Mr. Demos YT: "Jeane" & "Wonderful Woman" early demos premiered (January 3/4, 2020)

A new channel popped up yesterday with a premiere for a demo of these things take time I asume to be the Troy Tate version because of the length

Added by joe frady:

They are pretty ropey, but then history often is.

"Slowly degrading in a box since 82/83"...well, haven't we all?

So, Mr Demos is 'premiering' "These Things Take Time" on the 1st of June 2020...

Birthday Gift from Joyce, Michael...?

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
the smiths played at rafters on the 21 February 1983 so could this be a soundcheck

on the 21 February 1983 the smiths played at Rafters could this be a soundcheck from this date there does appear to be a big connection to this maybe im right maybe im wrong just thought id put this out there

Good analysis just wondered about the rafters connection the two what do you see in him were the same recording but from two different generations though

Moz was a regular at Rafters. He was at the Generation X gig in May, 77. And a month later at the Johnny Thunders gig on June 30th where Thunders was supported by Warsaw. In August he was at the Penetration gig with his mate ... *someone* Carroll (RIP) who he usually met up with there and who sometimes worked as a Rafters in house DJ. Moz has also mentioned being at a Magazine gig there in 78. He was still a regular up to the start of The Smiths. He was at the Altered Images show in May (I think) 81 and he famously penned a brutal review of Depeche Mode after they played there in August 81. I believe he called Basildon's finest 'hilariously unimaginative'. Kevin Cummins has hundreds of photos of bands playing Rafters. Moz is clearly side of stage at the Gen X show.

Kevin Cummins has hundreds of photos of bands playing Rafters. Moz is clearly side of stage at the Gen X show.

Don’t believe I’ve seen that photo. Do you have a link to it? Thanks.

Don’t believe I’ve seen that photo. Do you have a link to it? Thanks.
I'm afraid not. I've only seen it once at an exhibition in London in around 96. Steven Patrick is leaning against the wall on the Tony James side of the stage. Don't know if Cummins has had it printed since. And to be fair, there was debate at the time ... "It that Morrissey?!" "Oh no it isn't, oh yes it is etc". I'm going with yes as it looks like Moz from other photographs of the time: Glasses, floppy fringe, Sally Army coat. Interestingly he is standing close to Gen X roadie Steve Harrington ... who went on to become Steve Strange ... who earlier that summer had recorded with Moz's future BF Chrissie Hynde ... under the moniker 'The Moors Murderers' ... the Morrissey circle of life! Moz told Billy Idol he was at that show because Idol mentioned it in an interview. I absolutely think Moz should cover Gen X's "King Rocker' ... absolutely!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom