Music Box

Is Ms Valerie Gina the same knobhead who ran morrisseyblog site? the drivel he posts annoys me in a similar manner. thoughts?

He didn't play I Know It's Over and looks like he didn't add a song in to replace it?

A man who's been making music for almost 30 years should not have such a short setlist.

Is Ms Valerie Gina the same knobhead who ran morrisseyblog site? the drivel he posts annoys me in a similar manner. thoughts?
She seems to enjoy flaunting her wealth. She could be a fantasist. Certainly an annoying poster though.

I'm running around visiting friends and family today so I might not be able to recap the amazing show last night until later. Little bits of it are trickling into my brain and warming my heart. He made a tiny speech before Action. Be still my heart.

He didn't play I Know It's Over and looks like he didn't add a song in to replace it?

A man who's been making music for almost 30 years should not have such a short setlist.

The mood of the venue was all wrong for IKIO, I think it was a wise decision. It was a very intense show.

A guy near me handed Moz a Lou Reed album. Morrissey should have a blog listing what he has so fans can fill out his collection. :p I wouldn't want to hand him a duplicate, it's a win win idea!

Also this other hilarious thing happened. So I got in line around 2:30. This googly-eyed guy with a kinda crazy face walks up and asks if I want to sign this crumpled dirty piece of paper and I just said no thank you. It was I'm assuming a bunch of WE LUV U MOZ!!!!!!! messages, but it wasn't nice or well thought out, it was a big dirty white piece of paper. :squiffy: So during the show crazy eyes keeps trying to hand Morrissey the paper and M keeps giving him dirty looks and refusing it. Finally he takes it and says (In the most goddam sexy way :horny:) "What the hell is this?!?" then asks Jesse who shrugs. It was hilarious. :rofl:

Last edited:
Shut up you peoples. Youre all just jealous.

I met the man who handed him the LP, such a sweetheart! Cute, too! Hehehehehe

I dont run any websites. I'm not good with computers!! I just post the things my hubby tells me!

I forget a lot of it though ;)

On the other side of LP guy was a very sweet man who had a sealed letter in a standard business envelope with sharpie written TO MORRISSEY to hand to him. It was a big moment for him to get that letter in his hand, it was so cool being near the nervous anticipation trenches. He was wearing a blazer and sweating buckets, he was so sweet to me while my brain was shutting down (standing in a crowd listening to stoned people talk constantly is a bit of a test.) He tried to get us all to sing Let me Kiss You with Nancy Sinatra. :D And he called me Aimster all night. I think he got the letter up there somehow, I felt so strangely happy for him. :o

I'd love to know what people put in the notes they thrust at him at gigs. Never understood it. Is it a sort of I love you if ever your in the neibourhood drop in for brew, type thing?

And just a comment on the pit. I feel like I keep yammering on about it on this thread like I'm a total puss, but it's not easy for me to stand in one place for too long, especially listening to conversation blurted out in all directions. It's hard to describe. I can listen to conversation all day long if I know I can walk away, but if I'm trapped, I get a little panicky. I go to concerts all the time, but i stand in the back. But it was worth it. Once the music started and to be soooo close to Morrisey when he's in his favorite place is phenomenol, all the tension evaporates. For anyone who's never done it, here's some pointers.:

1. If you have long hair, put it up. I have hair almost to my waist and when the crowd smashes you in, there's nowhere to go and your hair gets trapped between you and the guy behind you. Morrissey called it the Henry Fondle for a reason, you are literally smashed next to each other and the crowd shifts and you move around a lot. But the hair? I had this Isadora Duncan moment where I thought someone was pulling my hair and my neck was going to snap, it was just stuck in the smashed crowd.

2. Forget any idea of taking photographs.

3. Do not slam three beers before the show. Take shots if you want a buzz. There's no leaving to pee.

4. When people crwd surf over your head it's easiest just to protect your head and help them with your arms up or else their feet kick you in the head. Funtimes.

5. Don't wear a sweater, it's effing hot.

It was all worth it though. The eerie part was the melee after he threw his shirt, I got knocked down because he threw it right next to me, but the people were ravenous for a piece. They were throwing punches and screaming and people taking pictures, everyone huddled and swarmed over it, it was so odd. I got out of there fast.

I feel beyond fortunate that it seemed like Morrissey spent a lot of time Boz side where we stood. it could be just the glow of having been so close, but my brain is completely saturated with his beautiful self. I floated home.

I'd love to know what people put in the notes they thrust at him at gigs. Never understood it. Is it a sort of I love you if ever your in the neibourhood drop in for brew, type thing?

Yeah, I imagine it's all very personal. I tried to slyly ask what he wrote without sounding like a douchebag but he wasn't saying. Probably a lot of I love you, you changed my life, your music speaks to me, etc.. Maybe not.

CrystalGeyser, sweetheart, last night was not a pit. Was this your first show?

How did you get knocked down? (And did you get back up again? LOL)

Do you have a problem with taking photos? I love using my dslr for during the show!

Do you have a problem with taking photos? I love using my dslr for during the show!

DSLR?

Dick Sucking Lip Ring?!?

This was not my first show. I have been to many GA Morrissey shows, I stand in the middle of the crowd or towards the side, anywhere I have a nice view of him, usually balcony. Last night i did the whole queue thing for the first time where you have to stand in the same spot from 6:00 on blah, blah, blah. And while it wasn't a pit by your standards, I know I was physically smashed up against people and there was no controlling getting out. I was not against the barrier, I was about three then two people deep. I took about 10 photos but the people pushing from behind made it difficult to get my camera in and out of my pocket so I just kept it there to be safe and gave up thinking I had any bubble of personal space three songs in. I got knocked down by people on the other side of me from where the shirt was thrown clamoring for it. I did get back up as evidensed by that fact I am sitting in my kitchen and not on the floor of the Henry Fonda Theater presently.

I don't even know why I bother talking to you.

He did this thing before All the Lazy Dykes...this moaning sound? I about died.

I keep remembering tiny details but I can't seem to sit down and write a review.

6398247419_8735daea53_z.jpg

It's mildly thrilling to spot yourself in a sea of arms. :D

6398247419_8735daea53_z.jpg

It's mildly thrilling to spot yourself in a sea of arms. :D

Good God :eek: Its 12:56am and I have to be up in 3.5hrs and head to the airport to be on my merry way to Sin City, and this photo just made me all :horny: Awesome reviews, CG..I will drunkardly report on the Vegas show at some point Monday as I will be nursing myself back to health prior to that (aka postVegas).

Back
Top Bottom