My last Smiths / Moz items up for auction

Tried reading through everything on that site, sorta complicated compared to using eBay. But I’m in the US, should be fine to buy stuff right? Looks like there’s that buyer premium of 27% or so plus 3% for using a foreign credit card I think. It says shipping can be arranged but doesn’t give many details. I assume that’ll be easy to make happen. Just trying to add up all the costs here and make sure I don’t have any problems being in the US. Thanks.

Tried reading through everything on that site, sorta complicated compared to using eBay. But I’m in the US, should be fine to buy stuff right? Looks like there’s that buyer premium of 27% or so plus 3% for using a foreign credit card I think. It says shipping can be arranged but doesn’t give many details. I assume that’ll be easy to make happen. Just trying to add up all the costs here and make sure I don’t have any problems being in the US. Thanks.

Omegas shipping costs are extortionate, even from U.K. to U.K.
I remember buying a gold disc off there once and it was about £60-80 postage. I nearly had a fit! I had to ring up and really complain and argue over a cheaper option, which thankfully they succumbed to.

I dare say being in the US, if you win an item for, say £500, you’d end up shelling out £800, after fees and shipping lol.

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I bid on two things. Pretty low bids so I’ll probably get outbid anyways. If not, we’ll see what happens. Hopefully I’ll get a bargain on the items which could offset ridiculous shipping costs.

Omegas shipping costs are extortionate, even from U.K. to U.K.
I remember buying a gold disc off there once and it was about £60-80 postage. I nearly had a fit! I had to ring up and really complain and argue over a cheaper option, which thankfully they succumbed to.

I dare say being in the US, if you win an item for, say £500, you’d end up shelling out £800, after fees and shipping lol.

I did offer them here and on the Moz Smiths FB page but i was pretty much low balled on them, i understand that totally as thats what i d do too but at least at auction as they say they will find their value.

I did offer them here and on the Moz Smiths FB page but i was pretty much low balled on them, i understand that totally as thats what i d do too but at least at auction as they say they will find their value.

Low balled? I seen some of the offers first hand. They were very respectable. You wanted £700 for a Hold On To Your Friends promo. No doubt they’ll all go through the roof on Omega, and your decision will be vindicated. But to say you were low balled is a load of shit. I offered you £350 for the Our Frank 7” Promo and it didn’t even come close to your valuation. There’s absolutely no precedent for a £700 Moz 7” promo. You got high offers on all your items. £500 on the Headmaster 7” too, which you flat refused. again, show me the precedent for that kind of pricing on that item. Good luck with them tho, they’ll all do very well.

Well its all about what you feel an item is worth which is naturally subjective, just look at RC valuations they are way off.

Allie Walls

You are a funny man

You were given great offers on your stuff, no fees to pay either to Ebay, Omega or likewise. Your stuff will have to go some to beat those offers and pay Omega their cut too. Your Hold on promo will need to sell for £1000. Can’t see it but you never know.

Driven by the need to support my family and investing in my wife's first business (Salon), putting our energy into making a better life rather than posting trivial anonymous rage on the internet.
Do you really think i enjoy selling something i have built up and obsessively collected for over 30 years ?

Last edited:
How did these items do out of interest ?

£320 on the Headmaster 7” & Aussie Ask pair.
£220 on the Our Frank Promo. Not sure how much he takes home after fees.

Versus £500 “low-ball” offer on his Headmaster via the Smiths Facebook page.

And a £350 direct offer from myself, on the Our Frank promo.

Not that I’m gloating or anything.

£320 on the Headmaster 7” & Aussie Ask pair.
£220 on the Our Frank Promo. Not sure how much he takes home after fees.

Versus £500 “low-ball” offer on his Headmaster via the Smiths Facebook page.

And a £350 direct offer from myself, on the Our Frank promo.

Not that I’m gloating or anything.

Yesss, OB, yes indeed
The greed of Allie is again outed.

What is the correct way to dispose of such items without enraging anyone? Chuck in a bin?

What is the correct way to dispose of such items without enraging anyone? Chuck in a bin?

His items, can do what he wants. Good luck to anyone that sells their hard earned stuff, takes years and thousands, and thousands of pounds go in to it. I just had an issue with the “low ball” comment. Alan got loads of offers, ridiculous eye watering offers, and still scoffed at them, it wasn’t just a “no thank you” decline, he was actually quite insulted and blunt. Not just speaking for myself here either, a few other collectors said he was a bit of a dick.

His items, can do what he wants. Good luck to anyone that sells their hard earned stuff, takes years and thousands, and thousands of pounds go in to it. I just had an issue with the “low ball” comment. Alan got loads of offers, ridiculous eye watering offers, and still scoffed at them, it wasn’t just a “no thank you” decline, he was actually quite insulted and blunt. Not just speaking for myself here either, a few other collectors said he was a bit of a dick.

He (along with soft argie Marc) try to come across as no all’s on the signed front. It’s cringeworthy. Not as cringeworthy as Cassidy’s stupid gig list. Middle England ponce.

Back
Top Bottom