Multizone dvd players (Mac)?

David

Hey, all. "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" is coming out very soon, and I really want to be able to see it. Am I correct in assuming that VLC plays multizone DVDs? Does anyone know? Any answer would be much appreciated.

Hey, all. "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" is coming out very soon, and I really want to be able to see it. Am I correct in assuming that VLC plays multizone DVDs? Does anyone know? Any answer would be much appreciated.

You have to change the region code in order too see a DVD not matching the one set as the default on your machine. You can change the region code up to 5 times.

You can try using VLC, but: on recent intel macs I couldn't watch an american dvd without changing the code. if memory serves me well on PowerPC macs it used to work.

Best solution is to hack your regular DVD player. Just google your model and you can have a region code-free player in minutes.

Last edited:
You have to change the region code in order too see a DVD not matching the one set as the default on your machine. You can change the region code up to 5 times.

You can try using VLC, but: on recent intel macs I couldn't watch an american dvd without changing the code. if memory serves me well on PowerPC macs it used to work.

Best solution is to hack your regular DVD player. Just google your model and you can have a region code-free player in minutes.

Samsung sells an upconvert DVD player that thanks to forum hacks can be automatically programmed to be region "0" by entering a code from the remote. It was $80.

VLC is a great program. I use it to play both Region 1 and 2 DVDs and flac files. Open VLC, put in your disc and then make sure to turn off your computer's DVD player, which will try to play the DVD. Go to "file" on the VLC menu, and then "open disc." Hopefully it will work.

Back
Top Bottom