"My Love, I'd Do..." and "All The Young People..." 7" sleeves

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2018.

By Anonymous on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    1. pretorius
      pretorius
      Where from?, include link please
    2. Kennethwilliamsunderstudy
      Kennethwilliamsunderstudy
      Great songs , fantastic sleeves and 2 canny cover versions .... what's not to like ?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Flibberty
      Flibberty
      I can't find anything to complain about here.

A couple of new live releases are always welcome, the covers are very well designed and I look forward to hearing the new (and much needed) mix of All the Young People.

Plus there is still the possibility of the unreleased studio songs being issued at a later date.

It's all good.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      EMI, HARVEST, BMG
      PLEASE THEM, PLEASE THEM
      SADLY THIS WAS YOUR LIFE
      AND WHEN THEY 4CK YOU OFF ONE BY ONE STEVEY
      YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A CRANKFRAUDSTER BABY

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
      • Troll Troll x 5
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      I do like that font he's used across all the recent releases. It's the one good thing to come out of the album sleeve design. It's somehow modern and nostalgic at the same time.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      the ''Spent the day in bed'' 7'' artwork would've made a great album cover.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Werd
      Werd
      Is the new album artworks not showing up for anyone it seems to have disappeared for me ?
    8. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Yes. Although it doesn't really have any relevance to the album title. Oh, wait...
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's nice to see Benny and Brum finally making an appearance on the front of a Morrissey record. They must be very excited.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    10. ACTON
      ACTON
      I like 'My Love...' but agree that Moz should be releasing his own songs as recorded in the studio. I gave up buying Moz singles years ago (around the time of Quarry) because of crap bsides.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Super excited to hear a new mix of atyp
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Flibberty
      Flibberty
      Something of a contradiction there isn't there?

Especially considering how many b-sides were issued from the Quarry period onwards and the quality of some of them (though not all by any means).
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    13. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      I'm not sure questioning the information/circumstances around a potential record release is 'complaining' per se. Especially as there's no guarantee that the second single is part of any planned release (someone who knows better please source the info). When information changes, I will change how I view things. Until then, I will ask questions - pretty reasonable is it not?
      Regards,
      FWD.
      Also wondering: is the use of a stock Getty picture a first here?
    14. joe frady
      joe frady
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
      • Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    15. davidt
      davidt
      For some reason they weren't showing on IOS devices. I have re-saved and re-uploaded them and they show for me now.

• Like Like x 1
    16. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      Did anyone manage to pre-order the My Love single on amazon before it sold out? If it is due on March 2nd then you'd expect the usual outlets, ActionRecords, Piccadilly, Norman Records etc to have it listed for pre-order by now.
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I think this post being from October adds legitimacy to the idea that this single was meant to come out in place of Jacky. The back of the sleeve says 2017 as well.
    18. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Interestingly - an older record that uses the Getty image:

604988074826-500x500.jpg

And a promo (?) picture for the confirmed (?) single:

1715288296612977040.jpg

Regards,
      FWD.
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
      • Like Like x 6
    19. Jeffrey7777
      Jeffrey7777
      News from heaven! I can get rid of my Rose Garden mp3 bootleg!!
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The notes on the back of the "My love, I'd do anything for you" sleeve say the image is from Mary Evans photo library. It's on their website but the position of the girl's index finger is different