My girlfriend and I just got free copies of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris!

modrevolve

Standard Model
(kewpie feel free to move this wherever)

Went down to an indie record store in Newark, Delaware hoping to score an advanced cd/dvd copy of YOR (got the vinyl in philly on saturday). Noticed a big picture of the album cover in the window (nice!). Said they wouldn't be selling them till Tuesday but the guy behind the counter handed my g/f and I over the new 7 inch free of charge. They were promos of the new single on the Polydor label; (stamped made in Germany) that were supplied by Lost Highway to promote YOR. I already ordered one from recordstore.co.uk but I figured I'd snag a second one.

So you may wanna check out your local record shops to see if they have the single as a giveaway cause if they have them in Delaware, there are good odds you can find them in most major cities.

got the yor lp today on south st. was looking for the paris single...no luck though.

Yup..I asked for the new record and they were out..The dude was like "you want a free promo" and I was like sweet..And my girl was like, can I have one too and he said sure..simple as that

Thanks! I'll be stopping at one of these tomorrow. Are they really just giving them away free? I don't have to purchase the album?

Damn.

It's not really possible for me to get to any of these places any time soon...maybe I'll call one of them and ask if they could maybe send one out and I'll pay for shipping. Or they can reserve it for me at some later date.

Yeah! Rochester, NY! Lakeshore & Record Archive! -- I'll hit 'em both up and see what I can get.

Sweet. Didn't think I could get it in the US!

-ALEC

aka music here in philly is on that list and they told me they did not have it...maybe they got rid of them all. they did however have yor on vinyl used. heh

I would check back with them tomorrow..AKA were on the list when James was offerering free promo copies of the "waterfall single" when Hey Ma came out in the states and sure enough they had them..I got the vinyl YOR at Repo on Saturday.

aka music here in philly is on that list and they told me they did not have it...maybe they got rid of them all. they did however have yor on vinyl used. heh

Yup..I asked for the new record and they were out..The dude was like "you want a free promo" and I was like sweet..And my girl was like, can I have one too and he said sure..simple as that

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Were you tempted for the poster in the window as well? :D

I just called Looney Tunes and the guy told me that you must order the album on Tuesday in order to get the free promo CD. How did you gets yours free?

well, my brother actually picked it up for me cus he happened to be going there.
but what usually happens is all the promo stuff is behind the counter and you just ask for it and the cashier will give it to you, regardless of whether or not you bought the related item.
(also, it's a 7", not a CD).

I would check back with them tomorrow..AKA were on the list when James was offerering free promo copies of the "waterfall single" when Hey Ma came out in the states and sure enough they had them..I got the vinyl YOR at Repo on Saturday.
i was pretty excited to see the album in there on sunday. i'm gonna go by aka tomorrow and hopefully get the single.

Just got mine for free with the purchase of YOR at "Guest Room" in OKC!!!!! unfortunately I already pre-ordered YOR and the 3 Pack Paris Bundle from Recordstore.co.uk :thumb:

Both of the stores I've contacted have said it's only for people who have bought the album there.

Back
Top Bottom