My copy of the Koran arrived today!

Under the definition of media they qualify as they are at least "books", it seems to me anyway. I'm sure that they wouldn't be stopped. Having them tear open the package can't be good when you're sending it so a buyer, though.

True but take for example a Batman collection I sold last year. I sold every issue from 1968 to then current. We were talking a LOT of books. The buyers prefer media instead of paying around $100 per each box (three boxes) to ship it. Paper weighs quite a bit.

The debate centers around the media rate advertising clause where there can be no advertising in any way.

I ship video games I no longer want as computer media. Supposedly those are "iffy" as well as they are played on consoles and are not technically computer software.

True but take for example a Batman collection I sold last year. I sold every issue from 1968 to then current. We were talking a LOT of books. The buyers prefer media instead of paying around $100 per each box (three boxes) to ship it. Paper weighs quite a bit.

The debate centers around the media rate advertising clause where there can be no advertising in any way.

I ship video games I no longer want as computer media. Supposedly those are "iffy" as well as they are played on consoles and are not technically computer software.

The spirit of the law is that there is a special rate for shipping "information" as opposed to freight. That's why I think anything that holds any "media" would qualify. Mass shipments of books are different in this way. When I think of those books I think of them as freight. They are still media though.

It's nice that they will ship books, cd's and software at a lower rate, since they are basically subsidizing it. I think it takes longer than first class though.

The spirit of the law is that there is a special rate for shipping "information" as opposed to freight. That's why I think anything that holds any "media" would qualify. Mass shipments of books are different in this way. When I think of those books I think of them as freight. They are still media though.

It's nice that they will ship books, cd's and software at a lower rate, since they are basically subsidizing it. I think it takes longer than first class though.

Depends on the location... When I post auctions I post a LOT of auctions. Two boxes once reached California at the same time. One box had comic books while another shipped some Star Wars figures. This may be attributed due to fact its cheaper to throw it all on one plane. The same seems to hold true for place very close to your area. I believe that locations that are that middle area are the places where there is a shipping time difference between media and standard and even priority.

Depends on the location... When I post auctions I post a LOT of auctions. Two boxes once reached California at the same time. One box had comic books while another shipped some Star Wars figures. This may be attributed due to fact its cheaper to throw it all on one plane. The same seems to hold true for place very close to your area. I believe that locations that are that middle area are the places where there is a shipping time difference between media and standard and even priority.

oh you're right that the mail can be really fast even for the discount rates.

I sold this table and had to ship it. I had told her before she bid that shipping would cost $300 at least and it cost $320. She didn't want to pay so she suggested shipping it by Greyhound. I guess they threw it around and the box got torn up so she wasn't happy, but what can you do? She'd been on ebay for years and had 0 feedback.

I should take a picture of it. I got it free from some Muslim organization, after Theo told me that this is where he gets his. Anyway, they tore the envelope apart and then put all the contents in a sealed ziplock baggie and that's how it arrived! No doubt I am on the watch list now. Right now I;m reading Holy Terror but when I finish that I will read the Koran and let you guys know my interpretation of it.

Seriously, I never had anything else ever come in a ziplock having been inspected.

What Muslim organization did you get yours from? CAIR sent me a very heavy, large, hard-cover Koran for free! I think they stopped this offer since I got mine, but maybe they're sending more out now? It included a bizarro letter on how to properly handle your Koran. I, of course, observed all their rules in this regard, to show proper respect to this holy book. Wouldn't wanna breath on it wrong, let alone allow my dog to poop on it (oh wait...).

But of course we know that Dave converted to Islam on 9/12/2001. I don't know what game he's playing in this thread, but he's a known troll, so...whatever.

Last edited:
But of course we know that Dave converted to Islam on 9/12/2001.

what was significant about 9th december?

no, we're americans and we're silly and like to mix things around to be difficult. september 12th!!!

i know, and i'm too tired to cope with it! 9th december.

i know, and i'm too tired to cope with it! 9th december.

America will have you all writing the dates our way sooner or later. Resistance is futile.

Well you offer no proof!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

so f*** you.

and you wonder why nobody took you seriously about the so called 'trolling' from dave.

But of course we know that Dave converted to Islam on 9/12/2001. I don't know what game he's playing in this thread, but he's a known troll, so...whatever.

he is trying to show you, the infidels, the way.

9th december.
http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/site/this_day_in_history/this_day_December_9.php

and you wonder why nobody took you seriously about the so called 'trolling' from dave.

dave knows what i am referring to. and if he had a sense of humor, he had a good laugh.

and if you don't know the history, you should stay out.

Last edited:
and if you don't know the history, you should stay out.

why? what we happen to me? You seem quite aggressive and threatening, is that why you don't get on with Dave.

see, the koran has already spread the love between you & Dave, your thread was merged with his.

Bloody hell guys......:eek:...whan I want to chill out I just get myself a copy of Heat.:D

Tags
give it up theo is a wanker wimpwimp
Back
Top Bottom