Mozz & Morricone: "Dear God..." in studio (video)

Corrissey

lovable loser

westendgirl

Wow. What an amazing video. Thank you!

I actually really loved that version. I have a terrible weak spot for the violin...and live orchestras. That was beautiful to watch! Thank you again. You just made my day. :)

(P.S. The lamp Mozzer is sitting next to, I have two of them in my living room! That made me grin. Wonder who picked it out. :))

Last edited:

ALLIE WALLS

well hands together to Kewpie for making it possible for us all
god bless you and for your own sake get a life

Alan

Missing Link

Practicing Troublemaker
Very interesting post. Great insight into 'how it was done' but deffo prefer the final studio version. This one is way too busy. Less is definitely more...

I love the way the final version uses the space between the notes to generate a sort of anxiety...kind of like Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth...kind of...lol ;-)

Missing Link

Practicing Troublemaker
Wow. What an amazing video. Thank you!

I actually really loved that version. I have a terrible weak spot for the violin...and live orchestras. That was beautiful to watch! Thank you again. You just made my day. :)

(P.S. The lamp Mozzer is sitting next to, I have two of them in my living room! That made me grin. Wonder who picked it out. :))

Westendgirl, if you like violins find yourself a copy of "Reflections of My Life" by The Marmalade. I guarantee you'll love it. You need to hear a good recording of the studio version, but this will give you an idea: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oxStBMw8PM0

The lyrics are worthy of Moz. A truly great record.

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed how this arrangement sounds very much like another Morricone composition, Chi Mai, which has been used in various films and TV shows - I remember it from The Life And Times Of David LLoyd George.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

EPbabe

Guys, thank you so much. Truly wonderful. :o

Bigmouth

Scandinavian
So beautiful; perfect strings - they should make an whole album togheter :)
[Morrissey & Ennio Morricone]

mikael

mispressed
Very interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing!

MrTheEdge

westham boy
oh my god!!!! why wasnt this version put on the album!? a million times better

mozmal

Beastly Little Parasite
F*cking hell! :eek: This has to be the best post since the Suffer Little Children demo. I do think the album version is the best, but it's fascinating to see the song's construction like this. A fantastic post - thank you.

Stanley the 2nd

Wow! A big thank you for whoever posted this video. Absolutely amazing footage. Watching Morricone at work is like watching a master. I must say I prefer the version of this song which was on the album, but neither the less it is fascinating to see this particular work in progress.

Top Bottom