'My Dearest Love' Discussion...

It sound allright...But I think I will reserve my judgment after hearing a version that doesn't sound as if it were recorded in 1908...

It sound allright...But I think I will reserve my judgment after hearing a version that doesn't sound as if it were recorded in 1908...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Again as with "Childern in pieces" i expected it to be a slower song. I and a few other people have spoke have said that it reminds them of Sweetie pie. i have no i dea why it does:confused:

Again as with "Childern in pieces" i expected it to be a slower song. I and a few other people have spoke have said that it reminds them of Sweetie pie. i have no i dea why it does:confused:

No one said Children in Pieces sounded like Sweetie Pie.
Most of us already heard the demo version long before the finished version.

Some of you totally misread Chartres' post on other thread who was joking about My Dearest Love might be sound like Sweetie Pie because of romantic connotations.

I think that's what you're referring to.

It's one of the best song I've heard in a long while. Reminds me of Viva Hate era stuff. Wow.

I CANNOT wait for my shipment to come. :tears:

Well I've got to say that Alain is going strong, I'm now assured he will do/did a terrific job with the new album.

I probably should not mention My Dearest Love & Sweetie-Pie in the same post again but lyrically they're siblings.

Upon first listen, again, it's the same old theme as of late - forced vocal melody that doesn't flow well upon the music melody. The lyrics are short, cliche and move nothing inside of me....
It's been a while since a new Moz song actually moved me to listening to it all the time.
Last ones were Quarry B-sides. I mean musically and vocal melody wise - Ganglord was amazing - but lyrically it was very un-relatable to me.
It's almost as if Morrissey is in a melody rut not an asian.

i disagree. i think the vocal melody is good. its very break it on down. i dont think the lyrics are cliche at all i think its pretty important to acknowledge that one feels 'grotesque' and is 'lonely' whether he's talking about himself or others is not for me to know but i think its pretty great that hes singing it. cliche now a days is 'how many hos blow me in mah bentley' 'keep them hos flowing in cavalli'

you may not relate cos maybe your wife or lady friend or civil partner or life partner s like the hottest smartest lady/guy/bi ever and you love each other deeply and do plenty fun things together but overall this is a pretty good song. im not like thrilled with that totally predictable kind of guitar thing that j.t. does. but i mean even the production is pretty good. its not the kind of song that can go lo fi. and i think they did a a pretty good job.

Lost, The Edges Are No Longer Parallel, Never Played Symphonies, Friday Mourning, Teenage Dad, This Is Not Your Country, My Life Is An Endless..., etc those are the B-sides that are moving, flowing, beautiful, melodic in every way, relatable.
My only point is that is that - to me - I haven't heard any songs since Quarry that have had that type of effect. Have you?

OK, this song is AMAZING!! :eek::guitar:

My favorite of the 3!! wow... I really want my singles!!! :mad:

that was mildly perfect.

I will agree with these statements.

Single package did not show up in US mailboxes today; it was a bit early to expect them but you never know. Probably Thursday.

I like the vibrato and the melody- it seems he's taken a bit of influence from Middle Eastern music. Does anyone else hear this?

Not much to add, apart from I f***ing love this song.

To me - and I'm sure many will disagree - it's sort of like Ganglord musicly mixed with Sweetie Pie vocally, which gets two thumbs up from me.

fuc*** amazing song..:eek:
i love it and can't stop listening to..
it's a catchy tune..they lyrics great--moz's voice perfect..
well done!!
so, why children in pieces..MDL..miles better then that..just my opnion;)

i agree with the ganglord reference , certainly in the bassline ! You can tell its an alain song cos there is a bit more depth to it - nice piano and is there also a clarinet in there near the start or is it a keyboard ? I like it ! just watchin "this is england" on film 4 and the cover of "please please please" has just come on .. how spooky !

yea man alain is a better writer.
im not into the 1996 viper room riff that j.t. uses. im not into at all. nice guy tho.

i have to say i really like the vocal. to me its like the best of those marvelous talkie tracks on maladjusted only hes singing it. im down with it. its moody and weird. word up!

Back
Top Bottom