Mozz & Morricone: "Dear God..." in studio (video)

Wow. What an amazing video. Thank you!

I actually really loved that version. I have a terrible weak spot for the violin...and live orchestras. That was beautiful to watch! Thank you again. You just made my day. :)

(P.S. The lamp Mozzer is sitting next to, I have two of them in my living room! That made me grin. Wonder who picked it out. :))

Last edited:
well hands together to Kewpie for making it possible for us all
god bless you and for your own sake get a life

Alan

Very interesting post. Great insight into 'how it was done' but deffo prefer the final studio version. This one is way too busy. Less is definitely more...

I love the way the final version uses the space between the notes to generate a sort of anxiety...kind of like Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth...kind of...lol ;-)

Wow. What an amazing video. Thank you!

I actually really loved that version. I have a terrible weak spot for the violin...and live orchestras. That was beautiful to watch! Thank you again. You just made my day. :)

(P.S. The lamp Mozzer is sitting next to, I have two of them in my living room! That made me grin. Wonder who picked it out. :))

Westendgirl, if you like violins find yourself a copy of "Reflections of My Life" by The Marmalade. I guarantee you'll love it. You need to hear a good recording of the studio version, but this will give you an idea: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oxStBMw8PM0

The lyrics are worthy of Moz. A truly great record.

Has anyone else noticed how this arrangement sounds very much like another Morricone composition, Chi Mai, which has been used in various films and TV shows - I remember it from The Life And Times Of David LLoyd George.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, thank you so much. Truly wonderful. :o

So beautiful; perfect strings - they should make an whole album togheter :)
[Morrissey & Ennio Morricone]

Bravo!

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing!

oh my god!!!! why wasnt this version put on the album!? a million times better

F*cking hell! :eek: This has to be the best post since the Suffer Little Children demo. I do think the album version is the best, but it's fascinating to see the song's construction like this. A fantastic post - thank you.

Wow! A big thank you for whoever posted this video. Absolutely amazing footage. Watching Morricone at work is like watching a master. I must say I prefer the version of this song which was on the album, but neither the less it is fascinating to see this particular work in progress.

Back
Top Bottom