My last solo post ever

Jukebox Jury

Retired
......until Friday evening.........
I'm away with work, in the Lake District, with 12 of Salford's finest young offenders.
I asked if any of them can cook (as we are self catering)..... one lad said ''Yes, I can make great space cakes....':eek:

So, tomorrow is shopping, travelling, ropes course and orienteering and a night hike (whilst I miss City v Bolton:mad:)
Wednesday is problem solving activities and caving
Thursday is a 6 mile hike (six miles if they read the map correctly:squiffy:) and a two mile canoe down Windermere
Friday is wash and go in the centre we are staying at, followed by a zip wire experience and travelling back home.

Don't even mention possible snow:eek:

See you Friday:guitar:

Last edited:
Keep your socks dry and have fun! (Pack extra for sure.)

Last edited:
I'm away with work, in the Lake District, with 12 of Salford's finest young offenders.

Taking a bit of a risk there aren't you, I wouldn't trust the little shits.

I asked if any of them can cook (as we are self catering)..... one lad said ''Yes, I can make great space cakes....':eek:

What the flamming heck are space cakes??????????????????

whilst I miss City v Bolton:mad:)

Football is gay.

Problem activities??:confused:

six miles if they read the map correctly:squiffy:)

If one of the young offenders are reading it. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

travelling back home.

Yeah I've you're still alive, the Lake District isn't a safe place at the moment. Look what happened to Joe McIntyre.

Again, you might be dead so you might not see anyone ever again. Have a safe trip.

It sounds like just the sort of jaunt I could do with.:thumb:life is dull in Norfolk:rolleyes:

So, tomorrow is shopping, travelling, ropes course and orienteering and a night hike (whilst I miss City v Bolton:mad:)
Thursday is a 6 mile hike (six miles if they read the map correctly:squiffy:) and a two mile canoe down Windermere
Friday is wash and go in the centre we are staying at, followed by a zip wire experience and travelling back home.

eh! wash and go? so you will have to wait 3 days before you have a wash or am I missing something.
Have fun JJ:guitar:

I'm back! :guitar::cool::rock:
I've done these outdoor activity weeks maybe 25 / 30 times over the years and this was one of the less stressful - a good group who actually wanted to be there and do the activities rather than think it was a holiday. Yes there were tears, tantrums and quite a few ''I wanna go home's'', (from the kids....not me ha ha) and plenty of ''me, me,me's'' but we all came back in one piece (none sent home - a rareity!) and to my knowledge, it was an alcohol + drug free trip (including me!!!!) which was also a rareity. I was up until 2am each night....:eek: and after that if they took anything...well they all got up at 7.30am in the morning, so think it was ok........
They were asking me ''are we the worst team you have ever taken?'' and were gutted when I said out of all the teams, this was in the top 10 of easiest teams to work with..... the wanna be gangsters were fuming at their lack of misbehaviour!
It was the first time in maybe two years of the trips that I came back stress free and really positive about their experience and for the rest of the 10 weeks left of the course....
Photo's to follow:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I'm back! :guitar::cool::rock:
I've done these outdoor activity weeks maybe 25 / 30 times over the years and this was one of the less stressful - a good group who actually wanted to be there and do the activities rather than think it was a holiday. Yes there were tears, tantrums and quite a few ''I wanna go home's'', (from the kids....not me ha ha) and plenty of ''me, me,me's'' but we all came back in one piece (none sent home - a rareity!) and to my knowledge, it was an alcohol + drug free trip (including me!!!!) which was also a rareity. I was up until 2am each night....:eek: and after that if they took anything...well they all got up at 7.30am in the morning, so think it was ok........
They were asking me ''are we the worst team you have ever taken?'' and were gutted when I said out of all the teams, this was in the top 10 of easiest teams to work with..... the wanna be gangsters were fuming at their lack of misbehaviour!
It was the first time in maybe two years of the trips that I came back stress free and really positive about their experience and for the rest of the 10 weeks left of the course....
Photo's to follow:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I hope you were a good role model to these little rebels.

You are such an upstanding citizen in real life. :guitar: :thumb:

The energy would be better spent posting at Quiffa's board. I'm sure she would appreciate it, and they are pretty nice over there. Seeing all these old posts just makes this board look stale.

Back
Top Bottom