MusicRadar: "My Tele was on just about every track I did with The Smiths" – John Porter (April 29, 2022)

9TFvS6eccfduXpsYx326FE-650-80.jpg~2.jpg

"My Tele was on just about every track I did with The Smiths" – John Porter talks producing Johnny Marr on Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Brief article.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Related off-site article:

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 80935

"My Tele was on just about every track I did with The Smiths" – John Porter talks producing Johnny Marr on Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Nice article. I don’t believe Porter is saying that he played his Telecaster on The Smiths tracks, that it is Marr that used Porter’s Tele, which I think needs to be made clear. Or am I wrong?

Nice article. I don’t believe Porter is saying that he played his Telecaster on The Smiths tracks, that it is Marr that used Porter’s Tele, which I think needs to be made clear. Or am I wrong?
That's how I read it too. Seems that Johnny was open to minor musical suggestions from Porter too.

My initial take on that headline was that Porter had the TV on whilst producing. :ROFLMAO:
Unprofessional of Porter in my opinion. Should have been concentrating on the job, not with half an eye on the telly.

Interesting, but this appears to be ripped from a magazine article from 10 years ago. Also "John of Marr"? Is that someone trying to be funny or just a hilarious typo?

My initial take on that headline was that Porter had the TV on whilst producing. :ROFLMAO:
Me too. Reminded me of the Terry Mason story about how he ruined the Joy Division demo tapes.

Barney Sumner:

"Our schoolmate Terry Mason could never get anything right. We’d already sacked him as drummer and guitarist, so we tried him out as manager. He sent a load of tapes to record companies but we didn’t get a single response. Not even “f*** off”. We asked what he’d sent out, then listened to one of these tapes. Halfway through the first track it suddenly went into the theme from Coronation Street, and his mother going “Terry, your tea’s ready!” [laughter] He’d made all the copies using a microphone in front of another cassette machine, so had recorded everything that was going on in the house!"

Me too. Reminded me of the Terry Mason story about how he ruined the Joy Division demo tapes.

Barney Sumner:

"Our schoolmate Terry Mason could never get anything right. We’d already sacked him as drummer and guitarist, so we tried him out as manager. He sent a load of tapes to record companies but we didn’t get a single response. Not even “f*** off”. We asked what he’d sent out, then listened to one of these tapes. Halfway through the first track it suddenly went into the theme from Coronation Street, and his mother going “Terry, your tea’s ready!” [laughter] He’d made all the copies using a microphone in front of another cassette machine, so had recorded everything that was going on in the house!"

Yes hilarious I remember reading that. doh:

Interesting, but this appears to be ripped from a magazine article from 10 years ago. Also "John of Marr"? Is that someone trying to be funny or just a hilarious typo?
Neither - it's explaining a comment by John Porter about Marr. "I enjoyed his company" says John of Marr.

Rather pointless posting that here, most fans couldn't tell a tele from a strat and another opportunity for that pig to weigh in, f*** you by the way, you are a cancer on this site and still an admin, couldn't write it, thank you drop dead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom