Moz's supposed luvvvas

Of course, that was a long time ago now. I got back out of that circle because it is NOT pretty in there.
I'd like to know what is not pretty there?!;) (I am curious...:rolleyes: )
I hope Morrissey is "prettier"...:p
By the way, who are Debbie and Charray? And when did he date them, please?

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a true 'encounter/spotting', or another piece of rubbish to throw in the bin, it DOES sound a bit unlikely that Morrissey would have SIX bouncers. - (also, i don't know if it's already been posted as it's from last year)

http://upbondageupyours.blogspot.com/2006/07/never-meet-your-idols.html

It was miserable day on Briggate. I had just decked out an LSD Christmas hologram window with diamante covered mannequins crawling across the floor dressed in haute couture festive snazz, and was stood outside checking out the display. As I stood back to check the dimensions, the structure, the placing of my masterpiece I caught the reflection behind me of six burly bounders.Unusual really, to see six beefy blokes at 11AM on a Friday in Leeds. Bet they’re hiding someone famous? I noticed one of the men was wearing a Crossroads Benny beanie hat, and the other one had a rockabilly quiff with brothel creepers. I recognised him from somewhere but couldn’t quite place him.

Out of curiosity I decided to stalk the party into the department store. Now this wasn’t any old bargain pound shop, I happened to be working for one of the top notch couture markets outside of London, let’s call it by the staff’s favourite nickname, Hairy Nipples. The store policy is that you are never under any circumstance to approach a celebrity at anytime that they are in the shop, otherwise you will be fired. When you sign your contract, you even have to sign that agreement before they’ll employ you.I was still intrigued to find out who this hidden man was nestling between the bouncers, so followed them upstairs with some hanging graphics to conceal my face. It wasn’t until they reached the underwear department that I realised exactly who the mystery man in the woolly hat was. He happened to be headlining the Town&Country Club that night. It was the man who I had spent my entire teenage years worshipping at the feet of, covered in daffodils, bitterly re-enacting scenes of Oscar Wilde in the cemetery, it was him.
What exactly are you meant to say to a man like that without sounding like an idiot fangirl?

What I really wanted to say was this: Steven Patrick, you are my life, my love, my total inspiration, and have guided me through my dark years of teenage life, giving me hope through the journey of literature that you laid down to me at an early age. If there is any small way that I can repay the favour, then don’t be afraid to say. I’ve always dreamt that one day I would meet you, and would be able to tell you in person how much a soul like you has rescued a whole generation of smalltown nobodies like me. Thanks Morrissey, from the bottom of my heart.

I would then peck him on the cheek, he would give me a hug and say ‘Thanks, that really means a great deal to me. Here’s a VIP ticket to my show tonight. You know what, why don’t you come along and hang out with me in Los Angeles, I’m sure you and Nancy Sinatra would get along a treat!’

I had this dream of who he was in my head. You build up these people, stack up your idols, and when you find out they are just as much of an idiot as you and me, then it breaks your heart.As I peered at Morrissey through the Prada underpant shelves, I could see the security guards watching over me, one of them said ‘We know you are following him. Stop it before we grass you up love.’

From what I could see from my overhead view, and this was look don’t touch, he was leafing through the silk underwear with Boz Boorer (his guitarist) and a very camp suntanned lizard who I presumed to be his boyfriend. This was the first time I realised that Morrissey is infact 100% gay, and not straight, and definitely not celibate. Morrissey is also partial to very expensive designer clothing, and does not, contrary to popular belief wear Oxfam shirts. He is also very handsome in the flesh, but he works on that suntan.

It was an Ally McBeal moment, but I kept stalking the f***er some more. It was shattering my dreams just seeing him there in the flesh, he’s only ever been a thought in my head. But he was there and for real, and I saw him spend £2000 on designer underpants. That’s Morrissey the whole hog. He sells the poverty dream to you and me, makes the money, then wallows like a f***ing fat cat in LA, spending my hard earned pounds on 4 pairs of silk underpants totalling £2000 in Hairy Nipples.The dream was dead.

As I saw my once favourite miserablist hand over his Amex Gold Card, my love affair with him was over. I sat on the steps to the store and played with my rotten shoelaces, thinking how can something so special be ruined so quickly, and so out of the blue?When I got home, I chucked out Viva Hate through the bedroom window, as it smashed on the concrete below I said my last goodbyes to the man I always loved but never met.

If I'm really honest, I always said to myself I don't want to know what he's doing in his private life because I knew I would read stories like that. Artists..... after a couple of years of richness you become like that automatically - to spend such an amount of money for just 4 underpants and thinking it's normal. Money doesn't have a meaning for you anymore....

And I always said to myself I really never want to meet Morrissey in private because he wouldn't like me (I'm serious) and I'd be disappointed after all. I want to keep him in my mind as he is for me at the moment: my favourite artist. I never want to know how he is in real life. He's not a saint. No one is. What did Linder say about him? "He's nasty in print. But he can be even nastier out of print." And I couldn't bear it at the end.

Sometimes it's better not to meet his idol... because it might happen he's no longer an idol after the encounter.

I don't know if this is a true 'encounter/spotting', or another piece of rubbish to throw in the bin, it DOES sound a bit unlikely that Morrissey would have SIX bouncers. - (also, i don't know if it's already been posted as it's from last year)

It was miserable day on Briggate. I had just decked out an LSD Christmas hologram window with diamante covered mannequins crawling across the floor dressed in haute couture festive snazz, and was stood outside checking out the display. As I stood back to check the dimensions, the structure, the placing of my masterpiece I caught the reflection behind me of six burly bounders.Unusual really, to see six beefy blokes at 11AM on a Friday in Leeds. Bet they’re hiding someone famous? I noticed one of the men was wearing a Crossroads Benny beanie hat, and the other one had a rockabilly quiff with brothel creepers. I recognised him from somewhere but couldn’t quite place him.

Out of curiosity I decided to stalk the party into the department store. Now this wasn’t any old bargain pound shop, I happened to be working for one of the top notch couture markets outside of London, let’s call it by the staff’s favourite nickname, Hairy Nipples. The store policy is that you are never under any circumstance to approach a celebrity at anytime that they are in the shop, otherwise you will be fired. When you sign your contract, you even have to sign that agreement before they’ll employ you.I was still intrigued to find out who this hidden man was nestling between the bouncers, so followed them upstairs with some hanging graphics to conceal my face. It wasn’t until they reached the underwear department that I realised exactly who the mystery man in the woolly hat was. He happened to be headlining the Town&Country Club that night. It was the man who I had spent my entire teenage years worshipping at the feet of, covered in daffodils, bitterly re-enacting scenes of Oscar Wilde in the cemetery, it was him.
What exactly are you meant to say to a man like that without sounding like an idiot fangirl?

What I really wanted to say was this: Steven Patrick, you are my life, my love, my total inspiration, and have guided me through my dark years of teenage life, giving me hope through the journey of literature that you laid down to me at an early age. If there is any small way that I can repay the favour, then don’t be afraid to say. I’ve always dreamt that one day I would meet you, and would be able to tell you in person how much a soul like you has rescued a whole generation of smalltown nobodies like me. Thanks Morrissey, from the bottom of my heart.

I would then peck him on the cheek, he would give me a hug and say ‘Thanks, that really means a great deal to me. Here’s a VIP ticket to my show tonight. You know what, why don’t you come along and hang out with me in Los Angeles, I’m sure you and Nancy Sinatra would get along a treat!’

I had this dream of who he was in my head. You build up these people, stack up your idols, and when you find out they are just as much of an idiot as you and me, then it breaks your heart.As I peered at Morrissey through the Prada underpant shelves, I could see the security guards watching over me, one of them said ‘We know you are following him. Stop it before we grass you up love.’

From what I could see from my overhead view, and this was look don’t touch, he was leafing through the silk underwear with Boz Boorer (his guitarist) and a very camp suntanned lizard who I presumed to be his boyfriend. This was the first time I realised that Morrissey is infact 100% gay, and not straight, and definitely not celibate. Morrissey is also partial to very expensive designer clothing, and does not, contrary to popular belief wear Oxfam shirts. He is also very handsome in the flesh, but he works on that suntan.

It was an Ally McBeal moment, but I kept stalking the f***er some more. It was shattering my dreams just seeing him there in the flesh, he’s only ever been a thought in my head. But he was there and for real, and I saw him spend £2000 on designer underpants. That’s Morrissey the whole hog. He sells the poverty dream to you and me, makes the money, then wallows like a f***ing fat cat in LA, spending my hard earned pounds on 4 pairs of silk underpants totalling £2000 in Hairy Nipples.The dream was dead.

As I saw my once favourite miserablist hand over his Amex Gold Card, my love affair with him was over. I sat on the steps to the store and played with my rotten shoelaces, thinking how can something so special be ruined so quickly, and so out of the blue?When I got home, I chucked out Viva Hate through the bedroom window, as it smashed on the concrete below I said my last goodbyes to the man I always loved but never met.

Good story, but Moz doesn't peddle a 'poverty dream'.

I wudn't really want to know whats going on Mozzer's private life. After all, it's not really the reason I started liking him in the first place.

Hmmm. Seems to me the writer had a bit of an agenda there. Why would you suddenly hate someone that much because of what they bought in a shop? Not sure I believe any of it.

I don't think he's ever pretended to live in poverty or represent poverty stricken people, he's given people a lot of pleasure with his music so I think he's entitled to lots of money and to enjoy spending it:p

I'd like to know what is not pretty there?!;) (I am curious...:rolleyes: )
I hope Morrissey is "prettier"...:p
By the way, who are Debbie and Charray? And when did he date them, please?

It depends on what your values/moral code is but

- The underbelly is very unpretty, famous people's friends who are by any other name criminals and nasty ones at that

- People's attiudes. I never met any truly nice celebs, funnily enough with the exception of Moz. I'm sure this is the same everywhere but there are MASSIVE chips on shoulders everywhere.

- Heavy drug use, obviously

- And just the fake-ness of people's character. Again, I'm sure this is true anywhere but you're only of interest if you're of use.

Debbie, is Debbie Dannell. Look out for her in album sleeve notes or ask Jo Slee about her should you ever get the chance.

Charray I don't know but Murray was Moz's press officer/sidekick while at EMI.

- The underbelly is very unpretty, famous people's friends who are by any other name criminals and nasty ones at that

- People's attiudes. I never met any truly nice celebs, funnily enough with the exception of Moz. I'm sure this is the same everywhere but there are MASSIVE chips on shoulders everywhere.

- And just the fake-ness of people's character. Again, I'm sure this is true anywhere but you're only of interest if you're of use.

Debbie, is Debbie Dannell. Look out for her in album sleeve notes or ask Jo Slee about her should you ever get the chance.

Have you ever heard of Tina Deghani or Rosalyn Ashton? Someone mentioned them once in relation to Morrissey.

Thanks for ypur anwer!;) Oh my god, those people seem horrible...Have I understood well, Johnny Marr is like those people?

I don't know why that person in the department store would really be so surprised/shocked that Morrissey spends a lot of money. We all know he has millions...but I don't think he has nearly enough compared to some musicians like McCartney or some new teeny boppers.
I wouldn't be so disapointed if I saw him spend 2000 pounds on underwear..he never claimed to be a humanitarian, and I can't see how he 'appeals to the poor' at all...If anything, Morrissey's songs are very self analytical etc etc etc

(...)

From what I could see from my overhead view, and this was look don’t touch, he was leafing through the silk underwear with Boz Boorer (his guitarist) and a very camp suntanned lizard who I presumed to be his boyfriend. This was the first time I realised that Morrissey is infact 100% gay, and not straight, and definitely not celibate.
Well, here it is, why is everyone discussing Morrissey's sexuality, here we have the definite proof that Morrissey is gay! LMAO :D :D

Morrissey is also partial to very expensive designer clothing, and does not, contrary to popular belief wear Oxfam shirts. He is also very handsome in the flesh, but he works on that suntan.

OMG Morrissey has money!! OMG Morrissey dresses well! He doesn't live in a cardboard box and isn't wearing rags!! What a shock!! That's it, we should all chuck our Moz CDs out of the window...:rolleyes:

Nah, posters just become cynical about people who try to claim extra knowledge when they've made it patently obvious they have none.
Exactly.

Here's a another example of That's Enough For Me's "inside info", from an earlier thread:

Moz had a girlfriend in his late teens. He had another one in his early 20's. Both lasted, both were sexual relationships.

Moz has had one or two 'special' friends of both genders along the way as well. One around the time of Vauxhall, one around the time of Kill Uncle, one around the time of Maladjusted and one around the time of his move to LA.
That could have been written by any of the 90% people on this forum, or by anybody who has read Severed Alliance, Moz's letters to Robert Mackie, and Morrissey's interview in The Guardian in 1997, and who's heard various rumours about him. I could now name 20 different people who were speculated to be his luvvas and then claim that I know it because I'm in some 'inside circle'. :rolleyes:

So basically, TEFM knows some people in Manchester who know some people etc. and he's heard some gossip about Morrissey from people who have heard it from people. Very impressive.

Last edited:
very condescending post. You seem to think you are the keeper of Morrissey knowledge
Really? :D Thank you for that info, I wasn't aware I thought that, but you know better. Or maybe you've just confused me with That's Enough For Me. I never claimed to know anything more than anyone else who's read Morrisseys's interviews, read his bios etc.

Last edited:
So has anyone ever heard of Rosalyn Ashton? Or of any other of Morrisseys' "friends"?

Never heard of her before. I just googled her name though -- is she a designer? This is the web site that came up:

http://www.hw.ac.uk/sotWWW/exhib00/Rosalyn*shton/RosalynAston.html

For the person upthread who asked when might have Moz been seeing Debbie Dannell (allegedly): she accompanied him on his visit to Chile in 2000, and was described in the press as "Morrissey's blonde assistant". Hmmm, Moz seems to like those blonde assistants, doesn't he (reportedly)? Don't mind me, I'm just slightly envious :)

Last edited:
For the person upthread who asked when might have Moz been seeing Debbie Dannell (allegedly): she accompanied him on his visit to Chile in 2000, and was described in the press as "Morrissey's blonde assistant". Hmmm, Moz seems to like those blonde assistants, doesn't he (reportedly)? Don't mind me, I'm just slightly envious :)
Oh thanks!:)
By the way, for a self confessed lonely soul, I think he has had many friends...:rolleyes:

Never heard of her before. I just googled her name though -- is she a designer? This is the web site that came up:

Debbie Dannell was Morrissey's hairdresser and later his personal assistant. He also mentioned her as one of his best friends, besides Jake and Linder, in this 1994 interview:

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1994/homme.htm

That was a very interesting article, thanks for the link!

The accompanying photo is stunning too:
elvspuzz.jpg

I don't know why that person in the department store would really be so surprised/shocked that Morrissey spends a lot of money. We all know he has millions...but I don't think he has nearly enough compared to some musicians like McCartney or some new teeny boppers.
I wouldn't be so disapointed if I saw him spend 2000 pounds on underwear..he never claimed to be a humanitarian, and I can't see how he 'appeals to the poor' at all...If anything, Morrissey's songs are very self analytical etc etc etc
Even if he claimed to be a humanitarian and if he talked about the poverty and hunger in the world all the time, like Bono or Bob Geldof, it would be utterly irrelevant whether he buys cheap or expensive suit. One way or the other, it would make absolutely no difference to the poor. Unless you expect him to actually give all his money to the homeless or something :p That is a really naive concept, nobody does that. (And BTW I mean you would literally have to go to all the poor people and give them your money - when you give money to charity, you never know in whose pockets/bank accounts it may end.)

(off-topic: That's why all the people who criticize Bono or Geldof on the grounds that "they are so rich" are wrong. Whatever we may think of their public personas or their sincerity or the usefulness/uselessness of what they do, their own financial standing has little to do with it. And saying "they could have sold the world hunger with their own money" is just plain ridiculous, all those rock stars put together would not be nearly rich or powerful enough to solve the problems of such magnitude.)

I'd be more concerned about the person who posted that on the blog. What?? Throwing Viva Hate away? Those things cost!! Couldn't you sell it at ebay, you moron?! Have you got money to burn?! Maybe you could have used that money to give it to the poor... :rolleyes: And chucking it out of the window? You could have injured someone, you silly sod!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I don't know if that was her. Someone just mentioned her once as a girlfriend of Morrisseys'. I've never seen her. The other girl, Tina, is more interesting, though. She was thanked on YATQ as well as on Southpaw Grammer (I think).
And is the blonde girl in the IBEH video, apparently. Although, I've no idea who she's supposed to be in that vid!

Back
Top Bottom