My Life With Morrissey movie

I think Jose from The Sweet and Tender Hooligans is in that piece of trash movie. He plays the shadow that is supposed to be Morrissey. I would rather stare at my shoes for 90 minutes than watch that piece of shit again.

Ha. The accent is hilarious. Unintentionally.

The movie is bad. I can't picture Jackie(the star) listening to Morrissey.

Her room is very nice though but she's just too wild. She claims Morrissey as a sex freak.

She has a nice Piccadilly Palare poster but I doubt she even knows the song.
She has no Morrissey fan characteristics at all.

The extra documentary on real Morrissey fandom is really nice though.
It shows Abrahan. Isn't he on Solo?

I understand what you mean (she seems an unlikely fan to say the least) but don't you think the whole idea of Morrissey fans all sharing similar characteristics is a bit silly? It goes with the image that non-fans have of his audience being full of gloomy overgrown teenagers swooning and weeping into their blouses.
The part when she has an 'argument' with the poster made me cringe too.

I understand what you mean (she seems an unlikely fan to say the least) but don't you think the whole idea of Morrissey fans all sharing similar characteristics is a bit silly? It goes with the image that non-fans have of his audience being full of gloomy overgrown teenagers swooning and weeping into their blouses.

I think our devotion is silly. we stare at the frink thread and just post pictures and pictures of him and some people say very funny things.

but yea, some of us may be obsessed with him to the point that is extremely noticable but still i don't think any of us has an unhealthy obsession like Jackie. We like Morrissey for him, and it seems like she just like him for his.... God knows what.

When she was going to marry him in the movie, she told him all these things he couldnt do. wear shiny shirts, read poetry, have flowers.. those are only some of them..

It's a movie about this girls obssession with Morrissey. She's in love with him and she meets him and they fall in love.

is it based on this woman?

a011-8-1-1.jpg

gloomy overgrown teenagers swooning and weeping into their blouses.

you say that as though it's a misperception.

Last edited:
Oh Christ! Such painful viewing. I watched it even after being warned repeatedly that it was a pile of toss, a small part of me thought there would be some glimmer of comedy or entertianment somewhere, in a so-bad-it's-good way.
But if anything it was much, MUCH worse then everyone said. I hated it so utterly.

It was like they had flicked through a picture book of Morrissey and decided to make a film, with no knowledge of HIM at all. Sick-making and shameful.

is it based on this woman?

a011-8-1-1.jpg

Posting another user's photo, in a derogatory sense, is against the TOS, I'm pretty sure?

But this has been up for more than an hour, while at least three mods have come and gone--one of them laughing at another of this user's posts in another thread.

Some people have special clearance, obviously.

Posting another user's photo, in a derogatory sense, is against the TOS, I'm pretty sure?

But this has been up for more than an hour, while at least three mods have come and gone--one of them laughing at another of this user's posts in another thread.

SI posted her photos many times in the forums, what is your problem?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTLgWq8wKXM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTLgWq8wKXM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:rofl:

okay i'm sorry but that looks hilarious :laughing:

Ha. Well, I suppose it's correct with regards to people who actually want to be walking cliches...

you'd be surprised by how many do.

ok, i've just been on the phone to my lawyer. he told me to say that you're gonna need to cite caselaw as authority for that proposition.

you have a nice evening.

you're gonna need to cite caselaw as authority for that proposition.

Hm. Well I see this: "You agree to not use the Service to: ...12. "stalk" or otherwise harass another"

...Looking at your post history, I see that you do absolutely nothing but harass other users, mainly outside the Pigsty subforum. (This is remarkable since the first post of yours I noticed was taking umbrage over the use of the word "mong.") So my question is settled and my guess was correct:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=989718&postcount=8

Have a good night yourself.

HIM= him ;) (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

When making a movie about a overly-obsessive Morrissey fan, it'd probably be a good idea to come up with some sort of Morrissey fan stereotype, regardless of the way fans are in reality.

A extraverted psycho sex freak is NOT even trying.

Anyways, on a completely different note - I would have killed for the Morrissey doll to have a stop-motion scene singing 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys'. That would be excellent.

...it'd probably be a good idea to come up with some sort of Morrissey fan stereotype, regardless of the way fans are in reality.

A extraverted psycho sex freak is NOT even trying.

Really? I think it'd be better do something which didn't pander to stereotypes at all. Although yes, her character was pretty grim as far as I remember. But then that's probably just to 'appeal to the masses', who are apparently thought to be quite stupid.

Back
Top Bottom