Music critic Anthony Fantano discusses Morrissey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 80s.Moz, Jul 12, 2019.

By 80s.Moz on Jul 12, 2019 at 1:40 AM
  1. 80s.Moz

80s.Moz New Member

The youtube music critic expresses his concerns over Morrissey's many late debacles and events. He along with that says that Smiths fans should not NOT listen to those records because of his recent doings.

EDIT: perhaps actually watch the video before you comment about how vigilant Morrissey is and go on a rant about how Fantano is a tool of the "Jewish Establishment" that wants to have a white genocide.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 80s.Moz, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Amy
      Amy
      Nothing could ruin The Smiths' legacy or their unique place in British culture. Most people have always thought Morrissey was an absolute tool, but the Smiths had a massive cultural impact in the 1980s and that won't fade in his lifetime - plus their musical output was near-flawless. The Smiths become more popular as the years pass. Johnny's high profile at the moment only goes to show how loved they still are.

Doesn't it seem surreal now that in 2006, Morrissey came second (above Paul McCartney!) in a public vote to find Britain's 'Greatest Living Icon'?
      https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-397-1340823
      • Like Like x 6
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. 001
      I support the anti-Semitic labour party.

That was a joke. I, of course, support the weapons selling, conservative party.

No I don't! I support the, *whispers* what's the name of that party that's all-inclusive?

That party doesn't exist...
      • Funny Funny x 4
    3. Dr Phil
      Dr Phil
      So, you say you criticize music. On the you tube?

[​IMG]
    4. GodEmperorMorrissey
      GodEmperorMorrissey
      Fantano is a an SJW and of course does his usual surface research on For Britain. He complains about White Privilege ,vaccines and whatever globalist point of view is popular. Morrissey can't ruin The Smiths legacy besides Morrissey's solo career is better
      • Redundant Redundant x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    5. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      He reviews an awful lot of music I have, never, ever heard of. Or want to.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    6. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester
      I'm a fan of Melon. Please note that the answer to his video title question is a very definitive no.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. A scanty bit of thing
      A scanty bit of thing
      Hi.

Johnny’s high profile does not “go to show how loved the Smiths still are”. Johnny’s nice, and an amazing guitarist.

But check yo self, girl.

You talk a lot of shit and are usually very polite about it, so no one bothers responding to you. But, please.

Get over yourself
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    8. Amy
      Amy
      Agreed, but Johnny's profile isn't just because he's a nice bloke, is it?

Thanks for telling me I talk shit :lbf: - one of many on Solo these days, it seems!
      • Funny Funny x 4
    9. 80s.Moz
      80s.Moz
      lmao great take buddy
    10. drag me down
      drag me down
      There seems to be a worrying trend emerging, where not only is Morrissey being told how to behave (and I'm slowly coming round to the idea that he may have been better keeping his mouth shut), but his fans are being told how to behave. To some fans, Morrissey and The Smiths are a way of life. It's what they've grown up with, and more of a religion than religion itself. To glibly tell these people to throw all of that away is arrogant. You can't tell people to stop doing something as personal and private as listening to a record. Edit: I've actually listened to this now, and that's not what he's saying. He gives quite a balanced view.... but still condescending!
      • Like Like x 5
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    11. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      If I am honest, I'd be thrilled to have Morrissey play me a selection of his favorite records right now. We would not have to say a word to each other. He could just play different songs and I could just zone out and enjoy them until I fell asleep. I don't want to listen to rap either.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 4
    12. Eric Hartman
      Eric Hartman
      Some fans need mental help. If Morrissey is your God you seriously need to re-evaluate your life. He’s a popstar, not the second coming.
      • Like x 3
      • Insightful x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Interesting x 1
    13. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      I thought folks would post some nice music.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. drag me down
      drag me down
      He's no god. All I was saying, is that people follow him religiously.
    15. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Yes. And I went on telly to argue his case for this. Knowing what we know now, I'd run as fast as I could in the opposite direction.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 2
    16. rifke
      rifke
      I've been fasting and can now wear my Morrissey sweater. i have a meeting with my property manager on Friday. i think we'll meet at starbucks. it's to sign the papers for the blessed two month notice to end tenancy. I think ill wear my Morrissey sweater, weather providing. I hope she knows who he is and that when she sees it she'll say "ah, that makes sense! she's difficult like he is"
      • Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    17. drag me down
      drag me down
      It's a good point about Morrissey being part of a group when he was in the Smiths, where there were two other easily identifiable virtuosi who people could relate to if they had problems with Morrissey. It might help if he could become a singer in a group again, with an actual band name, and recognisable characters, even if this meant retaining his current players and giving them more prominence.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    18. Pokey
      Pokey
      I thought I could think for myself and came to a position where I could not particularly agree with Morrissey’s personal views but still enjoy the music. Turns out I shouldn’t do that. Thanks for telling me what to do Mr Music Review Man. Your oppres, uh, progressive thinking has decided what’s right and wrong for me the way any free minded liberal should.
      • Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You went out of your way to tell the world how amazing you thought Steve Morrissey was?
      Wow - you must feel like an absolute bell end.