Mozipedia - What have you learnt?

Dave2006

I've only managed to get through A and a little bit of B, but I've leant a couple of things that I never knew:

I never knew that Joan Armatrading was a source for inspiration and lifting lyrics.

It completely passed me by that he won an Ivor Novello for Outstanding Contribution to Music in 1998

I had no idea that Morrissey is supposed to look like Stanley Baldwin :lbf:
dave600.450.1.jpg

So, what nuggets have you learnt?

Dave

Mrs F is a Joan Armatrading fan, so we knew about that. I was constantly suprised by the film and literary references, they had nearly all passed me by.

Peter

if you drop it on your foot it hurts ....:blushing: fact :(

It also hurts when it's on top of a stack of books on your radiator next to the couch and you try to get at one of the books under it and it falls down and hits your head. :blushing:

Eh, the whole section about food was news to me... well, probably just to me? :o

Erm, I've not got my copy of Mozipedia yet, but isn't that Stanley Baker? ;)

Sorry. You are right. Morrissey looks nothing like a Tory leader. Doh!

But he looks nothing like the photo of Stanley Baker, either :lbf:

Dave

'Hell Drivers' (1957), directed by Cy Endfield, co-starring Patrick McGoohan, Herbert Lom and Sean Connery. Cracking little film about dirty truckers!

Sorry. You are right. Morrissey looks nothing like a Tory leader. Doh!

But he looks nothing like the photo of Stanley Baker, either :lbf:

Dave

Yes, not the best pic to illustrate the supposed similarity.

This one is a bit more on the money, I think:

stanley_baker200.jpg

I've learnt that, if you try to throw Morrissey into a swimming pool, he will scream about his perforated eardrums until you put him down and leave him alone.

Good to know.

I never knew that Joan Armatrading was a source for inspiration and lifting lyrics.

:confused: Joan Who? 'Never heard of her! :eek:
Bloody hell, tis a bit of a shock. I need a cuppa. :straightface:

Morrissey likes eating white things.

John Garfield inspiration for ROTT (I was rewding his little potted biog on the toilet this morning)

The Cockney Rejects bassist was related to Jack the Hat McVitie

I'm up to 'D' now

I didn't know that Joe Dallesandro was on the cover of Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers as well as The Smiths.

RSSF71.jpg

But then I don't scour wiki either:
A Warhol photograph of the large crotch bulge of Dallesandro's tight blue jeans graces the famous cover of the Rolling Stones album Sticky Fingers. Dallesandro explained to biographer Michael Ferguson, “It was just out of a collection of junk photos that Andy pulled from. He didn't pull it out for the design or anything, it was just the first one he got that he felt was the right shape to fit what he wanted to use for the fly.” The 1980s British band The Smiths would later use a still photograph of Dallesandro from the film Flesh as the cover of their eponymous debut album.​

Dave

I haven't read the book, but I've heard from people that have that he writes a great deal about the 1960s band Herman's Hermits of whom Morrissey is a big fan of. What exactly does he say about HH?

I've learnt that, if you try to throw Morrissey into a swimming pool, he will scream about his perforated eardrums until you put him down and leave him alone.

Good to know.

Morrissey has perforated eardrums? So he was like that kid at the pool in the summertime who was always swimming around that had cotton balls melting out of his ears because they couldn't get wet? :eek: There was ALWAYS one of those little boys around, how strange.

I've walked into my university bookstore for about the last 6 weeks randomly checking the music section, and surely enough I see this book there today. Bought it, will start reading tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom