My heart is with Catalonia

Won't happen. Neither will Brexit.
Oh Brexit will happen, and I am probably one of many, that are prepared to physically fight the current government to ensure its success.

My prediction of a spanish civil war draws closer but Daily Mail is using that as a headline so I guess that means it is less likely.

A full on civil war is possible, and a degree of violence seems inevitable if some of the young fools I’ve seen interviewed on the streets of Barcelona are anything to go by.

Thankfully the EU has kept the peace in Europe since before it was even created, so that’s good.

(Except Yugoslavia.)

All this talk about Catalonia makes me crave a catalan which was something I had quite a lot back in the day with my coffee when I was still drinking the stuff.

Render.ashx

Now would have been an interesting time to once again have a chat with the girl from Barcelona I met at half time during the Europa League Final in Solna back in May.

She had the typical Barcelona girl style with black specs and straight black hair and everyone shown on swedish news tonight had her looks.

All this talk about Catalonia makes me crave a catalan which was something I had quite a lot back in the day with my coffee when I was still drinking the stuff.

Render.ashx

Now would have been an interesting time to once again have a chat with the girl from Barcelona I met at half time during the Europa League Final in Solna back in May.

She had the typical Barcelona girl style with black specs and straight black hair and everyone shown on swedish news tonight had her looks.
Looks like a bakewell tart that.

Looks like a bakewell tart that.

Some are bigger than others.

LOL

I had the small ones with 5 in each package. Some spell it Katalan with a K but Catalan with a C is the proper spelling.

My style:

13259529_833569283416009_1536380497_n.jpg

Reminds me of quiet afternoons having coffee and catalan watching reruns on 90210 back in the 90's.

LOL

I had the small ones with 5 in each package. Some spell it Katalan with a K but Catalan with a C is the proper spelling.

My style:

Reminds me of quiet afternoons having coffee and catalan watching reruns on 90210 back in the 90's.
Afternoon tea here :blushing: (Godforsaken Queen)

LOL

My style:

*of

Every bloody post a spelling error sneaks in, often just a letter but anyway. Not to mention all the other spelling errors and choice of words and phrases the online police will remind me of.

LOL

I only do damstels in distress according to a german girl who once flew with the band and it ended badly. If I believed in my reputation my life would be quite fabulous.

Oh please! Don't ruin this deep and heartful independence thread with your dirty old man's babbling.

According to a source online 1700 companies have left Catalonia so far. VW are yet to make a decision and SEAT have delayed naming their latest car.

This seems to be a way to move power from Madrid to EU yet the people of Catalonia will only lose even more power by doing so.

I see it as this being more about emotions from the past than dealing with reality. We may evolve and become more modern all we like but the memories from the past will always dictate decisions.

Spain is a weird european country in many ways and truly belong to south America and now is the time for less siesta and time to roll up the sleeves.

Always been a place and people I for some reason cannot take seriously at all. It is like they worship failure and personal suffering and if they ever start making a victim cardigan then Spain is the place to start that factory.

What about the atrocities against the mexicans that Spain is responsible for historically?

Oh Brexit will happen, and I am probably one of many, that are prepared to physically fight the current government to ensure its success.

I don’t care either way (I used to be a staunch defender of the EU but the way Greece got f***ed over by the EU and the Troika has turned me into a bit of a sceptic; I guess I still like the idea of a united Europe, but the EU has to be completely reformed) but most economists and business analysts agree that a hard Brexit is more and more unlikely. Theresa May only has 13 months to get a deal, which must be reached by October 2018 in order for a draft accord to be ratified by the EU before the Article 50 deadline expires in March 2019. That timetable is too small for the UK to negotiate, but an off-the-shelf arrangement, a “soft” Brexit, might fit inside that envelope. The Tories’ election loss plus Labour’s turn towards the single market has strengthened the pro-Europe majority of MPs in Parliament and there are only about 50 MPs left who are hardcore Brexiteers.

Perhaps we should continue this discussion in a year and see who was right, that is if the Donnie and Kimmie dick waving hasn’t done us all in by then.

I'm watching TV3 from Catalonia. For some hours Spanish police has been occupying the headquarters of mossos d'esquadra, Catalonia's police force that defended people the day that Spanish police intended to stop the independence reerendum by beating common people à la Franco. Nobody knows what's happening inside those buildings. Spanish dictatorship knows the only argument that supports it is brute force, so they will concentrate their highest pressure on the mossos. It's not hard to imagine what's happening there. I pray for that people.

Like in Venezuela, which seems to be in the opposite side of political spectrum from a naïf left-right perspective, military and police forces are used by dictators against common people to keep their illegitimate power, instead of using them to defend people against criminals and foreign attacks. I think a true representative of God in this earth like the Pope, if something like that actually exists, should be on the side of opressed people without a single doubt.

You are missing the point.

I'm not sure I am. You said you'd be willing to physically fight for a successful Brexit. But if it gets to a stage of physical fighting, I don't think the world is exactly going to be looking on enviously. In what sense would your fighting help to achieve success?

With Steve's love of Mexico, I think he should just play a free benefit gig to raise some money for this city in Mexico, wherever it is.

I'm watching TV3 from Catalonia. For some hours Spanish police has been occupying the headquarters of mossos d'esquadra, Catalonia's police force that defended people the day that Spanish police intended to stop the independence reerendum by beating common people à la Franco. Nobody knows what's happening inside those buildings. Spanish dictatorship knows the only argument that supports it is brute force, so they will concentrate their highest pressure on the mossos. It's not hard to imagine what's happening there. I pray for that people.

Like in Venezuela, which seems to be in the opposite side of political spectrum from a naïf left-right perspective, military and police forces are used by dictators against common people to keep their illegitimate power, instead of using them to defend people against criminals and foreign attacks. I think a true representative of God in this earth like the Pope, if something like that actually exists, should be on the side of opressed people without a single doubt.

Back
Top Bottom