My Hot Topic experience

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
I always make it a habit to go into the Hot Topic store at the Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, as it is the only one that I've been into to ever have Smiths/Moz stuff. In the past, I've seen two different shirts for sale: one had the HSIN? cover where the guy appears to be feeling himself ;), and one with the Bona Drag cover.

However, I was in for a few surprises today. To start with, there were a few new shirts for sale. One was black with the Viva Hate cover on it. Another (for girls) had one of the YHKM sleeve pics. And maybe the greatest of all (which I actually bought), was blue and the Terrence Stamp cover from WDDIM? :D

And right as I laid my eyes on this beautiful thing, the most unlikely thing I could possibly imagine came over the stereo:

"There is something I wanted to tell you..."

I was stunned. I stood there, overcome by art and rooted to the spot, staring at this shirt and singing Come Back to Camden to myself. It was a beautiful moment (tho I think that I embarassed my mother a bit :o). Bought the shirt and left the mall; i'm sitting at my computer wearing it right now.

What I'm saying is, go to your local Hot Topic store (hard as that may be for some) and look for these shirts! They're quite nice and only about $15. Just a heads up!

They really put Come Back to Camden!!! Cuz everytime I'm in Hot Topic(not much btw) they have some someone screaming really loud and my mum gets uneasy and goes out. I was there last week and founded a Bona Drag shirt, but it was too small and my mum founded that new book called "The Albums".I think I'm going to buy next time I have the chance. I did buy their Every day is like Sunday shirt over the net back in Feb and I love it.

I bought that WDDIM shirt in hot topic! i wore it to the AC show! its a great shirt, i lurves it :)

I bought that WDDIM shirt in hot topic! i wore it to the AC show! its a great shirt, i lurves it :)

I have photos of you wearing it

I do pop into Hot Topic every now and again just to look for Moz/Smiths stuff (Depeche Mode too). So far I have bought 5 moz and Smiths shirts. Ive seen the shirts you mentioned but Ive been low on cash so I havent bought any lately. Maybe Ill make a trip this weekend:)

I cant believe you heard Come back to Camden!! I would die if i heard that or any Moz/Smiths song playing in the store lol That is sooo cute you were singing! :D I bet you were the only one who knew the lyrics! What a day full of lovely surprises you had :D

as your desktop wallpaper?

Oh, I meant to say I've SEEN photos of you in that shirt...

My Wallpaper is of course the infamous pictures with Bogdana...

I've been in the store when they've played "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me", and they've had quite a few Smiths/Moz things at time, like a Queen is Dead Tote and a few Moz shirts. I buy the shirts off the website usually, though.

I worked in a Hot Topic when I was younger and thats how I got into the Smiths cuz my manager put on some 80s compilation cd and How Soon is Now came on.

thanks hot topic! *thumbs up*

I went to my Hot Topic today looking for those shirts. Not that I need any more Smiths shirts but you can never have too many. Anyway the bastards didn't have them. I was pissed, had some birthday cash and figured I'll pick one up. Guess I have to order them online.

It's a shame they're at Hot Topic. People who aren't even fans end up buying them more often then not! The last time I was in there the employee followed me around making fun of me liking The Smiths then he tried to ask me out. Ew.

However, I was in for a few surprises today. To start with, there were a few new shirts for sale. One was black with the Viva Hate cover on it. Another (for girls) had one of the YHKM sleeve pics. And maybe the greatest of all (which I actually bought), was blue and the Terrence Stamp cover from WDDIM? :D

Please tell me that the YHKM pic was the one where he's checking his watch, not the one where he's just lying there looking at the camera. The watch pic is my all-time favorite single cover because it's so goddamn funny.

for some reason my local hot topic closed months ago...:(

is it true that when you work there they pretty much pay you to go to shows/concerts? and you get discounts on them and stuff, because if youre working there you of course have to be cool and "go to shows" all the time?

for some reason my local hot topic closed months ago...:(

is it true that when you work there they pretty much pay you to go to shows/concerts? and you get discounts on them and stuff, because if youre working there you of course have to be cool and "go to shows" all the time?

I never got paid to go to shows, but they do have a 40% discount which is pretty sweet. i used to dye my hair bright pinks and purples at the time, so it came in handy for that.

I never got paid to go to shows, but they do have a 40% discount which is pretty sweet. i used to dye my hair bright pinks and purples at the time, so it came in handy for that.

hm, i guess my friend didnt really know what he was talking about then, cuz if that was true i would work there in a heart beat during a moz tour and become the next julia.

They really put Come Back to Camden!!! Cuz everytime I'm in Hot Topic(not much btw) they have some someone screaming really loud and my mum gets uneasy and goes out. I was there last week and founded a Bona Drag shirt, but it was too small and my mum founded that new book called "The Albums".I think I'm going to buy next time I have the chance. I did buy their Every day is like Sunday shirt over the net back in Feb and I love it.

That's like my local Hot Topic. I like metal and hard rock on the occassion but I can't STAND shopping trying to look at things and decide what I want to buy and have that ear bleeding stuff going on in the background. I find it very distracting. It's just like when i go into some of the other clothing stores in the same mall where they have hip/hop or some sort of obnoxious pop music playing...ENOUGH

BTW, Hot Topic's website has a better selection of Smiths/Morrissey stuff then they do in their stores.

I would suggest going to Hot Topic and buying 'rockabilly' mag number 38 when it comes out, apparently there is a review of a fabulous book in it.

Back
Top Bottom