"My Love, I'd Do..." and "All The Young People..." 7" sleeves

From an anonymous person:

42213_201802_singles_front.jpg

42212_201802_singles_back.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or just like you said that I'm never happy and yet you have never met me either.
Remember?
Now f*** off.:thumb:
whats wrong did you not get a valentines card,theres always next year.

I have to say, I want both of these. I think all of the 7" sleeves from LIHS have been great.

Has the anonymous person who posted these heard the Bob Clearmountain remix? Would you be so kind as to describe, if so? I would assume it would address the complaints of many here about the album version, and sounds closer to the German TV and (IIRC) the BBC versions from last year, with the piano louder in the mix?

I loved that song when we heard it live -- have to admit I skip it now. A new mix could do wonders.

takes less time to write ''All the young people'' than that ridiculously long acronym

Ah, that's my annual complaint. Don't know how it became standard for people here to write out acronyms rather that just a shortened title.... TIALTNGO is silly when you could just write "There is a Light...."

But I've long since given up.

The artwork is a huge improvement on recent efforts, especially the horrendous LP cover.

Good to have the Rose Garden cover out officially as he sings it / voice suits it so well (I’d actually like to see him tackle a lot more country / Americana tunes, gram parsons / Scott Walker , lady came from Baltimore style
Is it really what you want? More banjo and grinning ‘n picking?

These two singles look great. Beautiful treatment. I only wish they were maxi singles on 12 inch vinyl with 3 B sides each. Not too much to ask is it? I can only think Morrissey is saving the other tracks for a limited edition deluxe LIHS or a new album altogether. I'm not crazy about live covers but actual physical releases versus the harvest debacle I will take any day.

Ah, that's my annual complaint. Don't know how it became standard for people here to write out acronyms rather that just a shortened title.... TIALTNGO is silly when you could just write "There is a Light...."

But I've long since given up.

I have always hated the acronymizing of titles too. Then at some point I had read so many I began doing it myself. The cult drew me in. You have snapped me out of it though and I will never go back. I swear it. I will SML as I choose! Dammit! I mean "Sing my life"! Ahhhhhhhh.....

I have always hated the acronymizing of titles too. Then at some point I had read so many I began doing it myself. The cult drew me in. You have snapped me out of it though and I will never go back. I swear it. I will SML as I choose! Dammit! I mean "Sing my life"! Ahhhhhhhh.....

Fight the cult! :laughing:

Swift Eclipse, let's

Let's start a gang and roughhouse those who dare to use acronyms...

Yes! We will call ourselves the Ganglords!!! Or GL's for short. Oh wait...

My favourite songs are probably S, S, S and S, although M, M and M are pretty good, as are I and I. Not forgetting the brilliance of D, A, L and T of course....

FFF....

My favourite songs are probably S, S, S and S, although M, M and M are pretty good, as are I and I. Not forgetting the brilliance of D, A, L and T of course....

FFF....
Couldn't agree more. But still too many letters, my friend. ____ is the best thing he's ever written.

Are these actually getting released, as there does not appear anywhere to pre-order them?

No information has emerged yet.
Amazon have obviously listed 1 of the 2, but details of All The Young People... have only emerged in a certain part of the world (mainly Parlophone.CZ / Warners). I won't bore you with my own view of the process by which one person can offer pictures of unreleased records to the community. Things in the Morrissey world can change at the drop of a hat - the Young People single - may never even emerge. The OP doesn't indicate which one of these discs was dated 2017, but it would indicate one was put back or withdrawn.
There's 10 days prior to the Amazon listing release date and there's currently no BMG information, no advertising, no mention at the gigs, no mention by the bigger, well-informed indie record shops who announce things in advance...
They might appear on discogs for sale too - as some seem to find 'a few' to sell there in this 'stock exists, has leaked, but hasn't emerged officially' scenario.
So I'd suggest keeping an eye on the official Twitter & the gig reports here in the coming days to see if there's any confirmation via Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
Just rang Picadilly & Action Records myself and neither have any information on a single on the 2nd of March - which should have been 'sold in' already. I will check again on the 27th.

Last edited:
No information has emerged yet.
Amazon have obviously listed 1 of the 2, but details of All The Young People... have only emerged in a certain part of the world (mainly Parlophone.CZ / Warners). I won't bore you with my own view of the process by which one person can offer pictures of unreleased records to the community. Things in the Morrissey world can change at the drop of a hat - the Young People single - may never even emerge. The OP doesn't indicate which one of these discs was dated 2017, but it would indicate one was put back or withdrawn.
There's 10 days prior to the Amazon listing release date and there's currently no BMG information, no advertising, no mention at the gigs, no mention by the bigger, well-informed indie record shops who announce things in advance...
They might appear on discogs for sale too - as some seem to find 'a few' to sell there in this 'stock exists, has leaked, but hasn't emerged officially' scenario.
So I'd suggest keeping an eye on the official Twitter & the gig reports here in the coming days to see if there's any confirmation via Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
Just rang Picadilly & Action Records myself and neither have any information on a single on the 2nd of March - which should have been 'sold in' already. I will check again on the 27th.

Slightly disappointed that no new info has been given on these as the 2nd of March is next week. :(

Maybe they’re planning them to be RSD releases instead?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom