My Halloween Costume

B

Brittany

pic222424.jpg

Oh Brittany, that's so cute! Tell Devs I think your costume is adorable! Kit still needs to be dressed up, but she keeps kicking her socks off!

> Oh Brittany, that's so cute! Tell Devs I think your costume is adorable!
> Kit still needs to be dressed up, but she keeps kicking her socks off!

lay off the muffins dear, you can't see your toes, i'm not often wrong

Oh Lord, I think I'm in love!!!!!!!!
You'll have to lose the scarf though.

My Cat's Halloween Costume

Whenever Spinoza stops eating the tinsel ("No! Bad Cat!!!") he is going as a Christmas tree! Seriously, I must have been pretty drunk when this picture was made...

pic222540.jpg

Re: My Cat's Halloween Costume

> Whenever Spinoza stops eating the tinsel ("No! Bad Cat!!!") he
> is going as a Christmas tree! Seriously, I must have been pretty drunk
> when this picture was made...
Codreanu, lol Spinoza looks like he is throwing a moody! very cute! I love Persians! Your cat is really beautiful! I bet you really hop to it when he wants something to eat!

> Codreanu, lol Spinoza looks like he is throwing a moody! very cute! I
> love Persians! Your cat is really beautiful! I bet you really hop to it
> when he wants something to eat!

Throwing a moody???!!! Interestingly enough, whereas most cats express with their whiskers, pupils, inclination of ears etc; persians seem to exude emotion globally...or at least it seems that way, their (flattened) faces being more anthromoporphic.
Of course, I heed his every whim --he is royalty! Unfortunately, he recently developed diabetes, and must, perforce, eat rather insipid (or so I imagine) food. I can no longer even bring his favorite foods (Hostess "Snoballs," potato chips (any) and ice-cream) in the house! He smells them and pleads...oh how he pleads!!!

pic222550.jpg

> Throwing a moody???!!! Interestingly enough, whereas most cats express
> with their whiskers, pupils, inclination of ears etc; persians seem to
> exude emotion globally...or at least it seems that way, their (flattened)
> faces being more anthromoporphic.
> Of course, I heed his every whim --he is royalty! Unfortunately, he
> recently developed diabetes, and must, perforce, eat rather insipid (or so
> I imagine) food. I can no longer even bring his favorite foods (Hostess
> "Snoballs," potato chips (any) and ice-cream) in the house! He
> smells them and pleads...oh how he pleads!!!
Oh, I stole that expression (Throwing a moody) from the Queen song, "Delilah"(Freddie Mercury sings about his favorite cat, very cute song. "I cannot resist you even when you're throwing a moody, or pissing all over the Chippendale furniture) This what I think is cool. Freddie supposedly left ALL of his fortune to his cats! Now, that's something to admire! My Kit is a 8 yr old Maine Coon Cat, fluffy grey and white fur, pink paw pads, pink nose and deep green eyes. Has Spinoza ever given you the dreaded, "silent meow"- where they look at you when you have to rush out the door, and they just barely open their mouths, and look at you in the most pleading of ways? Ohh it's torture when Kit does that to me. Yes, Kit is Princess Caraboo ( one of the other names for her) she is royalty as well! She MUST have Star Kist Tuna in water, Fancy Feast is not good enough for her oh no. And my vet told me that tuna is not good for cats. I ALWAYS buy her cat treats, and she always wants to eat whatever I am eating. Oh, those pleading looks, they ARE painful, aren't they? I am so sorry Spinoza has diabetes...:( I've had a cherished male Siamese from 1974-1989 and he finally died from a kidney infection. LOL Spinoza even likes ice cream? And Snoballs- would he eat the coconut stuff or just the cake part? My Kit loves bread, it must be French bread, angel food cake, tomato soup, it's crazy! But, they are our darlings, and I truly believe cats are far more superior to mere humans! Most of them, anyway! I hope Spinoza feels better...there is no cure? Please give His Royalty a polite hug from me. Cheers

> Oh, I stole that expression (Throwing a moody) from the Queen song,
> "Delilah"(Freddie Mercury sings about his favorite cat, very
> cute song. "I cannot resist you even when you're throwing a moody, or
> pissing all over the Chippendale furniture) This what I think is cool.
> Freddie supposedly left ALL of his fortune to his cats! Now, that's
> something to admire!

Hmmm...It would appear as though Mr. Mercury may have had a persian, given their, well deserved, notoriety for shunning the usage of their "litter box."
I have had Spinoza for twelve (he was three when I recieved him) years, and he STILL thinks that the bathtub is an acceptable toilet facility! --needless to say, I am hypervigilant as to his whereabouts in the rare advent of guests.

> My Kit is a 8 yr old Maine Coon Cat, fluffy grey
> and white fur, pink paw pads, pink nose and deep green eyes. Has Spinoza
> ever given you the dreaded, "silent meow"- where they look at
> you when you have to rush out the door, and they just barely open their
> mouths, and look at you in the most pleading of ways? Ohh it's torture
> when Kit does that to me.

Ah, the dreaded "silent meow!" I find it interesting to observe that they intuitively know to pull this one only in extremis -- it's acute plaintiveness requires the whetting of infrequency. I wish that my ginger would utilize this more often; she vocalizes like an oriental! It has become so bad that if ever I am on the telephone she will spring upon the table and *scream* in the direction of the reciever, leading my interlocutor to invariably remark upon "feeding the baby!" It is indeed errie how much her timbre resembles that of an infant -a damn colicky infant to boot!

> Yes, Kit is Princess Caraboo ( one of the other
> names for her) she is royalty as well! She MUST have Star Kist Tuna in
> water, Fancy Feast is not good enough for her oh no. And my vet told me
> that tuna is not good for cats.

You may safely ignore your vet in this matter -I suspect an overconcern with mercury levels...

> I ALWAYS buy her cat treats, and she
> always wants to eat whatever I am eating. Oh, those pleading looks, they
> ARE painful, aren't they? I am so sorry Spinoza has diabetes...:( I've had
> a cherished male Siamese from 1974-1989 and he finally died from a kidney
> infection. LOL Spinoza even likes ice cream? And Snoballs- would he eat
> the coconut stuff or just the cake part? My Kit loves bread, it must be
> French bread, angel food cake, tomato soup, it's crazy! But, they are our
> darlings, and I truly believe cats are far more superior to mere humans!
> Most of them, anyway! I hope Spinoza feels better...there is no cure?
> Please give His Royalty a polite hug from me. Cheers

Oddly enough, it is the marshmallow/coconut stuff that is his choice fare --he will disregard marshmallow-cream or coconut shavings, yet be sent into positive ravishment over their confectionary synergism.
Kit eats tomato soup? Great! My cats hike their nose at it, which is too bad, as I have it at least four nights at week!

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your siamese. This is something I have yet to face, recognizing that in a (too) short span of time this will be something I must confront. Recently, Spinoza was gravely ill with what I thought was organ failure from a diabetic complication. I stoically (Ha! yah right) took him to the veterinary, expecting the worst. As it turned out, it was (only!) a large abscess under his ruff that rendered him so feveredly lethargic. This was actually my second *rehearsal.* The first concerned the accidental coma that I sent him into with an overdosage of insulin...but we wont talk about this one, will we?!

P.S. A few days ago I discovered a frightened, emaciated, young cat (possibly an elder kitten) in the basement -apparently entered from under the house. As he/she retreats into a convoluted apperture in the wall, near an ancient furnace, when it hears me at the door, I am, as yet, unable to examine it for illness or injury. Oh well, at least now it has a nice palette and food + water. Albeit, I am not keen on having ANOTHER cat, I am glad, for its sake, that it chose MY basement to take refuge in.

Please give Kit a good 'ole scratch aft the ear for me...and, if you like, go ahead and give yourself one as well!

SMARTIES tubes pushed over cats' legs make for a futuristic 'space cat'. For a really space age look, cover the tubes in tin foil as well as your pet's tail. This also works with small dogs and the middles out of kitchen rolls.

> Hmmm...It would appear as though Mr. Mercury may have had a persian, given
> their, well deserved, notoriety for shunning the usage of their
> "litter box."
> I have had Spinoza for twelve (he was three when I recieved him) years,
> and he STILL thinks that the bathtub is an acceptable toilet facility!
> --needless to say, I am hypervigilant as to his whereabouts in the rare
> advent of guests.

> Ah, the dreaded "silent meow!" I find it interesting to observe
> that they intuitively know to pull this one only in extremis -- it's acute
> plaintiveness requires the whetting of infrequency. I wish that my ginger
> would utilize this more often; she vocalizes like an oriental! It has
> become so bad that if ever I am on the telephone she will spring upon the
> table and *scream* in the direction of the reciever, leading my
> interlocutor to invariably remark upon "feeding the baby!" It is
> indeed errie how much her timbre resembles that of an infant -a damn
> colicky infant to boot!

> You may safely ignore your vet in this matter -I suspect an overconcern
> with mercury levels...

> Oddly enough, it is the marshmallow/coconut stuff that is his choice fare
> --he will disregard marshmallow-cream or coconut shavings, yet be sent
> into positive ravishment over their confectionary synergism.
> Kit eats tomato soup? Great! My cats hike their nose at it, which is too
> bad, as I have it at least four nights at week!

> I am sorry to hear of the loss of your siamese. This is something I have
> yet to face, recognizing that in a (too) short span of time this will be
> something I must confront. Recently, Spinoza was gravely ill with what I
> thought was organ failure from a diabetic complication. I stoically (Ha!
> yah right) took him to the veterinary, expecting the worst. As it turned
> out, it was (only!) a large abscess under his ruff that rendered him so
> feveredly lethargic. This was actually my second *rehearsal.* The first
> concerned the accidental coma that I sent him into with an overdosage of
> insulin...but we wont talk about this one, will we?!

> P.S. A few days ago I discovered a frightened, emaciated, young cat
> (possibly an elder kitten) in the basement -apparently entered from under
> the house. As he/she retreats into a convoluted apperture in the wall,
> near an ancient furnace, when it hears me at the door, I am, as yet,
> unable to examine it for illness or injury. Oh well, at least now it has a
> nice palette and food + water. Albeit, I am not keen on having ANOTHER
> cat, I am glad, for its sake, that it chose MY basement to take refuge in.

> Please give Kit a good 'ole scratch aft the ear for me...and, if you like,
> go ahead and give yourself one as well!
I loved your post- great stuff! Cats are so intuitive. Kit knows when I am depressed, happy, etc. As I look at the kitchen table, Kit is sulking because she's ready to go to bed and I'm not! Also, she does this clever thing when she uses her sandbox. If I don't clean it out ASAP, she will drag anything, a towel, a bathmat- anything, over the mess. Then she will stroll in and look at me as if to say, "Servant! Clean it up NOW!!". Oh god, yes, she loves tomato soup, and will drink a small amount in a little bowl. But she shuns Fancy Feast. It MUST be tuna. I learned today that she also likes cheese and oreos. ( although not together ) . Haha Spinoza! To get MY attention, Kit HATES it when I am on the PC and now she has incorporated this annoying habit of jumping up and covering the monitor. LOL Spinoza uses the bathtub for his ..functions? LOL classic. Kit runs away at the sight of a vacuum cleaner, or any other noisy appliance. Well, I think you're lucky in finding another little cat - I can never say NO to a cat. If I had more room and no landlord, I would get a lot of kittens. Well, I do hope Spinoza is feeling better, since he has such a good owner! Give your Spinoza a nice scratching under the chin! Thanks,Colleen

Back
Top Bottom