My Favourite Album Of 2005-Editors: The Back Room

Surely radio two is the only sane choice!

Where have you seen Editors?
I've seen them at Barfly twice & then at Truck Festival in July, have to say i preferred them at Barfly, though neither places are exactly huge! I was completely wrecked at Truck so that could explain why i didn't enjoy their set as much that time...ahh the wonders of snakebite.

I forgot about them supporting Franz, shame on me, i've seen them four times.

> I forgot about them supporting Franz, shame on me, i've seen them four
> times.

Yes thats where i saw them and in Barfly (but not the most recent one)

Sweet FA on the gigs front coming up isn't there! Apart from Take That obviously !?!! Oh and the Rolling Stones which I bought my mother for her Xmas present... 2 tickets= £200. Like they need the money.
Still IT meant my achy breaky shaky hands didn't have to wrap any presents!

Well I'm not going out till February as I'm trying to give up the fags. The pub is too tempting.

There are some good gigs coming up, not many mind, but some!
The Pipettes (barfly), Good Shoes (supporting the noisettes, who are also pretty damn good, that's in the welsh club), just got myself tickets to iForward, Russia! (the support act iLiKETRAiNS are also bloody good) & then there's Test-icicles & Graham Coxon, which have both sold out, bastards.

I've given up the ciggies as well, which means i have to stop drinking for a while, it's always that post-alcohol fag spree which gets me, good luck!

Did you manage to get tickets to the NME awards tour?
Also the other smiths & morrissey night should be alright, as long as they play the realy songs after the shoddy cover act finish!!

> There are some good gigs coming up, not many mind, but some!
> The Pipettes (barfly), Good Shoes (supporting the noisettes, who are also
> pretty damn good, that's in the welsh club), just got myself tickets to
> iForward, Russia! (the support act iLiKETRAiNS are also bloody good) &
> then there's Test-icicles & Graham Coxon, which have both sold out,
> bastards.

> I've given up the ciggies as well, which means i have to stop drinking for
> a while, it's always that post-alcohol fag spree which gets me, good luck!

> Did you manage to get tickets to the NME awards tour?
> Also the other smiths & morrissey night should be alright, as long as
> they play the realy songs after the shoddy cover act finish!!

When are the Pipettes? I like them. The Go Team are playing down the Coal Exchange I think and someone is playing in the Point but can't remember who.. (but I'll find out now)

No no luck with the NME thing. I was off ill and missed the announcement. And Graham Coxon sold out and all?
Right I'm going to go on the Clwb Ifor and Barfly website now.
Thanks for the info.

The Smiths & Morrissey night will be a complete laugh. As its my birthday and all. (well the weekend after my birthday which is on the Tuesday... St Valentines Day! Eeeek) ahh 14 again

Is it the automatic? I can't remember when they're playing, i know they're doing the NYE gig in Barfly though, i sort of wish i was going, but i can't stand the hype of New Year's Eve so will be sitting at home until it all goes away & dies a horrible death.

The Pipettes' gig is January 14th, month before your birthday! The Suffrajets are playing barfly on your birthday, band with possibly the worst name in the world, Gemma, the ex-drummer from Babyshambles is with them now though, so you could always go & see that for Novelty's sake! No doubt you'll be drunk & throwing up on yourself by then anyway

The Smiths night should be good, & it's an 18+ show which is always handy, i hate those bloody bands they give you just so you can get served at the bar!
Oooh it's snowing!

> Is it the automatic? I can't remember when they're playing, i know they're
> doing the NYE gig in Barfly though, i sort of wish i was going, but i
> can't stand the hype of New Year's Eve so will be sitting at home until it
> all goes away & dies a horrible death.

> The Pipettes' gig is January 14th, month before your birthday! The
> Suffrajets are playing barfly on your birthday, band with possibly the
> worst name in the world, Gemma, the ex-drummer from Babyshambles is with
> them now though, so you could always go & see that for Novelty's sake!
> No doubt you'll be drunk & throwing up on yourself by then anyway

> The Smiths night should be good, & it's an 18+ show which is always
> handy, i hate those bloody bands they give you just so you can get served
> at the bar!
> Oooh it's snowing!

I know. ooh. Don't think its settling though.

I'd go and see the Modern cos they look like they're into Roxy Music but its the night after the Smiths thing.

Don't laugh I'm going to a health farm for New Year. With my mother. AAaaaaarghhh. What was I thinking? (I'm not gay by the way, well only on Sundays)
Went to Cornwall last year... its good to get away! But I had a girlfriend and mates then.
(But a health farm... word on the street is Peter Stringfellow may very well be there too......)

Shes the one who had to leave Babyshambles isn't it cos she couldn't handle it? Lightweight! Or maybe not.

Kate Bush on Radio 2 now. "Man With The Child In His Eyes"

Bloke who sits next to me said thank god they started playing something decent re: bLOBBY rOBBIE. This is immediately after they had played T-Rex Telegram Sam
and Johnny cash Ring Of Fire.

NO TASTE

Good god, i hate robbie williams (though i'm going to see Take That twice haha, Robbie's a pillock though). You should really quit your job, it's bound to steal your soul if you have to work with people like that.

Cardiff's a bit pants when you have no other half, & for some reason you always end up bumping in to one of your exes. Luckily a lot of my ex-boyfriends seem to be musically retarded, thank god, so i can go to all of the gigs i want without fear of awkwardness. Otherwise i'd have to move i think.

A health farm sounds like a good idea, & you can hide away until the horrible time of year's all over! Just make sure it's not a church of scientology disguised as a health farm, you hear about these things on the news, & i can't imagine anything worse than acting like Tom Cruise.

Got your hands on the leaked Arctic Monkeys album yet?

> Good god, i hate robbie williams (though i'm going to see Take That twice
> haha, Robbie's a pillock though). You should really quit your job, it's
> bound to steal your soul if you have to work with people like that.

> Cardiff's a bit pants when you have no other half, & for some reason
> you always end up bumping in to one of your exes. Luckily a lot of my
> ex-boyfriends seem to be musically retarded, thank god, so i can go to all
> of the gigs i want without fear of awkwardness. Otherwise i'd have to move
> i think.

> A health farm sounds like a good idea, & you can hide away until the
> horrible time of year's all over! Just make sure it's not a church of
> scientology disguised as a health farm, you hear about these things on the
> news, & i can't imagine anything worse than acting like Tom Cruise.

> Got your hands on the leaked Arctic Monkeys album yet?

My Robert Johnson moment was years ago. My New Year thing is to get a new job, preferably abroad teaching English! Although I haven't a degree. Looks like anyone can do it. YOu havne't met mad Lisa Simpson, she went off on the sick for 3 months and came back with new breasts. (That is her name by the bye)

Bumping into exes? Hmm the last one is in Vietnam so that ain't going to happen in a while! Her visa ran out. HA HA. Only joking, shes working for the UN over there. However invariably when we stepped out together, in a "gang", I bumped into exes. Chance would be a fine thing now!

It seemed a good idea at the time, the health farm, but as the day approaches... oh well I'm having a peat bath! Should be a laugh.

Arctic Monkeys? Who are they then :)
No I haven’t. Where can I get a copy? I like what I’ve heard by them, especially Fake Tales Of San Francisco. “You’re not from New York, you’re from Rotherham!”

That's the chemicals they put in chicken! They'll give you double D's overnight. In anne robinson's case it also stretched her face out a bit, the world's gone crazy. Is her name actually Lisa Simpson?! Or is it just a name you made up? I have a bad habit of making up nicknames for people ('cause my memory's shit & i forget everyone's names) & then telling them when i'm drunk, ughh i just shouldn't drink.

Teaching abroad sounds like a good idea, & i don't think you need a degree. My friend went to teach in Africa before she came to Univeristy, she couldn't speak the same language as the children but got on really well. Where would you want to go? You should get some practice in Whitchurch, most of the kids there don't seem to be able to speak English properly "OH BRE GISSA FAG!!". I want to go & work on an organic farm for a little while next year, probably in Italy, you don't get paid but they put you up & you get the meals for free, don't think i could commit to a job full-time abroad though, i'd miss Britain too much! They have organic farms in the Gower as well, might bugger off there for a bit.

Uploading the album for you now

Re: bored with this and already downloaded your songs so have you got more?

> yes.

Kill yourself rat.

I'm writing this to say, in a gentle way....

> all the best to you too.
> keep the faith and don't let the cowards drive out again.
> VIVA MOZ.

The irony is that I'd have been long gone by now, were it not for the dregs of the site rising up to try and intimidate me recently.
As if!
The fact is, I have refused to allow a few pitiful imbeciles, who have the combined brain force of a small onion, to think that they had 'driven me out'.
'pie' is a filthy rat who appears to be trying to make a name for himself in the only way he knows how, by being a busy troll on a tawdry website (yes, he really is that desperate)
I've seen and heard it all before, the likes of him are ten a penny.
Both 'dazzak' and the rat, have turned a perfectly civilised parting gesture on my part, posting the Editors CD, into a tiresome bitchfest, which goes to show what a depraved pair of maggots they are.
A stupid child who hasn't yet learned how to conduct himself properly, and a ridiculous man in his forties who gets off on launching unnecessary, and unprovoked, attacks on strangers on the internet.
Of course I'll still look in from time to time, and may make the odd post if the mood takes me, but by and large I'm pretty much done with this place.
Unfortunately, the handful of people I find likeable here are far outnumbered by the mind-numbingly tedious, and the desperate attention-seeking cretins, so I think I'll spend my time more productively and leave this cesspit to the terminally dull, present company excepted of course.
Take care.

> Ah bugger, just take out one of the 'http's, doh.

You're a legend! Thanks very much. If I see you at a gig, I'll buy you a pint/ gin n tonic !?!?!

I'll be sporting my blue Salford Lads Club t-shirt at the Smiths tribute thing and I'll be with a few maturer people (well my mum... joke) dancing in an embarrassing Dad's way (well a few of them are actually fathers!) We'll be in the tactical position near the bar and the rear! Can't be dealing with that getting up on the stage malarkey! Did that in St Davids Hall 95... my mates got the video!

Re: I'm writing this to say, in a gentle way....

Well being honest I find myself perfectly likeable here, nowhere else, but here I'm a hero of my own making.

I find you likeable too FYS and those that go between insults and tedium are shall we say...worth less than a dead aunts flymo mower.

Back
Top Bottom