 21punksalute
      21punksalute
      There will be those who will laugh at this but remember a #1 to Morrissey means everything.

(And thanks to the 23 folks who purchased this to get him there).
      • Funny Funny x 11
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Well, one of those random contributors to discogs asserts there's only 2000 copies of the single in the UK - so that's very good going compared to the amount of RSD vinyl sold (5k) to get to #2.
      I personally think there was actually about 5k of singles sold.
      That's based on the amount of copies I've seen kicking around myself (21 copies in one HMV), paraded online and some rudimentary maths.
      It should be noted that HMV do not stock many singles regardless of the upsurge in vinyl sales.
      I saw less than 6 artists with a 7" vinyl record in the racks.
      If the choice is that limited...well, it explains a lot.
      Still, given the utterly awful promotion - kudos.
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 6
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      There are so many charts nowadays they have absolutely no meaning at all. I wonder what position his entry has on the bossanova techno mix chart provided by Tesco?
    5. Ugly Devil
      Ugly Devil
      This makes no sense. There's no higher position than number 1 your dork. If it's so easy why don't you release one of your meandering uninspired Smiths covers on vinyl? As a token gesture I'll buy 5 copies to give you a kick start.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      Reckon the gamble that TMMG, ltd-Malibu-West Hollywood-El Segundo made with throwing everything at "the uk" and even following through with a tour there for the first time in years paid off. Uncle Steve is only going to sell out dates in the USA now in Southern California, Dolly Madison Gardens in New York or whatever it is called, and Tijuana. Reckon you chaps always talk shit about Uncle Steve, but his marketing and A&R team is top ACE in nn n it.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Ease down on the disco biscuits!
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Oh do bugger off you old fart, get back to your crappy middle aged covers band. Mid life crisis.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Guess it did well enough without the extra promo
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This chart is meaningless. The fact that 'Jacky' is stil hanging around at #4 just tells you how few copies you have to sell. There's no way even 100 people bought that this week. Probably more like 12.
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Listen, fuck off talking sense, you wont get anywhere on here with spouting that.

ps

I love reading your posts, you great big insomniac xx
    12. The Wild Turkey
      The Wild Turkey
      Haha! Here's to ya Moz!
      Pure T is celebratin' and the noodles are hatin'.
      Just like it should be.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It means that among the vinyl crowd morrissey was more popular than those below him that week
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      With sales of 626 you get number 1. And with 28 sales, number 4.
      • Troll Troll x 3
    15. Alexi
      Alexi
      I got my copy for my 29 th wedding anniversary the 23rd of March, how romantic, ps my husband is nicknamed Hank and he would do anything for me xxx
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. Charlie Cheswick
      Charlie Cheswick
      Vinyl is obviously still the only chart that matters. The fact that you only have to sell 87 records to get in there is of no importance. A number 1 at last.
      • Like Like x 5
    17. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      "Are You Sure Hank'd Do Anything For You?" (Bob Clearmountain Megamix)
      • Funny Funny x 2
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Moz's only chart success worth a mention is of course when ROT made it to number 1 in Sweden and Malta.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. Chocoholic
      Chocoholic
      :pileofpoop::sweet::sweet::pileofpoop: