My Favorite Morrissey Line...

Well my favourite line right now that keeps playing in my head is not even a real song by Morrissey it's the cover." No one can hold a Candle to you" and it the line " These are nervous times"

And I also have a Smiths one stuck in my head that I love( Shakespeare's Sister)

" I thought that if you had acoustic guitar, then it meant that you were, a protest singer" I always found that catchy and funny.

Well my favourite line right now that keeps playing in my head is not even a real song by Morrissey it's the cover." No one can hold a Candle to you" and it the line " These are nervous times"

And I also have a Smiths one stuck in my head that I love( Shakespeare's Sister)

" I thought that if you had acoustic guitar, then it meant that you were, a protest singer" I always found that catchy and funny.

Oh yeah and another line I love is from Dail a cliche.

" when you find that you've organized
your feelings, for people
who didn't like you then
and certainly don't like you now"

At this point:
SOCIETY OWES ME A LIVING
Passing of time and its sickening crimes is making me sad again
My love is as sharp....
OMG...i could go on forever . Speaking of which...
It may all end tomorrow or it could go on forever is my favourite too
the whole Jack the ripper is genius

"There are some bad, bad people on the RIGHT."

"Don't talk to me now, about people who are NICE - because I've spent my whole life in ruins, because of people who are NICE".

All the alcoholic afternoons when we sat in your room, they meant more to me than any, than any living thing on Earth.

Err at the moment "Sad veiled bride please be happy, handsome groom give her room" Or Chritian Dior you wasted your life, it's funny

This lines is so true about certain people, especially Elliott Smith wannabes.

My persional favourite is from Alsatian Cosuin. "Leather elbows/on a tweed coat/Ooh is that the ebst you acn do?"

loud loutish lover treat her kindly...even though

SHE NEEDS YOU MORE THAN SHE LOVES YOU

My absolute favorite is the perfect:
"Punctured bicycle, on a hillside desolate
Will nature make a man of me yet?"
*sighs from the beauty*

I just love his way with words - I remember when I first heard Robbie Williams's "I don't want to die, but I ain't keen on living either", I thought to myself: Please, Morrissey's said it already and much, much better. :)

My absolute favorite is the perfect:
"Punctured bicycle, on a hillside desolate
Will nature make a man of me yet?"
*sighs from the beauty*

I just love his way with words - I remember when I first heard Robbie Williams's "I don't want to die, but I ain't keen on living either", I thought to myself: Please, Morrissey's said it already and much, much better. :)

Robbie is lovely, however ;)

god, how i love the smiths' debut album...

*i seriously loathe robbie williams

I do, too! It's got to be my second favourite album, after Meat Is Murder.

Oh, but no! Robbie is adorable. He has a lot in common with Morrissey. Apart from the fact that Morrissey is a good singer and lyricist. :)

I also liked when he said

" Any fool can think of words that rhyme, many others do"
I thought it was funny, and true.

mainly a line really stands out to me by how he say's it, then I like what he says.

i like to think that there are a few more things that set them apart.

:confused: ;)

Ohhhh don't be so miserable. Robbie's all right. It was funny when they were both on some chat show and I think Robbie was quite looking forward to meeting Morrissey, and apparently all Morrissey said was "you are very orange" :rolleyes:

Electric said:
I'm not happy and I'm not sad

"I'm not sorry and I'm not glad" - Jo, A Taste Of Honey. Have you read it? Pretty amazing how much stuff he errr...well.. "talent borrows, genius steals" :D

At the moment, I love 'I see the world, it makes me puke, but then I look at you, and know that somewhere, there's a someone who can soothe me.' even though 'To Me You Are A Work Of Art' isn't my favourite Morrissey song. My Smiths one is 'Let me get my hands on your mammary glands'. Never fails to make me smile!

I like at the end of " Glamorus Glue" when you can vaugly hear him saying..

" I'll go, empty hand, from the land" I like that part, and the whole bit about London is dead

Back
Top Bottom