Mozipedia - What have you learnt?

I've been looking for this book online but it seems it's only available overseas (I am in the US). Anyone know if it'll be released worldwide, or at least out of the UK? I could buy it through amazon.co.uk but I'm being cheap and trying to find it domestically because of the exchange rate ;) Thanks!!

I tell you, I never knew that Moz likes his bluegrass and creole music... Still can't quite get my head around that one.

I tell you, I never knew that Moz likes his bluegrass and creole music... Still can't quite get my head around that one.

Morrissey loves rockabilly which is somewhat related to bluegrass and creole music.

I've been looking for this book online but it seems it's only available overseas (I am in the US). Anyone know if it'll be released worldwide, or at least out of the UK? I could buy it through amazon.co.uk but I'm being cheap and trying to find it domestically because of the exchange rate ;) Thanks!!

It is quite easily available in Sweden and in swedish web-shops.. Baffling that it's not available in the US. :crazy:

Re: Mozipedia

It is quite easily available in Sweden and in swedish web-shops.. Baffling that it's not available in the US.

Distribution channels in EU and US are different, as simple as that.

Hopefully a US publishing deal will be signed soon.

True - I will probably end up purchasing it overseas - I'm not usually one for patience :)

Ah... Naturally.

I got it overseas.

I found it amusing, worth the purchase but didn't match my expectations.

You must have had some perverse expectations.

I doubt it will be printed in the US & if you were to find it on an import shelf state-side, the retailer likely marks-up imports beyond the exchange rate... a "convenience premium." I found a few US sites that were importing copies, but it was cheaper to order from amazon.co.uk (exchange rate and all....)

From the not-always-reliable Wikipedia:

"The American edition of Mozipedia will be published by Penguin (USA) in autumn 2010"

On the Joan Armatrading thing again, (I went to her concert at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday BTW), I see that her new album is titled "This Charming Life". Not surprisingly at least one reviewer on Amazon got it wrong and typed "This Charming Man". Maybe when "Armatradapedia" is written there'll be an entry on how Joan was influenced by Moz.

That there was serious issues regarding songwriting between Boz and Alain.

Both were competitive at getting as many songs as possible on the records.

Also that both played very little on songs composed by the other

Morrissey loves rockabilly which is somewhat related to bluegrass and creole music.

When he was in New Orleans in 1992 he bought tons of jazz, creole, and Zydeco from a store named Record Ron's.

That there was serious issues regarding songwriting between Boz and Alain.

Both were competitive at getting as many songs as possible on the records.

Also that both played very little on songs composed by the other

So what's the implication in that? That they were both just after the money, and that they don't even like each other?

Jayzis. That book is really a must-read. :rolleyes:

I just bought Mozipedia the other day and I have to say I'm learning quite a lot from it! Very interesting reading.

When he was in New Orleans in 1992 he bought tons of jazz, creole, and Zydeco from a store named Record Ron's.

Funny he bought Jazz. On the Late Late show.. either with Kilbourne or Ferguson.. can't remember which but the host said he liked Jazz and Moz said, "It's going nowhere."

Funny he bought Jazz. On the Late Late show.. either with Kilbourne or Ferguson.. can't remember which but the host said he liked Jazz and Moz said, "It's going nowhere."

This is shameful I know but I haven't bought the book yet!!!!
I thought I would wait for it to go down in value
I want to know more.
Damn I must buy it,
please some one give me more tasters, especially gossip, music film sources.
Damn I am poor this months as well!

PS stanley Baxter was in a film called Home to Danger. " rush home to danger wind up nowhere"

Last edited:
That Morrissey is just as picky about food as me (if not more so). :p

I was delighted to discover that too. At least now I can try to justify my own aversion to curries and chilli (something I've often been ridiculed for) by saying "well, Morrissey doesn't like them either!". :)

This photo is from wikipedia it's the house on Palatine Road that once was Factory Records and (brielfy) Johnny Marr's house.
225px-86palatineroad.jpg

Flat one is ground floor on the left as we look at it - that was Factory records office. When I lived there the cellars were full of old Factory stuff. Probably worth a fortune these days...
I lived in flat 6, top floor - the small square windows at the top right of the pic.

Whilst I lived there it was temporarily used as a film set for 24 hour party people - I met Tony Wilson and Steve Coogan dressed as Tony Wilson :D

Happy days... I didn't have kids... rode a classic motorbike...

Dave

That's amazing, Dave. You lucky thing! A piece of Smiths history...

I learned from the Mozipedia that his favourite musical instrument is the drums, his favourite movie circa 1992 was "Romper Stomper", and he believes in ghosts.

Also (during the Smiths era, at least) Morrissey would wash all his clothes by hand in the bathtub. And that we wore Marks & Spencer underpants. :o

Back
Top Bottom