'Murica

Well, I hear you, but your alternative is nihilism and despair.

You can just default to that NOW and put a bullet through your head, or you can hope for the best and do your small part to ensure stability and see what happens.

I don't know what your situation is, if you have kids or a wife or who your real life friends are, but chances are there are people less intelligent than you and/or less confident and you can be the voice of reason for them, the person who offers rationality amidst the chaos. You can CHOOSE to be the strength someone else needs; the flashlight that allow them to see clearly through the fog.

Or, you can just say f*** it, we're doomed, every man for himself...but here in America, we don't puss out quite so fast.
You really ARE optimistic!

You mean the same WHO who said in January that the virus was not a major threat because humans couldn't transmit it becsuse China told them so. You mean THAT WHO? :ROFLMAO:

That's the only WHO that exists. If China lied that's China's fault. It seems it's still lying. But facts are that right now people are dying like flies in Italy and Spain. You could say those are another countries, but biologically the world is the same and people are the same everywhere.

Oh shit, Canada is getting dangerously close to #Marxism. People getting handed money like that isn't liberating for them tho.
Hmmm, but what if everyone gets rich from this and there are no uniquely 'rich' people left to hate because everyone's got money now and #Marxism ceases to exist.

Maybe our societies would be dodging a bullet that way, because as we know hating the rich puts you on the fast track to #Marxism. So by embracing #Marxism temporarily and making everyone rich through non-liberating means, could Canada in fact be saving itself from #Marxism in the long run :unsure::unsure:?

None of that is Marxism. And none of that lends itself to getting rich. And none of that has anything to do with the Marxist contempt for the wealthy.

It's a new day but I'm just here to remind everyone always to show respect towards the multi-millionaires and billionaires in your society, because if even a momentary flicker of resentment toward them crosses your mind then you're on the fast track to #Marxism and there's no coming back from that.

You can embrace transgenderism, support gay marriage or whatever (love is love!), turn a blind eye to mass replacement migration, weigh up the pros and cons of drug legislation etc., all that's fine, but the second that you advocate for economic parity, or even refuse to kow-tow to hyper-capitalism, then the shit really hits the fan in your society and everything crumbles around you.

Trust me: rich people know what's best for you and me, they're rich for a reason, and we should feel glad that they allow us to feel liberated by providing minimum wage work or zero hours contracts for which we have to compete with the steady stream of immigrants they bring in who will often work for even less than we will. It's all part of the liberation, and of the tough love which I'm grateful they give us. Look at it this way: if you didn't have that work to look forward to you would be beating your wife right now whilst in a drunken stupor. So stepping out of line is unthinkable, we simply wouldn't be able to handle it, we'd riot and burn each other's houses down in a confused frenzy.

In fact, what we should really be doing is printing off pictures of millionaires and billionaires, framing them, and kissing them each morning to thank them for their benevolence and for providing structure to our lives without which we'd self-destruct. Constantly reminding ourselves of the good they do for us is one of the only surefire ways I can think of to stave off #Marxism. Pick one of your favorite billionaires, print a picture of him or her and kiss it to thank them today. Today I will say: thank you Jeff Bezos! Your elevated status in our society is a constant source of inspiration and comfort to me.

View attachment 55434
I agree with most of that; yeah.

Li'l hyperbolic at times, and a li'l oversimplified, but mostly correct.

right,lets ignore billionaires and millionaires and instead lets turns to barely employed nuts like barnaby and fake cham for advice for when a homeless chick comes into a weed patch and grabs a broken hammer. or take advice from dole chompers like skinny.:crazy:
you cant have better leaders than barnaby fake cham and skinny:unsure:
those 3 will pay you a million a year without having to work:crazy:

None of that is Marxism. And none of that lends itself to getting rich. And none of that has anything to do with the Marxist contempt for the wealthy.

I agree with most of that; yeah.

Li'l hyperbolic at times, and a li'l oversimplified, but mostly correct.

There's nothing I respect more than a man who's learned to love the taste of the whip. You will never shake up the status quo and that's a quality one can't help but admire greatly. If the status quo were shaken up, Netflix might not survive the purge and that would be a fate worse than death. I'd rather ignore capitalism's cruelties as long as I get to keep my comforts, I'm sure you'll agree. "Wah wah wah, hundreds of thousands of people homeless, wah wah wah, college fees have left me in debt up to my eyeballs", shut up you little bitches, don't you know the PlayStation 5 will be out soon? Ungrateful.

There's nothing I respect more than a man who's learned to love the taste of the whip. You will never shake up the status quo and that's a quality one can't help but admire greatly. If the status quo were shaken up, Netflix might not survive the purge and that would be a fate worse than death. I'd rather ignore capitalism's cruelties as long as I get to keep my comforts, I'm sure you'll agree. "Wah wah wah, hundreds of thousands of people homeless, wah wah wah, college fees have left me in debt up to my eyeballs", shut up you little bitches, don't you know the PlayStation 5 will be out soon? Ungrateful.

Don't like capitalism? Cool. What is your alternative? What have you got that's better...that's been proven better and that's proven to improve living conditions, the quality of products, and the maximum amount of choices for the consumer? What else has been proven to maximize life? Nothing.

Just because capitalism can and sadly does at times lend itself to corruption doesn't mean the system itself is flawed. Perfect? No, but better than anything else so far.

This "whip" you talk about...what whip would that be, exactly? Nobody has ever held a gun to my head or forced me to do anything. "Whip" because people have bosses, who in turn have bosses? "Whip" because people at the top of large corporations have profited? So what. Who cares. You can be as happy as you choose to be and nobody is holding you back. Go start a business, go produce a ware and ascend to the top of the hierarchy. Go on. Do it. Can't? OK. Well don't be resentful toward those who can and who have.

You're whining about the big bad rich people, and the system, it's the system, man! Down with the system! Eat the rich! Wah wah wah...what are you, a child? You sound like one. "Wah wah wah, I don't wanna take out the trash for my allowance, I should just get it for free, boo-hoo"...Grow up and stop being such a pussy. You're typing on a computer using the internet. That's capitalism. Capitalism allows you to do that. Dumbass.

Otherwise if you're just gonna keep saying "capitalism is bad" and crying because you hate rich people, I'm gonna check out of this litte tete-a-tete. It's f***ing boring and you can't back up any of your claims. Grow a pair, and then we'll talk.

Don't like capitalism? Cool. What is your alternative? What have you got that's better...that's been proven better and that's proven to improve living conditions, the quality of products, and the maximum amount of choices for the consumer? What else has been proven to maximize life? Nothing.

Just because capitalism can and sadly does at times lend itself to corruption doesn't mean the system itself is flawed. Perfect? No, but better than anything else so far.

This "whip" you talk about...what whip would that be, exactly? Nobody has ever held a gun to my head or forced me to do anything. "Whip" because people have bosses, who in turn have bosses? "Whip" because people at the top of large corporations have profited? So what. Who cares. You can be as happy as you choose to be and nobody is holding you back. Go start a business, go produce a ware and ascend to the top of the hierarchy. Go on. Do it. Can't? OK. Well don't be resentful toward those who can and who have.

You're whining about the big bad rich people, and the system, it's the system, man! Down with the system! Eat the rich! Wah wah wah...what are you, a child? You sound like one. "Wah wah wah, I don't wanna take out the trash for my allowance, I should just get it for free, boo-hoo"...Grow up and stop being such a pussy. You're typing on a computer using the internet. That's capitalism. Capitalism allows you to do that. Dumbass.

Otherwise if you're just gonna keep saying "capitalism is bad" and crying because you hate rich people, I'm gonna check out of this litte tete-a-tete. It's f***ing boring and you can't back up any of your claims. Grow a pair, and then we'll talk.

Well there's a basic bitch take straight out of 2015. Brb, just going to make sure I haven't accidentally time travelled and that you're just incapable of showing any kind of growth and are dwelling in a pit of complacency. I'm fairly confident I know which of the two is true but you can't be too sure

Bhops the Landlord liked the post in which the capitalist system was firmly defended... shocking development.

Bhops the Landlord liked the post in which the capitalist system was firmly defended... shocking development.
(Yeah 2 investment properties, I'm a regular Donald Trump, LOL)

But please do tell, what is your ideal economic system, with some specifics. Might as well lay it out for us................

That's the only WHO that exists. If China lied that's China's fault. It seems it's still lying. But facts are that right now people are dying like flies in Italy and Spain. You could say those are another countries, but biologically the world is the same and people are the same everywhere.
Yeah well another 'trusted' name Neill Ferguson decided to downgrade his prediction of 500,000 deaths in the UK to..........................20,000. He then had the stones to claim the reason for the adjustment was various measures the UK is now taking like lock down. Lock down had been in force...................ONE day when he made his adjustments.

These experts are all over the f***en place, LOL.

You're trapped in your carbon monoxide filled cage selling "treats" to innocent children and profiting off of the slavery and death of the dairy industry but you don't see the problem? Just keep driving the streets in your whimsical van playing your offkey circus music and pretending that capitalism is wonderful.

Yeah well another 'trusted' name Neill Ferguson decided to downgrade his prediction of 500,000 deaths in the UK to..........................20,000. He then had the stones to claim the reason for the adjustment was various measures the UK is now taking like lock down. Lock down had been in force...................ONE day when he made his adjustments.

These experts are all over the f***en place, LOL.

No, a COVID Scientist Didn’t Walk Back His Prediction
By ROBERT VERBRUGGEN
March 26, 2020 6:32 PM

A narrative rocketed around social media earlier today: An Imperial College study said that COVID-19 could kill 500,000 Brits, but in recent testimony, Neil Ferguson, the head of the group behind the study, put the number below 20,000. Clearly the lying alarmist was walking back his ridiculous predictions!
Well, no. The paper actually offered simulations of numerous scenarios. The one resulting in 500,000 deaths was one where Great Britain just carried on life as before. Other scenarios, where the country locked down whenever it was necessary to stop the disease’s spread, put death totals below 20,000. (See the rightmost death columns of Tables 4 and 5.)

Maybe you're the one who's all over the place :unsure:

By ROBERT VERBRUGGEN

A narrative rocketed around social media earlier today: An Imperial College study said that COVID-19 could kill 500,000 Brits, but in recent testimony, Neil Ferguson, the head of the group behind the study, put the number below 20,000. Clearly the lying alarmist was walking back his ridiculous predictions!
Well, no. The paper actually offered simulations of numerous scenarios. The one resulting in 500,000 deaths was one where Great Britain just carried on life as before. Other scenarios, where the country locked down whenever it was necessary to stop the disease’s spread, put death totals below 20,000. (See the rightmost death columns of Tables 4 and 5.)

Did you read it? Did you read what I wrote. He said he adjusted his modelling due to UK going into lock down. It had been in lockdown all of..... ONE DAY before his revised numbers came out. If that doesn't set off your bullshit detector than nothing does LOL

Also take a read of the comments below those tweets. I did yesterday, you'll find some of them illuminating.

You're trapped in your carbon monoxide filled cage selling "treats" to innocent children and profiting off of the slavery and death of the dairy industry but you don't see the problem? Just keep driving the streets in your whimsical van playing your offkey circus music and pretending that capitalism is wonderful.
Ah yes. When unable to offer a viable counterpoint, default to the ice cream truck references. Tried and true.

Listen dude; you're not dumb. Rich people didn't cause the virus. Capitalism didn't cause the virus. Big corporations didn't cause the virus. The virus is the result of disgusting uncivilized hillbillies in China who traffic in filth. Don't take it out on me.

Or, take it out on me. That's fine too. No skin off my back. But I'm not your enemy and I'm not going to play along. None of this is easy for anyone.

I'm gonna go toss out all these wasted snow cones and then watch Paris, Texas with my kids. Peace, brother. Hang in there!

By ROBERT VERBRUGGEN

Bhops will carry on repeating himself until he decides he is "bored" and that you're "explaining" and that what you're saying "doesn't make sense" so don't bother. The concept of two different models having two different outcomes is boring and doesn't make sense so quit #FakeDavesplaining it to him.

Ah yes. When unable to offer a viable counterpoint, default to the ice cream truck references. Tried and true.

Listen dude; you're not dumb. Rich people didn't cause the virus. Capitalism didn't cause the virus. Big corporations didn't cause the virus. The virus is the result of disgusting uncivilized hillbillies in China who traffic in filth. Don't take it out on me.

Or, take it out on me. That's fine too. No skin off my back. But I'm not your enemy and I'm not going to play along. None of this is easy for anyone.

I'm gonna go toss out all these wasted snow cones and then watch Paris, Texas with my kids. Peace, brother. Hang in there!
I thought I was writing that hysterically enough that it didn't need the </s> tag. Please don't take away my Ice Cream Truck references! That whole scenario is a solow institution.
Seriously I don't have any idea who caused the virus. It is an amazing coincidence that it seems to have started in an area where China has some sort of spooky bioengineering and testing labs but I'm not trying to push any ideas like that because it's irresponsible and people are already stupid and crazy enough without making it into a conspiracy theory.

I thought I was writing that hysterically enough that it didn't need the </s> tag. Please don't take away my Ice Cream Truck references! That whole scenario is a solow institution.
Seriously I don't have any idea who caused the virus. It is an amazing coincidence that it seems to have started in an area where China has some sort of spooky bioengineering and testing labs but I'm not trying to push any ideas like that because it's irresponsible and people are already stupid and crazy enough without making it into a conspiracy theory.
I'd have to look but I am fairly sure I read a Snopes article debunking the claim of the virology lab being in Wuhan, and that it's actually a considerable distance from there. I don't know.

The point is, if this was in fact "planned" then the planners really kind of made it up as they went along. Personally I'm not buying the Alex Jones shit....and I LIKE Alex Jones! I just don't see any indication or evidence of a planned, structured process at work here, started on purpose, with an agenda and an end goal and a profit for the evil billionaires. If anything I see the exact opposite. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I being obtuse? Possibly. But that's the route I'm taking until I have reason to think differently. I'll concur with you that getting hung up on conspiracy theories is not going to help anyone. Maybe when this is all over we can parse out the different theories based on the information we have once the dust settles, but not now.

crackedpots, it turns out fake cham was doing 'hystercal comedy'. he self identifies in his mind as new rodney dangerfield.
its our bad we dont laugh.?

I'd have to look but I am fairly sure I read a Snopes article debunking the claim of the virology lab being in Wuhan, and that it's actually a considerable distance from there. I don't know.

The point is, if this was in fact "planned" then the planners really kind of made it up as they went along. Personally I'm not buying the Alex Jones shit....and I LIKE Alex Jones! I just don't see any indication or evidence of a planned, structured process at work here, started on purpose, with an agenda and an end goal and a profit for the evil billionaires. If anything I see the exact opposite. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I being obtuse? Possibly. But that's the route I'm taking until I have reason to think differently. I'll concur with you that getting hung up on conspiracy theories is not going to help anyone. Maybe when this is all over we can parse out the different theories based on the information we have once the dust settles, but not now.
You wanna go down a funky Wuhan Flu rabbit hole? Do a search for the name Maatje Benassi.

Back
Top Bottom