Mporium (UK) Hammer Smiths Ltd Edition Tour T Shirt (March 17, 2023)

ham_yellow_grande.jpg
ham_white_grande.jpg

£25.
Only being sold until the 25th of March.
Regards,
FWD.

Image: Johnny Morrissey

So - we've got a Johnny Morrissey mash-up for The Smiths - are there any people out there called Steven Marr for balance? ;)

That's actually very funny and cute :hearteyes:. Would totally buy if I attended the concert.

Oh, that's cute. I doubt Moz has the slightest knowledge of this guy beyond his name, but even so.

More like a Toffee Smith!
COYI

Is Micky Rourke printed on the on the back?

No shame at all.
Now using The Smiths to peddle the tatty merch/pension fund.
Its all about the 💰💰💰

Benny🇬🇧:knife:

He can wear one at the Damo gig tonight in London, on his night off.

Although very interesting that the Shirt is Smith-themed only for his concert. Has there previously been Smiths-themed merch for his concerts? And it's a nod to Johnny. Maybe the open letter grudge has subsided? If not totally effing impossible it would be a good tease for a guest appearance (it's also called a "Special event shirt" on Central) ☺️☺️☺️

Last edited:
Although very interesting that the Shirt is Smith-themed only for his concert. Has there previously been Smiths-themed merch for his concerts? And it's a nod to Johnny. Maybe the open letter grudge has subsided? If not totally effing impossible it would be a good tease for a guest appearance (it's also called a "Special event shirt" on Central) ☺️☺️☺️
Moz has done a fair amount of T-shirts/Tote bags/pillows etc bearing the titles of Smiths songs, or fragments of Smiths lyrics, but always with 'Morrissey' written on them. Unless I've missed something, this might be the first bit of official merchandise to actually mention The Smiths (even obliquely) in many years.
Outlook-tff4kxst_2048x2048.png

Mporium UK & USA opened September 25 & 26, 2014.
It (UK) featured 2 Smiths song titles: on a bag (Shoplifters) and a pillow (Last Night...).
Their next update had MIM stencils.
2015 had 'England Is Mine...' shirts & 'Sing Me To Sleep' pillows.
FWD.

Moz has done a fair amount of T-shirts/Tote bags/pillows etc bearing the titles of Smiths songs, or fragments of Smiths lyrics, but always with 'Morrissey' written on them. Unless I've missed something, this might be the first bit of official merchandise to actually mention The Smiths (even obliquely) in many years.
Outlook-tff4kxst_2048x2048.png
That's what I remember too (lyrics yes but always connected to him). Given the history it really strikes me as odd and special that it's so clearly Smiths and not Morrissey only themed although it's his concert. And why is it called a "special event" now? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Like I said I don't really believe that something like a guest appearance would happen but it's interesting anyway and one can dream...

I'm not sure there's anything too coded in this shirt.
It used to be called the Hammersmith Apollo/Odeon - hence the play on its name.
Adding a non-Hammersmith player who happens to have Morrissey in his name is probably further evidence of less thinking than more.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom