Mozipedia - your thoughts?

LAWeekly comments on the US release:

"British journalist Simon Goddard's Mozipedia: The Encyclopedia Of Morrissey And The Smiths was recently released in the US. And seeing as how we were once his neighbors (maybe still are, occasionally, even if he disses us in interviews), West Coast Sound combed through the book's more-than 500 pages to find the L.A.-related items in between antidepressants and Oscar Wilde.

While the sources/bibliography section includes our 2007 cover story, Moz the Cat, by former LA Weekly music editor Kate Sullivan and Cry: The Johnnie Ray Story, by contributor Jonny Whiteside, here are some of the lengthier entries:

Los Angeles -- His former home, muse and reason for going out into the sun. Goddard gives us a whole page (in addition to photos of Moz at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and the Observatory), with shout-outs to Book Soup, Amoeba, Sunset Marquis Hotel and, of course, his old, four-bedroom Spanish villa on North Sweetzer in West Hollywood. Been there, seen that..."
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2010/11/mozipedia_morrissey_encyclopedia.php

One of the most important and most cherished books in my entire collection, along with Kafka's Diaries.
Desert Island-material.

Does anyone have that photo of Moz lying by the "Smith" tomb that's in Mozipedia? I love that photo but can't find it anywhere.

mojo-1.jpg

This one?

Ooh thanks! I don't have that one either. But I should have specified. The one from 2004 when he was at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. It's in Mozipedia and I can't find it on the web anywhere.

4626912469_d5944a5db9_o.jpg

have another graveyard shot, for nowt ~

4627434008_2ac18e7d1c_b.jpg

textbookemail.jpg

Apparently Amazon.com considers Mozipedia to be a textbook. I'd like to know how I can register for this course.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Mozipedia ... Anyone read this?

Had it since the release date, but probably not read a single word of it..

Re: Mozipedia ...anyone read this?

I just placed an order but was wondering if anyone here has read it or if anyone knows a link where someone has reviewed it... Besides the amazon reviews :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mozipedia-Encyclopaedia-Morrissey-Simon-Goddard/dp/0091927099

I have it and really like it. I loved reading about each of the members from the smiths. It was very interesting and I like the author's writing style. There are some reviews here:http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5936327-mozipedia

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I think it's a very good book, even though I disagree with a lot of Goddard's critiques. In particular, I think he's way too rough on poor Alain Whyte, dismissing his compositions as too facile or too eager to please or whatever.

Still absolutely essential for any Morrissey fan.

I think it's a very good book, even though I disagree with a lot of Goddard's critiques. In particular, I think he's way too rough on poor Alain Whyte, dismissing his compositions as too facile or too eager to please or whatever.

Still absolutely essential for any Morrissey fan.

It's the only book about Morrissey which interests me

Tags
mozipedia unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom