Mozipedia - your thoughts?

It's the book I would have dreamed to write myself if I could write English properly.
High praise indeed.
I'm loving it, each new page elicits fresh gems, like Kevin Armstrong talking about the Hook End seance Moz conducted during the 'Ouija Board, Ouija Board' sessions. I don't agree with the people who've said that Simon hates solo Moz. The bits I've read so far seem very complimentary ~ he raves quite astutely about 'On The Streets I Ran' and 'One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell'.

Overall: A fantastic book. Well done. Thanks.

What we are missing:
List of tours, tour dates, setlists, information about venues, Rome, more small intries. Like "Shirts", "Prada" etc.

Overall: A fantastic book. Well done. Thanks.

What we are missing:
List of tours, tour dates, setlists, information about venues, Rome, more small intries. Like "Shirts", "Prada" etc.

You can find most of that info (tour dates and setlists) from this site / passions webiste.
If you imagine The Smiths & Morrissey have performed how many hundred gigs? Well there is another how many hundred pages to add to the book..... just not possible

Jukebox Jury

Was at Saltaire gallery today and they had a copy which me and my dad looked through as mum and brother and our two house guests gazed at paintings and sketches.

It looked really really good, and something to just dip into.

I was especially intrigued by the mention of some unreleased songs of which I had not heard the title before such as 'Nightmare' and 'Sharp Turn, Fast Car, Goodbye'.

Will be ordering my copy soon!

Love PTxx.

Was at Saltaire gallery today and they had a copy which me and my dad looked through as mum and brother and our two house guests gazed at paintings and sketches.

It looked really really good, and something to just dip into.

I was especially intrigued by the mention of some unreleased songs of which I had not heard the title before such as 'Nightmare' and 'Sharp Turn, Fast Car, Goodbye'.

Will be ordering my copy soon!

Love PTxx.

Saltaire Gallery, eh? A routine stop-off point on a bike-ride. Nice place.

Peter

Saltaire Gallery, eh? A routine stop-off point on a bike-ride. Nice place.

Peter

It was really nice, we went there and then to Fanny's Ale and Cider House for a pint before heading up to Haworth for a walk along the main street and the church yard, great weather too!

Love PTxx.

It was really nice, we went there and then to Fanny's Ale and Cider House for a pint before heading up to Haworth for a walk along the main street and the church yard, great weather too!

Love PTxx.

Fannys - the place lives up to its name if you go into the back room and look at the artwork at the back. A real eye-opener. As for Haworth - why didn't you say? I live at the top of Haworth.

Peter

Love PTxx.

Whenever I watch 'Rita Sue & Bob Too' I love the Haworth scene, slapping each other walking down the cobbled street:D

Jukebox Jury

Fannys - the place lives up to its name if you go into the back room and look at the artwork at the back. A real eye-opener. As for Haworth - why didn't you say? I live at the top of Haworth.

Peter

I would have mentioned it but I only found out we were going when my Dad woke me from a deep slumbet at half 10 this morning and before I knew it we were right in the car.

Fanny's was pretty good - we sat in the front in the sun light room - I wish we could have stayed longe rin Haworth but we got there at about 4 and didn't have much time as we needed to drive back into Leeds and set up a BBQ before darkness fell.

Was a good day all in all and next time I come to Haworth I shall let you know! :thumb:

Love PTxx.

Whenever I watch 'Rita Sue & Bob Too' I love the Haworth scene, slapping each other walking down the cobbled street:D

Jukebox Jury

The best thing set in Haworth has to be the television adaptations of the Railway Children, I always seem to watch it at Christmas and love it simply because of Haworth!

Love PTxx.

Says it was the ''most obvious song'' written about Morrissey and Johnny.....

Jukebox Jury

i did find it , i came on to say it but i knew there would be someone somewhere with a big ....:squiffy:

Yep, twice, very kind words. Morrissey-solo and David Tseng are also mentioned in the same vein.

Anyone hesitating about it should just get the book. It's huge, there's so much stuff in there it must have taken forever to write, correct, proof-read, correct again. It brings together everything that touches the world of Morrissey. And it's not only information that we've seen before... By writing Mozipedia, Goddard managed to fit in all the loose information (gathered from his many interviews with people who have worked with Morrissey) that couldn't find a place in his other book.

It's the book I would have dreamed to write myself if I could write English properly.

Stephane

your site is amzing and i think you do have it in you to produce similar

This is a really fascinating book. I found the Spencer entry really interesting. I didn’t realise that he and Morrissey had departed on such bad terms.

I‘ve always found the period when Spencer and Gary where replaced by Jonny Bridgwood and Woodie Taylor a bit confusing. Supposedly they where both replaced because of their bad behaviour (late night drinking and arriving puffy-eyed and hangover for video shoots) then they where brought back in for one session then replaced again and then finally brought back in on a more permanent bases, until they left on their own accord. It makes it difficult to workout who worked on which songs.

Glad that the book seems to be getting mainly positive reviews on here. Came onto this fair site to get some reliable opinions on it after reading it at work earlier. I'll buy it tomorrow.

So I ordered a copy now but it will take two weeks to come off Amazon. So would anyone mind telling me about some of the unreleased song info that seems to be new. I'm especially interested in this song Nightmare which I have never heard of.

My English e-friend Garry went to the Lattitude Festival last weekend and Goddard gave a talk there about the book. He said he was very suspicious about the book going in, but left the talk very enthusiastic about seeing it! He said Goddard mentioned an annecdote about Moz lunching with Henry Winkler which was especially amusing.

(I told him he should post a review of the talk on here, but he said the Forums scare him. lol)

Anyone in the US recommend a site for getting this book at a reasonable price? It's pretty expensive on Amazon US. Thanks.
I think it's not actually published stateside yet. What you're seeing on Amazon US and other US sites right now is likely an import version, hence the high price and the delayed availability. If you want a better deal, I think you'll have to wait until a domestic version is published or a paperback version of the import is available.

Last edited:
Tags
mozipedia unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom