Mporium: Sneak peek at Camden pop up shop

Via Mporium Email.
Looks good - great effort.
A few collectables in the display alone.

41366_camden_popup1.jpg

41367_camden_popup2.jpg

41361_camden_popup3.jpg

41362_camden_popup4.jpg

41363_camden_popup5.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

The Email:
20171116_143203.png
20171116_143227.png

UPDATE Jan. 2023:

Camden pop-up shirt from Mporium (now deleted):

full

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, most of it's on Mporium anyway unless you want a horrible Tshirt or to spend £200 on a whitelabel!!!

I think most of us understand what a bread head Morrissey is, his own wealth is major factor in all his actions. Ticket prices, 8 variants of latest release for the collectors to buy, and the prices at the pop up shop seem more than a little excessive, but £200 for a manufactured vehicle to take his signature is a massive f*** you to a loyal collecting fan base. It's a disgrace to those who he knows have and will purchase everything he releases. Shame, shame, especially when his present output is so biased against and scathing of the wealthy, he needs to look closer to home, the monarchy haven't cost in the past ten years your average tax payer, what he's cost the completist today alone.

There are a total of 200 of these 'test pressings' - 100 in US and 100 in UK.
200 x £200 = £40,000. Morrissey is earning 40 grand, just for signing his name on these things.

I remember a few years back on the 'Years of Refusal' tour, they sold 10 x signed LPs per night at the merch booth, and as far as I remember (I bought one myself) they were standard LP price.

Why has he turned into such a cash whore? Why does he need so much money?

The signed years of refusal were not standard L.P. prices they were at minimum $50 If i remember right and may have been $100

Also I doubt that renting that location in Melrose for a weekend is cheap...

Bottom line if ya can't afford $200 don't spend it

There are a total of 200 of these 'test pressings' - 100 in US and 100 in UK.
200 x £200 = £40,000. Morrissey is earning 40 grand, just for signing his name on these things.

I remember a few years back on the 'Years of Refusal' tour, they sold 10 x signed LPs per night at the merch booth, and as far as I remember (I bought one myself) they were standard LP price.

Why has he turned into such a cash whore? Why does he need so much money?

Weeks on end at the Dorchester ain't cheap. 40 grand probably just about about covers 10 days with room service and the bar tab.

The signed years of refusal were not standard L.P. prices they were at minimum $50 If i remember right and may have been $100
Actually you are right - I did a search here through the old tour posts, and they were $50 each, which I think worked out at around £35 at the time, so felt relatively cheap!

£200 for a manufactured vehicle to take his signature is a massive f*** you to a loyal collecting fan base.
I think the irony is that - for collectors - unsigned test pressings of this record will end up being much more valuable. We know there are a whopping 200 signed white labels out there, but I'm guessing there will be relatively few genuine unsigned test pressings that get into circulation the non-commercial route.

Maybe in years to come, people will be desperately trying to remove Morrissey's signature, in order to boost the value? :D

I think the irony is that - for collectors - unsigned test pressings of this record will end up being much more valuable. We know there are a whopping 200 signed white labels out there, but I'm guessing there will be relatively few genuine unsigned test pressings that get into circulation the non-commercial route.

Maybe in years to come, people will be desperately trying to remove Morrissey's signature, in order to boost the value? :D

and to be honest... they are not test presses

Pictures shamelessly poached from Facebook posts...
Did someone mention cash grab?
10 quid pencils anyone!? :)

FB_IMG_1510944531950.jpg

FB_IMG_1510944535204.jpg
FB_IMG_1510944539273.jpg
FB_IMG_1510944541365.jpg

FB_IMG_1510944544185.jpg
FB_IMG_1510944547321.jpg
FB_IMG_1510944551922.jpg
FB_IMG_1510944556923.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Totally different, You shouldnt be stinging your own fans like that.

It’s called pop-up “shop”.
It’s a business. Demand and supply.
You don’t have to buy a thing.
How many of these so-called fans are actually real fans in the sense they love the music?

I get the impression a lot of them, not all of course, are actually buying the stuff to make a couple of bucks and then start complaining about Moz being a greedy bastard.

I don’t care if people, so-called fans, say he is a greedy bastard.

I just love his music as an artist.

Ugly Devil will you f*** off trolling my posts you fruit loop. 106 notifications off you in the last day. You sad, sad man. :crazy:

You don’t feel flattered by his attention for you? :)
Why not?

Was the pop up shop easy to locate, thinking of travelling down tomorrow morning?
You will find it if you can get anywhere in Camden. It's not a huge place in the context of London.
Regards,
FWD.

It’s called pop-up “shop”.
It’s a business. Demand and supply.
You don’t have to buy a thing.
How many of these so-called fans are actually real fans in the sense they love the music?

I get the impression a lot of them, not all of course, are actually buying the stuff to make a couple of bucks and then start complaining about Moz being a greedy bastard.

I don’t care if people, so-called fans, say he is a greedy bastard.

I just love his music as an artist.
I would tend to agree.
I've spent money on rarities without feeling I'm being fleeced.
That said, there comes a point where marketing and selling can go too far and be to the detriment of the artist.
This could all be solved with a tiny bit of communication beforehand rather than surprising people on the day with £200 price tags (which does seem disproportionate compared to other signed memorabilia).
I don't think it's greed particularly, just a lot for people to afford all at once prior to Christmas.
He will always remain a writer and singer long after the brand selling & politics are gone as far as I'm concerned.
Regards,
FWD.

Fancy one of the test pressings for my collection, but 2 and half hour drive and £65 fuel and parking and still no guarantee to get one if not in the first 30 in the queue, dilemma :-(

Would someone be kind enough to post a picture of the jigsaw.
Thanks in advance.
FWD.

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom