Mporium: Sneak peek at Camden pop up shop

Via Mporium Email.
Looks good - great effort.
A few collectables in the display alone.

41366_camden_popup1.jpg

41367_camden_popup2.jpg

41361_camden_popup3.jpg

41362_camden_popup4.jpg

41363_camden_popup5.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

The Email:
20171116_143203.png
20171116_143227.png

UPDATE Jan. 2023:

Camden pop-up shirt from Mporium (now deleted):

full

Last edited by a moderator:
:angry: (not to you)
This was always going to happen and it annoys me that they were people in the queue who really wanted one of those test pressings were going to be disappointed ( cheated?), but I will tell everyone the people around me were die hards lifers and I can only imagine those behind me were also ardent fans ,I was lucky I got number 37

This was always going to happen and it annoys me that they were people in the queue who really wanted one of those test pressings were going to be disappointed ( cheated?), but I will tell everyone the people around me were die hards lifers and I can only imagine those behind me were also ardent fans ,I was lucky I got number 37
Indeed. There must be some way forward to stop these ebayers?

Yeah I got 38 but it went very quiet when the group of four behind me realised there were only 2 left between them. I really felt for them as they were genuine fans too.

These eBay vermin should be ashamed.

Yeah I got 38 but it went very quiet when the group of four behind me realised there were only 2 left between them. I really felt for them as they were genuine fans too.

These eBay vermin should be ashamed.

This 'test pressing' thing is a f***ing disgrace.
From start to end.

Would not surprise me if the thinking behind the retail price was something along the lines of 'I'm selling signed records for £70 and they are being resold on eBay straightaway for £200, why should anyone else make money out of my name/signature? Tell you what, let's sell them for £200 ourselves'.

Then of course we have the opportunistic c***s who will queue up overnight and sell their grandmothers if it means making some easy money.

As I say, end to end c***age.

Well this is interesting...

Yesterday I inputted the details for the ‘test pressing’ onto Discogs and on checking it this morning, someone has already listed one for sale for £37.99 .... but unsigned!! This means there were more than 200 printed.

Ever had the feeling you’ve been cheated? I do!

No, I'm more than happy with my purchase.

I’m pleased you’re pleased.

I overheard someone in the queue say, “if they are £200 they may as well sell them for £500”. He was basically suggesting that now that we are getting into silly money, they can really charge what they like and some poor fool will pay. I have to agree.

It’s beginning to feel like a tax on the stupid.

Well the £200 meant that some couples bought one between them rather than one each. As a result I, at 42nd in the queue, managed to bag one. So I was happy.

Would not surprise me if the thinking behind the retail price was something along the lines of 'I'm selling signed records for £70 and they are being resold on eBay straightaway for £200, why should anyone else make money out of my name/signature? Tell you what, let's sell them for £200 ourselves'.

And, in some ways, I can sympathise with that point of view. If people are reselling them on ebay for £700, next time why not sell them directly to fans for £700, and cut out the middle man? It's the same with the huge increase in ticket prices. Morrissey must be thinking "someone is making out like a bandit - why shouldn't it be me?'

It sucks - but this is capitalism.

The only way around it, would be to do something genuinely nice for the fans - like not publicising these test pressings in the first place, but when people turned up to buy stuff, the first 20 people through the doors suddenly find they've been given one for free. But ultimately Morrissey is a business, and he's going to make as much possible money out of this record as possible. Money = success = 'hey, you should sign me too" message to the next record label. All these coloured variants, and box sets, and cassettes and £200 test pressings will help 'Low in High School' earn more $$$ than 'World Peace' did - which is the main message Morrissey wants the record company to hear.

Well this is interesting...

Yesterday I inputted the details for the ‘test pressing’ onto Discogs and on checking it this morning, someone has already listed one for sale for £37.99 .... but unsigned!! This means there were more than 200 printed.

Ever had the feeling you’ve been cheated? I do!

How do you feel cheated? They are not actual test presses. Did they ever officially say that all there will be? I wouldn't be surprised to see some on mpor.. or on tour

I think he’s entitled to charge £500 - no one is commanded to buy one...

The shitty thing is not telling in advance, or in the queue, because then they feel invested in it and will probably pay anything.

I bet the people at Mporium are reading all of this and rubbing their hands together for the next one! £500? That sounds like a good idea! And look they all agree!

Of course there is always a choice, but it is Morrissey we’re taking about - not Taylor Swift. Since when did Morrissey become the byword for gross capitalism?

I think he’s entitled to charge £500 - no one is commanded to buy one...

The shitty thing is not telling in advance, or in the queue, because then they feel invested in it and will probably pay anything.
This.
I suspect most people had an idea in the back of their head that they wouldn't charge too much more than the signed records available at gigs and didn't stuff their pockets with notes especially having probably just bought a £75 vinyl bundle or box set - communication doesn't cost much at all.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't suppose these people selling these on e-bay give a moment's thought to the people behind them in the queue who waited in the cold to try and get one of these, then missing out on their greed.

I don't suppose these people selling these on e-bay give a moment's thought to the people behind them in the queue who waited in the cold to try and get one of these, then missing out on their greed.

Why's everyone got a problem with the ebay touts, We know what to expect from them, they dont give a shit, they wanna make a few quid. Its not their job to care about Morrisseys fans, It's Morrisseys duty to care about his fans, and £200 retail price is f***ing ridiculous. Do you think Morrissey gives a shit about the fans queuing outside at 3am?

Probably not to be fair, but I know I would feel pretty shitty about depriving someone of something they would really like to purchase, lack of principles I suppose!!

Another one up for 500 bought today

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom