Mozette Meeting with Morrissey (14.06.11, Dundee)

Mozette writes:

I first met Morrissey 25 years ago at the tender age of 14 and it changed my life.

Back then there were no camera phones but I did get him to sign my 12 inch copy of The Boy with the thorn in his side (still my prized possession).

~I was lucky enough to appear in Dickie Felton's book - The Day I met Morrissey and have a chapter of my own.

Yesterday I had the great honour of meeting Morrissey again as he was rehearsing for the tour in Dundee which as you know kicks off in Perth tonight (only a few hours to go!!)

After waiting for 2 and a half hours at the stage door of the Caird Hall he arrived (after an unscheduled and accidental crossing of the Tay Bridge) by bus.

I asked him to sign my book which he did and my hubby took a snap he also shook his hand!
It was somewhat surreal as Morrissey did not speak - I guess he was saving his amazing voice to treat us all later!​

img_1554.jpg

img_1551.jpg

img_1159.jpg

img_1158.jpg

img_0324.jpg

img_0321.jpg

Last edited:
Good for you Mozette! Always great when meeting "The Man". I can say, the 2 times I met him(one is documented in the book, 'The Smiths Are Dead Boys"), Morrissey is a sweetheart of a guy, and could not have been nicer to me both times. He's a class act in my book, and ALWAYS will be. (He even remembered me the second time: " You're that BIG something?" (me to moz: "Big Jeff") Moz:'Right, Big Jeff, how are you?"). Was lucky rnough to have chatted with him for over an hour both times, and both times, he was just awesome.

Oh, he had no problem whatsoever signing any Smiths, or Morrissey stuff we asked him to that day, and he couldn't have been any kinder to us. He even said we could come back, "anytime we wanted".

Good for you again Dear.......Im glad you got to meet him again, and he signed your book., sounds like a wonderful day for you? i dont blame you for being ecstatic, I wouldve been too. :thumb:

Good for you Mozette! Always great when meeting "The Man". I can say, the 2 times I met him(one is documented in the book, 'The Smiths Are Dead Boys"), Morrissey is a sweetheart of a guy, and could not have been nicer to me both times. He's a class act in my book, and ALWAYS will be. (He even remembered me the second time: " You're that BIG something?" (me to moz: "Big Jeff") Moz:'Right, Big Jeff, how are you?"). Was lucky rnough to have chatted with him for over an hour both times, and both times, he was just awesome.

Oh, he had no problem whatsoever signing any Smiths, or Morrissey stuff we asked him to that day, and he couldn't have been any kinder to us. He even said we could come back, "anytime we wanted".

Good for you again Dear.......Im glad you got to meet him again, and he signed your book., sounds like a wonderful day for you? i dont blame you for being ecstatic, I wouldve been too. :thumb:

Can't the not speaking in this case and during the concert be caused by the poor reception of the three new songs..?

If you were only 14 when you met him, it must have been a lot longer than 25 years ago.

If you were only 14 when you met him, it must have been a lot longer than 25 years ago. You're looking rough.

"BACK OFF
Morrissey Fan".

Weirdly, that's SO much more appropriate than:

"Back Off.
Morrissey Fan"

Who's the Morrissey Fan? The person in the Nissan Micra or the person behind it?

Oh, I'm such a pedant. :blushing:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom