My dog was bit by a spider. Ideas?

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
So earlier today I felt a painful bump on my jaw and decided to pick at it only to feel that chills-over-the-whole-body feeling that accompanies being bit by a spider. I sleep on the floor basically so I'm low to the ground, it happens, no big deal.

So a few minutes ago I wake up and check on my dog who all afternoon has been kinda sluggish, hasn't eaten much only noticed because he hasn't really pooped today. I petted him and he looked up at me so I scratched his cheeks like I aways do and he winced. He has rather large jowels and the left side of his cheek feels swollen like there's a walnut under his skin. I lifted his lip and sure enough, a bite. THe spider bit him inside his mouth. The problem is any baking powder concoction remedy I put on it he will simply lick off since the spider bit him inside his mouth.

:confused:

Poor Barney. Any ideas? It's midnight here.

I just took him for a walk and he's still trying to chase cats and pulling like a maniac on the leash so he's doing better than I feared. Sorry for the false alarm. Sometimes your mind gets to thinking out of control, like what if the spider bite being so close to his brain makes it so he forgets to breathe or something? :p I think it;s just one of those things where you sit and wait for the swelling to go down. Based on my bite, super OUCH though. THat was one productive spider last night. Jerk. :D

Dude, seriously. Get rid of the spiders. Get you some frogs or some praying mantises or something. Anything but the spiders - you don't want to end up like that spider boob lady

get a cat to swallow the spider(it may wriggle and tiggle for a while but thats quite normal), carefull the dog doesnt swallow the cat though as you may then have to get a cow involved

Thank you for your help Zelda Zonk. :sweet:

Not to sound crazy, but have you considered taking your dog to the vet?

I considered way back on June 29th when it happened. Actually, I considered it on June 30th, the next morning. I didn't notice until midnight and he was back to normal the next morning. So yes, I considered taking him to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom