Moz vs. Axl, who's cut short more shows?

I wonder why Axl Even has a career after the Rest of G'N"R walked away from his pathetic ass

Axl Rose is crazy, but I really like the music.

Oh and to keep on topic, there is no way Morrissey even comes close to ending as many shows as Axl and has surely never caused a riot!

As far as I know it is finished and being mixed, and the band is on a world tour.

Sadly, I wonder how many of the band's original fans care...

Yeah, Morrissey fans keep the riot confined to the stage and sometimes just the pit....

Hasn't Morrissey gotten a lot better though? There was a time there in his solo career (late 90's maybe) that he was getting a bad rep for cancelling gigs on very short notice.

Despite their music being completely different, there are a lot of things Moz and old Axl have in common.

Their both completely insistent on doing things their way or not at all, what with Moz having only veggie food at his gigs, and axl refusing to perform without having been attended to by a witch doctor in an oxygen tent, or whatever it is he does, haha! They both display inexplicable bouts of anger and frustration at times when it seems bemusing. It's just that Axl's more likely to express his resentment by yelling "f***IN' BITCH / f*****", whereas Moz is content with a witty, withering put-down.

I love Guns N Roses, but - let's face it - no matter how good Chinese Democracy ends up being (and i'm guessing not particularly good from the live tracks / demos I've heard) it's going to be a collossal let-down simply because of the time it's taken to record. And Guns only really had 3 albums (not counting Lies or Spaghetti), whilst solo and with the smiths, Morrissey has given us hundreds of excellent songs.

Axl Rose and Morrissey have both covered The New York Dolls's 'Human Being.' I love both Morrissey and old GNR, and never could make sense it. The New York Dolls is the thread that connects them.

Ditto on both counts.

Morrissey saved me from a life of Guns N' Roses. I can safely say Axl has walked out of WAY more shows. Also, the next time Axl takes the stage on time will be the first time.

I've heard the same about the album: supposed to be completed. I would have hoped they finished mixing BEFORE they headed out to tour off it. But with "Chinese Democracy" honestly nothing would suprise me.

-Vaux

I was reading a thread on the steve hoffman site about the worst shows people had ever been too. It made me wonder why Morrissey fans are so harsh about every little thing he does wrong. There were all sorts of stories about bands not being able to play, not because they were ill, or because the sound was bad, but simply because they were either too drunk, too drugged up, or just simply couldn't be bothered. And most of these were major acts as well.

AXL Rose is the greedest %@%%$ in the world...he's worse than Mike Joyce...

When Axl is asked to use Guns N'Roses songs for film soundtracks...his answer is for his new band to re-record the songs, thus to screw the original band members (except for the songwriters) out of th royalites...

Seriously, who wants to hear a "new" version of Welcome To The Jungle...

Well, Axl purchased the rights to the name Guns n' Roses from his former bandmates. They were stupid/greeedy/shortsighted enough to sell it.

Perosnally, I wouldn't have minded hearing a new version of "Welcome to the Jungle" with Buckethead playing, but alas Robin Fink is the guitar player *today*.

-Vaux

Guns n' Roses are my second favorite band but i would be afraid to drive along way to see them because if someone throws so much as a coin at axl, the show will be over. Even when people threw a whole cup of beer at Mikey Farrel in Houston, spilling some on the soundboard, they show went on... Thank God!

I saw G n' R in Portland back in '92-'93. It was a great show. When Axl does take the stage he puts on a hell of a show. The set lasted two hours easy.

Still, I remember waiting for damn near two hours after the opening act finished for the band to take the stage. Axl is one strange cat...

-Vaux

Axl: I've got one chance left on a nine live cat
Moz: Someone kindly told me that you wasted eight of nine lives

I was reading a thread on the steve hoffman site about the worst shows people had ever been too. It made me wonder why Morrissey fans are so harsh about every little thing he does wrong. There were all sorts of stories about bands not being able to play, not because they were ill, or because the sound was bad, but simply because they were either too drunk, too drugged up, or just simply couldn't be bothered. And most of these were major acts as well.

I completely agree! Sometimes things happen beyond your control, but some perfomers cancel shows because they are completely drunk/wasted, and sometimes they attempt to play anyway and sound terrible. We are all lucky Moz doesn't act like that.

Back
Top Bottom