Moz's Birthday in about 5 months. Wat u doing? Buying? Sighing?

I teach 4th grade and last year on Morrissey's Birthday I almost had a heart attack as I crossed the playground and encountered a 10 or 11 year old girl in a Morrissey shirt! I stopped her and said, "Oh my God are you wearing a Morrissey shirt?" I couldn't believe my own eyes and had to have it confirmed. She said "Yes!" I said "Do you know it's his Birthday?" I was so excited to have found a kindred spirit at work even if it was a student. I continued with, "Is that why you are wearing it?"
I was crushed when she said, "No." and walked away. Here I was so excited to have a conversation with someone, anyone about my idol on his birthday, only to be crushed. She probably got it at the Goodwill...:p

Peter is your "If I'm addicted to anything, it's Marmite an English Patient reference? In the movie Kristen Scott Thomas says, "And Marmite, I'm addicted.." Just curious as it is my favorite movie...

Re: Moz's Birthday in about 5 weeks. Wat u doing? Buying? Sighing?

I teach 4th grade and last year on Morrissey's Birthday I almost had a heart attack as I crossed the playground and encountered a 10 or 11 year old girl in a Morrissey shirt! I stopped her and said, "Oh my God are you wearing a Morrissey shirt?" I couldn't believe my own eyes and had to have it confirmed. She said "Yes!" I said "Do you know it's his Birthday?" I was so excited to have found a kindred spirit at work even if it was a student. I continued with, "Is that why you are wearing it?"
I was crushed when she said, "No." and walked away. Here I was so excited to have a conversation with someone, anyone about my idol on his birthday, only to be crushed. She probably got it at the Goodwill...:p
Well just because she wasn't aware it was his birthday doesn't mean she doesn't love his music!

Let's see, his birthday is the same as my best friends, so on her B-day cake, her name will be accompanied by Morrissey's, and Paul Weller's (May 25) and Noel Gallagher's (May 29)...

Peter is your "If I'm addicted to anything, it's Marmite an English Patient reference? In the movie Kristen Scott Thomas says, "And Marmite, I'm addicted.." Just curious as it is my favorite movie...

No, I just said it because I love Marmite. Nice quotation though. We have one of those 'on-demand' movie things, so I'll watch the English Patient today.

Peter

My Mom's birthday is May 21st - but that's my last day of class, so I may be celebrating her birthday on his birthday (2 for 1!).:) Or I may celebrate neither until that Sunday, as I work every day until then.:rolleyes: I don't know what either of them wants.:p

I shall be getting out of school that day aswell, so i have two reasons to party!

Thinking of him and hopefully by then wearing a t shirt with his
name on it and of course, as usual, posting a Happy Birthday message to him here and wishing I had a "real address" to send a card to him.....

I will listen to his music. So basically- same shit, different day :)

I will, however, tell my daughter it's his b-day (my dh won't care) and e-mail a few non-solo/Moz-liking friends :D They haven't been reminded in awhile of my obsession :D

I'm gonna make some good jello in honour of his birthday.
and then eat it all myself. :cool:

Jello

Claim: JELL-O is made from bones and hides.

Origins: Sometimes the most innocuous of foodstuffs contain constituents whose origins are less than appetizing. Such is the case with JELL-O, a dessert that has graced millions of dinner tables since its 1897 debut.

Underneath JELL-O's jiggly wholesomeness lurks a secret many consumers are disconcerted to learn: JELL-O is made from gelatin, an animal product rendered from the hides and bones of animals.

The production of gelatin starts with the boiling of bones, skins, and hides of cows and pigs, a process that releases the protein-rich collagen from animal tissues. The collagen is boiled and filtered numerous times, dried, and ground to a powder. Because the collagen is processed extensively, the final product is not categorized as a meat or animal product by the federal government. Very strict vegetarians avoid gelatin entirely, but more permissive vegetarians have no problem including JELL-O in their diets.

JELL-O products account for about 80 percent of the gelatin market.

Popular belief has it that gelatin comes from horses' and cows' hooves. Kraft, the maker of JELL-O, asserts that hooves do not contain the necessary collagen and therefore are not used in the production of its JELL-O brand gelatin product.

All meat eaters are bad

ha ha - here we go again :D

Moz's birthday is important - the best one was 2004, driving up to Manchester for the "comeback gig" at the MEN - great day, great gig, lots of tears.

This year it would be lovely to go to a Morrissey event but i dont think there is anything going on in London that night - perhaps we should / could make our own? Hire a pub, drink booze, play Unhappy Birthday?

ha ha - here we go again :D ...

... perhaps we should / could make our own? Hire a pub, drink booze, play Unhappy Birthday?

Hehe, yes, meat eaters should be oven-ated and then put in vegetable dripping ;)

That's a top idea -hire - drink - sing ... what else! Top notch :) x

Back
Top Bottom