Music You've got into through Morrissey

I've always liked Suede's early period. The first three albums. And James as well. The sound of The Smiths' music led me to more of an appreciation of 1980s indie-type bands in general.

I've always liked Suede's early period. The first three albums. And James as well. The sound of The Smiths' music led me to more of an appreciation of 1980s indie-type bands in general.
I love Suede (I didn't count that as they are a well-known band anyway, and Morrissey had no effect on my liking of them, I had no idea at the time that he even liked them), or rather their early period. I love their first two albums - the debut is great, Dog Man Star is a classic - and Sci-Fi Lullabies (disc 1 is brilliant). And the single Stay Together, of course. I love everything they did with Bernard Butler. Post-Butler... well, I like some songs from Coming Up, but not the album as as whole. And I like an occasional later song (Everything Will Flow).

Speaking of well-known bands he likes, as far as I know, he likes Siouxsie & The Banshees (which I definitely agree with), The Jam, Roxy Music...

Last edited:
nothing, Morrissey has awful musical taste

I love Suede (I didn't count that as they are a well-known band anyway, and Morrissey had no effect on my liking of them, I had no idea at the time that he even liked them), or rather their early period. I love their first two albums - the debut is great, Dog Man Star is a classic - and Sci-Fi Lullabies (disc 1 is brilliant). And the single Stay Together, of course. I love everything they did with Bernard Butler. Post-Butler... well, I like some songs from Coming Up, but not the album as as whole. And I like an occasional later song (Everything Will Flow).

Speaking of well-known bands he likes, as far as I know, he likes Siouxsie & The Banshees (which I definitely agree with), The Jam, Roxy Music...

Yeah. Think "Coming Up" holds up well, but Brett Anderson started losing the plot lyrically with some of the b-sides to latter singles released from that album. The masterpiece is "Dog Man Star" and a lot of b-sides from the Bernard Butler era are outstanding ("To The Birds", "Killing Of A Flashboy", "My Dark Star", etc).

Back
Top Bottom