My Interview With !Viva Hate!

@Mozmar
The books on tape version.

Question 13:
https://voca.ro/nehk8ZNdPfM

Viva, thanks for doing these for me/us...it was really great to put a voice-to-the-face-to-the-name, so to speak...very much appreciated that you took the time to do this.
Despite your sore throat, you came across really well, I must say. Nice tone, & good fluidity, with an American twist. Not sure where you're from exactly, but it's a nice accent.
I particularly liked it when you strayed from the script; it was better because, as you know, reading from a script can sometimes come across as a bit stilted, which is to be expected as it can be quite awkward reading back text, especially when it's your own. When you started to fill with ad libs, & normal speech/conversational patterns, it was much better & we got a better sense of the real you. This was nice, especially as you showed your clear, good sense of humour, & natural intellect.
I look fwd to part 2, if that's your intention?
Thanks again.

...That's it. It's two people talking...It's a straightforward dialogue.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to go about collecting and posting what you have here. I guess where I have an issue is the use of the word "Interview" to describe what has taken place here. In your words above, you describe this as more of a "Conversation" between the two of you and I believe that here in lies the rub.

Here is an excerpt from your conversation:

"You've cultivated a personality, in your tens of thousands of posts here over the years, of someone who is very brazen and unapologetic. Have you ever regretted a negative exchange with a poster here? Have you ever rethought or wanted to redact a post?

...And there’s also all the shit that I went through with you that I regret. But that’s water under the bridge. No reason to bring up the Viva Hate cockblock ever again."

Ummm, but that is kind of the whole reason for an interview. To disclose and bring some perspective to things not already known to the reader. Most of this came across as a conversation between the two of you with a lot of short-handed comments that wouldn't exist in an actual interview of a person.

Also, there is very little learned for those who have been on these boards for any length of time. If there is a part two, I hope that more than the superficial and peripheral aspects of VH's about-face on his sexuality is explored and how VH presents to the world is drawn out.

VH mentioned several times about being sexually molested as a child. How did this impact VH as a person growing up? What did VH do to act out based on this/these traumatic events if anything? How does VH now think it affected his self-esteem and passage into adulthood, and future relationships both sexual and otherwise?

Recently there has been mention of gang-bangs, which goes completely against the grain of the monogamous relationship VH appeared to have had with a fellow Moz Solo poster. No time at all was spent flushing this out, nor why VH places such an importance on the number of posts given there is no ultimate reward other than one that VH may have built around this achievement.

Just a few thoughts should this go another round.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to go about collecting and posting what you have here. I guess where I have an issue is the use of the word "Interview" to describe what has taken place here. In your words above, you describe this as more of a "Conversation" between the two of you and I believe that here in lies the rub.

"You've cultivated a personality, in your tens of thousands of posts here over the years, of someone who is very brazen and unapologetic. Have you ever regretted a negative exchange with a poster here? Have you ever rethought or wanted to redact a post?

...And there’s also all the shit that I went through with you that I regret. But that’s water under the bridge. No reason to bring up the Viva Hate cockblock ever again."

Ummm, but that is kind of the whole reason for an interview. To disclose and bring some perspective to things not already known to the reader. Most of this came across as a conversation between the two of you with a lot of short-handed comments that wouldn't exist in an actual interview of a person.

Also, there is very little learned for those who have been on these boards for any length of time. If there is a part two, I hope that more than the superficial and peripheral aspects of VH's about-face on his sexuality is explored and how VH presents to the world is drawn out.

VH mentioned several times about being sexually molested as a child. How did this impact VH as a person growing up? What did VH do to act out based on this/these traumatic events if anything? How does VH now think it affected his self-esteem and passage into adulthood, and future relationships both sexual and otherwise?

Recently there has been mention of gang-bangs, which goes completely against the grain of the monogamous relationship VH appeared to have had with a fellow Moz Solo poster. No time at all was spent flushing this out, nor why VH places such an importance on the number of posts given there is no ultimate reward other than one that VH may have built around this achievement.

I guess that to me an interview and a conversation are semantic definitions of the same thing. I didn't pretend to be an actual journalist, like I did with Kristeen Young when I was driving an ice cream truck and drinking a lot of beer. #jamiesyrie

I asked her questions I wanted to ask her. No more, no less. That isn't to say I couldn't have asked her more. It was a lark at first, when I approached her about doing a Q and A; not a lark as in insincere but it was just kind of a tongue in cheek proposition because I was bored. But she was up for it and then it became a fun little exchange and I felt like her answers were very cogent and straightforward. So I asked if I could post it publicly and she said sure. I think you believe a massive amount of thought or pretense was put into it, but it wasn't, at least not on my part and I'm pretty sure not on hers either.

I don't ask people about extremely personal and/or traumatic things like child abuse they experienced or whatever; at least not in the context of something like what I transcribed above. It's not that I don't care...I'm not saying that...I'm just saying I don't go there unless it's naturally arrived at in conversation and even then only if I feel like the other person wants to discuss it.

Regarding how "redundant" the information is, oh well. There might be new posters here who see VH around a lot and they read it as a kind of crash course introduction to a regular, established member...I don't really know or care.

I did it for me; I posted it because I liked it, and if other people react this way or that way it's not really my concern.

VH mentioned several times about being sexually molested as a child. How did this impact VH as a person growing up?

You're looking at the impact.

What did VH do to act out based on this/these traumatic events if anything?

You're looking at the acting out.

How does VH now think it affected his self-esteem and passage into adulthood, and future relationships both sexual and otherwise?

You're looking at how it affected his self-esteem and passage into adulthood.

These things may be left unspoken but we can see all this for ourselves :eyes::rolleyes:

And it's not a pretty sight!

https://voca.ro/5RS8ezRcBXv

Also, there is very little learned for those who have been on these boards for any length of time. If there is a part two, I hope that more than the superficial and peripheral aspects of VH's about-face on his sexuality is explored

https://voca.ro/dvIdMO82uHK

and how VH presents to the world is drawn out.

https://voca.ro/7Db6naoItom

https://voca.ro/944c36accQn

Recently there has been mention of gang-bangs, which goes completely against the grain of the monogamous relationship VH appeared to have had with a fellow Moz Solo poster.

https://voca.ro/onUSxlRMDin

No time at all was spent flushing this out, nor why VH places such an importance on the number of posts given there is no ultimate reward other than one that VH may have built around this achievement.

https://voca.ro/mqNRxnAYccT

Any more? :tongueout:

recorded deposition regarding VH cockblock, et al.

It was weird to play this because I've forgotten so much of that stuff you articulated...not as in "water under the bridge" forgotten but literally forgotten. You mention two falling outs but I only recall one; the one you went into detail about regarding NHNS. I don't recall any other period of contention with you but if you say it was there then it was there. What was the other falling out over??

Regarding NHNS, I believe, as you say, that I talked to her quite a bit but in my mind, now, I feel like it was five minutes in real life and maybe three PMs. I know that's likely untrue or else why would I have gotten so pissy with you over it but honestly in my head it seems like the blink of an eye. I don't know if that's because I was so blisteringly drunk any time I'd post on here after 10 p.m. and therefore can't remember properly or if it's age getting the best of me or if it's because, these days, I would never PM a chick online and so therefore can't conceive of EVER having done it, but at any rate in my head all of that seems like nothing and it's f***ing ridiculous that we ever fought about it.

Last thing I'll say is that it's not so much that I don't like to talk about that stuff; it's just that I (as already noted) don't remember a lot of it and what I do remember seems to me, now, to have been a grotesque waste of time...not in the sense of correspondence with you but just in general on the forum; I mean I honestly can't believe how much I was into this place back then. All the time I spent on here dealing with f***ing halfwits. Looking back I can't conceive of posting more than a handful of times a week, or exerting energy on people who literally have the I.Q. of a dead horse. Not to mention the f***ing psychopaths who actually followed me around the internet and made jokes about my kids dying.

Oh well. That's incels for ya.

It was weird to play this because I've forgotten so much of that stuff you articulated...not as in "water under the bridge" forgotten but literally forgotten. You mention two falling outs but I only recall one; the one you went into detail about regarding NHNS. I don't recall any other period of contention with you but if you say it was there then it was there. What was the other falling out over??

Regarding NHNS, I believe, as you say, that I talked to her quite a bit but in my mind, now, I feel like it was five minutes in real life and maybe three PMs. I know that's likely untrue or else why would I have gotten so pissy with you over it but honestly in my head it seems like the blink of an eye. I don't know if that's because I was so blisteringly drunk any time I'd post on here after 10 p.m. and therefore can't remember properly or if it's age getting the best of me or if it's because, these days, I would never PM a chick online and so therefore can't conceive of EVER having done it, but at any rate in my head all of that seems like nothing and it's f***ing ridiculous that we ever fought about it.

Last thing I'll say is that it's not so much that I don't like to talk about that stuff; it's just that I (as already noted) don't remember a lot of it and what I do remember seems to me, now, to have been a grotesque waste of time...not in the sense of correspondence with you but just in general on the forum; I mean I honestly can't believe how much I was into this place back then. All the time I spent on here dealing with f***ing halfwits. Looking back I can't conceive of posting more than a handful of times a week, or exerting energy on people who literally have the I.Q. of a dead horse. Not to mention the f***ing psychopaths who actually followed me around the internet and made jokes about my kids dying.

>muh incel

Thank you VH for taking the time, and going back over things that might still be painful for you, to answer my questions.

After listening to them all, I am struck by how soft and peaceful your voice sounds. It has a very soothing quality. The thing that stood out the most is your ultra-competitive nature juxtaposed against your extremely low-self-esteem. You seem to be driven to be the best by the things that have happened in your past, but somehow seeing the worst as it relates to how you perceive yourself.

PS. I knew when I left the one "his" in one of the questions (referring to your "masculine" past) you would call me out on it. Not so much a test as a confirmation of thought. :) Again, much appreciated.

It sounds like you are a long way from the place occupied by skylarker. You were right to ask for that account to be deleted and when I saw that awhile ago, I knew growth was happening. You don’t need my approval, so don’t take it that way. Just saying what you wrote sounds like it’s coming from a stable and good place.

It is interesting stuff, the whole human experience. But have the self awareness to realize, this can easily be interpreted as the same type of puking out emotion with out filters, like a lot CG’s personal reveals. Watch for the emotional hangover with this stuff as it can be mental in a bad way and maybe not in a good one. It may be helpful for you, I just don’t see that I guess.

Back
Top Bottom