My Favorite Murder podcast profiles woman abducted hours after attending 1991 Morrissey concert

My Favorite Murder--a "true crime comedy podcast hosted by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark"--recently (April 18th) published a new episode--half of which centered around the abduction and murder of Denise Huber. Denise had been traveling home after attending the June 2nd, 1991 Morrissey concert in Inglewood, California. There's no specific connection to Morrissey and her abduction/murder--just that the Morrissey concert had been why she was out so late.

EPISODE 169: THIS OLD SANDWICH
The Power Rangers Murders
Karen

The Murder of Denise Huber
Georgia

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the podcast (and I don't like many) because of the comedic chemistry between the two co-hosts. And--unlike other true-crime podcasts I've heard--they don't joke around during (or about) the actual serious stories. Karen Kilgariff is a Californian Gen-Xer--such that would have been rabid for Morrissey in his heyday. Georgia is more of a Millennial. Cheers!

As a high profile crime investigator I can reveal that it was Jack the ripper.

I remember this case very well because I attended this show and there was a small write up about it in Sing Your Life or one of the other zines. Her car was found abandoned in the side of the freeway in Orange County IIRC? Eventually they found her body in some guy’s freezer truck somewhere or something (haven’t listened to this podcast)?

"My favorite murder"!

These are incredibly sick times and all the serial killer movies and tv series have made people forget what kind of cruelty is behind these things yet most are too scared to watch the photo evidence.

Murder as a cosy pastime for the middle and upper class to spend an evening in front of the fire. The working class people are the ones getting murdered.

"Denise was stranded on the side of the road on night due to a flat tire after being at a bar. She was approached by a man and he kidnapped her, dragged her, and took her down to his mother's home's basement and tortured Denise. He raped, beat, and punctured her skull with a nail gun. He then proceeded to murder her, dismember her body, and put all of her limbs in a garbage bag(s). The man bought a freezer and put Denise's body inside. She stayed there for three years, until 1994. She was found by the murderer foolishly stealing a truck, putting the freezer inside, and plugging it up to his mother's home (for 3 years). The truck was reported and everything was solved from there."

The christian undertone in horror movies and stories about murder is always things like how good looking the woman was and how she wore heels and sexy dresses. That is why girls in horror movies run around with big tits under wet t-shirts cause God will punish those things.

The women are reduced to what they looked like.

I think Robbie was at that show.....................:lbf::lbf:

I think Robbie was at that show.....................:lbf::lbf:
Haha come on Bhops we cannot go down that path again!

Sorry about the NZ jerk whose goal it is to make it look like I posted that. The swede is mad but not that mad.

I;
Haha come on Bhops we cannot go down that path again!

Sorry about the NZ jerk whose goal it is to make it look like I posted that. The swede is mad but not that mad.
I'm always happy to go down that path with Robby, LOL. I dunno why he denies his creeper past but he does.

Tags
podcasts murder

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom