Musicals

its weird, but when I was a younger man I use to secretly love musicals, only secretly :straightface:
I even teased my long time significant other about her love for them :rolleyes:
and was constantly going on about how she "dragged me to go see them" :crazy:
but then after she left and a few years had gone by, I allowed myself to really love many of them again :o
to such a point that parts of 30 from film and stage now inhabit my mp3 player :thumb:
I shall list them by the order of which has the most tracks currently on it to the least:
“Les Miz”
“Moulin Rouge!”
“Beauty & the Beast”
“Labyrinth”
“Miss Saigon”
“Jesus Christ Superstar”
“Across the Universe”
“Closer to Heaven”
“Mary Poppins”
“Camelot”
“Cabaret”
“The Producers”
“Magnolia”
“Sound of Music”
“Dick Tracy”
“Chicago”
“Wicked”
“Velvet Goldmine”
“Chess”
“Sweeney Todd”
“Phantom of the Opera”
“Mulan”
“Avenue Q”
“Nine”
“Pocahontas”
“Man of La Mancha”
“Assassins”
“Pennies from Heaven”
“Flower Drum Song”
“Hercules”

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I can still sing about 95% of Grease. All of you are obviously jealous.

I loves me some musicals. Fabulous scene from one of the all-time greats:

[video=youtube_share;bxoC5Oyf_ss#t] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxoC5Oyf_ss#t=1m34s[/video]

I love this film. First saw it as a kid. Was supposed to be rooting for the Jets... being that I fit that demographic... but I liked the Sharks better. Even had a crush on Bernardo--not Tony. Hmm.

Here is another great from the film...

- - - Updated - - -

its weird, but when I was a younger man I use to secretly love musicals, only secretly :straightface:
I even teased my long time significant other about her love for them :rolleyes:
and was constantly going on about how she "dragged me to go see them" :crazy:
but then after she left and a few years had gone by, I allowed myself to really love many of them again :o
to such a point that parts of 30 from film and stage now inhabit my mp3 player :thumb:
I shall list them by the order of which has the most tracks currently on it to the least:
“Les Miz”
“Moulin Rouge!”
“Beauty & the Beast”
“Labyrinth”
“Miss Saigon”
“Jesus Christ Superstar”
“Across the Universe”
“Closer to Heaven”
“Mary Poppins”
“Camelot”
“Cabaret”
“The Producers”
“Magnolia”
“Sound of Music”
“Dick Tracy”
“Chicago”
“Wicked”
“Velvet Goldmine”
“Chess”
“Sweeney Todd”
“Phantom of the Opera”
“Mulan”
“Avenue Q”
“Nine”
“Pocahontas”
“Man of La Mancha”
“Assassins”
“Pennies from Heaven”
“Flower Drum Song”
“Hercules”

Wow, that's a great list. I do believe you should have started this thread, Robby. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this film. First saw it as a kid. Was supposed to be rooting for the Jets... being that I fit that demographic... but I liked the Sharks better. Even had a crush on Bernardo--not Tony. Hmm.

Here is another great from the film...

Indeed, a great number. I prefer musicals with dancing, and The West Side Story obviously had it in spades.

You must’ve been plenty pissed when Bernardo got stuck by Ken-doll Tony. I didn’t root for either gang really, but the Jets did seem several shades dorkier.

Funny -- Natalie Wood didn’t float my boat either. I just couldn’t sink my teeth into her character. She left me unmoored, adrift. Rita Moreno’s character on the other hand, she drowned me with her verve. You just know she was pure filth in the sack.

An American in Paris -- Gene Kelly and the adorable Leslie Caron in two of the final sequence:

Indeed, a great number. I prefer musicals with dancing, and The West Side Story obviously had it in spades.

You must’ve been plenty pissed when Bernardo got stuck by Ken-doll Tony. I didn’t root for either gang really, but the Jets did seem several shades dorkier.

Funny -- Natalie Wood didn’t float my boat either. I just couldn’t sink my teeth into her character. She left me unmoored, adrift. Rita Moreno’s character on the other hand, she drowned me with her verve. You just know she was pure filth in the sack.

Rita was saucy!

Wow, that's a great list. I do believe you should have started this thread, Robby. :p
thanks & I probably did years ago :o
oh, and my mother* loved "West Side Story" so I, sort of, know it by heart :thumb:

*=one of the weird things that occured when I was living with my mother in between being here and in Georgia
was that when her and I did the housecleaning, she would put on some "musical" station on the Direct TV
and she was always surprised when I knew a bunch of the newer musicals and she did not, so yeah, I guess musicals have been in my blood from a very early age...

Agreed. My erect nipples will attest.

But I was so proud of my series of Natalie Wood drowning puns. Too soon?

Went right over my wake! :lbf:

Billy Elliot

I have not seen the musical. But I loved the film. And the musical is based on the film, so...

Billy Elliot

I have not seen the musical. But I loved the film. And the musical is based on the film, so...

Funny, I played hooky last Friday, and caught it on TV. First time I'd seen it since its release. It was every bit as good as I remembered it. Acting and dancing, that kid nailed that role.

Singin' in the Rain -- Objectively verifiable as the best musical ever.

Funny, I played hooky last Friday, and caught it on TV. First time I'd seen it since its release. It was every bit as good as I remembered it. Acting and dancing, that kid nailed that role.

Agree.

Singin' in the Rain -- Objectively verifiable as the best musical ever.

Objective being the key word there. Not my fave by a long stretch. Where's the sex, the dirt, the profanity, the violence? Too squeaky clean for my tastes. :p What, you say... Willy Wonka was a kid's movie, for Pete's sake! Well, it was dark and twisted, I tell ya. A real horror flick for the faint at heart... not me of course. :D

Well this next one is pretty tame as well but I like it none the less...

Fiddler on the Roof

Full movie...

No mention of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? I also like the seldom-seen sequel, Shock Treatment. Other favorites: Little Shop of Horrors, Labyrinth, and Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

Love your threads full of YouTubes, RB! Please promise you won't participate in this terrible boycott?! Solo needs you and your great spirit!!!

Kisses,

whoremouth

Objective being the key word there. Not my fave by a long stretch. Where's the sex, the dirt, the profanity, the violence? Too squeaky clean for my tastes. :p What, you say... Willy Wonka was a kid's movie, for Pete's sake! Well, it was dark and twisted, I tell ya. A real horror flick for the faint at heart... not me of course. :D

2+2=4
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed.
Singin' in the Rain is the best musical ever.

^^ Just a list of a few things that are not subject to debate. I'm sorry. I don't make the rules.

No mention of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? I also like the seldom-seen sequel, Shock Treatment. Other favorites: Little Shop of Horrors, Labyrinth, and Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

Love your threads full of YouTubes, RB! Please promise you won't participate in this terrible boycott?! Solo needs you and your great spirit!!!

Kisses,

whoremouth

Thanks. I'm not into boycotts. I'm so unprincipled. :p

2+2=4
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed.
Singin' in the Rain is the best musical ever.

^^ Just a list of a few things that are not subject to debate. I'm sorry. I don't make the rules.

LOVE Moulin Rouge!

Here is another great one... saw this live, a few years ago, in Tampa, Florida...

Haven't seen a musical live yet (yeah, I gotta get out more). Letterman usually has numbers on his show.....I remember this one.......Sutton Foster....RAWR! More talent in a shred of her DNA than my entire family's history

I do recall being forced to watch West Side Story in 7th grade and was blown away how good that was.

my god, going to see "Rocky Horror..." up in L.A. how many times did I do that?
too many :o
but time and time again I came back for the girls, oh yes, those lovely teenage RHPS girls :horny:

Back
Top Bottom