Moz to play Jimmy Kimmel outdoor mini-concert Feb 5th '09

Goddamn. I was thinking about the rain forecast and hoped it wouldn't mean we'd be all sodden and drowned outside on Thursday. Doh!

Now watch, the storm will be delayed, and the skies will be clear on Thursday.

Goddamn. I was thinking about the rain forecast and hoped it wouldn't mean we'd be all sodden and drowned outside on Thursday. Doh!

Now watch, the storm will be delayed, and the skies will be clear on Thursday.

Nah, 70% chance of rain.:tears:

I knew it was too good to be true.

f*** i can't believe this! i just heard the news that the show was switched, and of course, it's already sold out.

if anyone was able to get tickets for the indoor show and has an extra, i'm looking for one - let me know if we can work something out. i'm happy to wait in line early, buy the ticket off of you, or work out some other kind of a deal. i've been so excited for the outdoor concert, heartbreaking!!!

chrissie

f*** i can't believe this! i just heard the news that the show was switched, and of course, it's already sold out.

if anyone was able to get tickets for the indoor show and has an extra, i'm looking for one - let me know if we can work something out. i'm happy to wait in line early, buy the ticket off of you, or work out some other kind of a deal. i've been so excited for the outdoor concert, heartbreaking!!!

chrissie

i forgot to mention that by "buy the ticket off of you" i actually meant "I WILL ESSENTIALLY SELL MY SOUL FOR YOUR EXTRA TICKET." i don't get to catch any other shows on this tour (too poor to travel, and coachella? booo!) so i was really hoping to make this one. :( name your price, ladies and gentlemen..

No, I knew the forecast was 70%. But there's that 30% it won't rain or will just sprinkle a little. I meant they will have cancelled our tickets for nothing, which is a greater tragedy.

Yeah I know. I worried about the weather all day since I checked and saw rain in the forecast, and then about an hour before they sent that email I looked again and saw that there was a "special weather statement" (aka storm warning) for LA on Thursday and got more worried. It was like they saw the same thing I did at the same time I did. :(

:(:(:(I am so very sad!!!!:(:(:(:( It never rains in CA! What the hell??? Why of all days does it have to be on Thursday! As soon as I saw the forecast I thought to myself, "I hope they don't cancel it." I had no idea they would void our tickets completely. That sucks! I thought for sure they must have some alternate plan for rain. I am off to mourn...:tears:

Yeah I know. I worried about the weather all day since I checked and saw rain in the forecast, and then about an hour before they sent that email I looked again and saw that there was a "special weather statement" (aka storm warning) for LA on Thursday and got more worried. It was like they saw the same thing I did at the same time I did. :(

You know what's especially ridiculous? In Hell A, the news freaks out with their reports of a massive storm...and then maybe we get 0.25 of an inch in 12 hours. Yeah, STORM WATCH 2009!

It rained a bit during the day the last time Moz did Jimmy Kimmel. The people who camped out overnight got soaked, but they were able to leave the queue and bathe, sleep, and change clothes. It rained a little in the afternoon, but those f***ers didn't cancel the outdoor concert. It was fine.

You know what's especially ridiculous? In Hell A, the news freaks out with their reports of a massive storm...and then maybe we get 0.25 of an inch in 12 hours. Yeah, STORM WATCH 2009!

It rained a bit during the day the last time Moz did Jimmy Kimmel. The people who camped out overnight got soaked, but they were able to leave the queue and bathe, sleep, and change clothes. It rained a little in the afternoon, but those f***ers didn't cancel the outdoor concert. It was fine.

You are so right. They call it STORM WATCH when it sprinkles here. Sadly I am not exaggerating.

The rain falls down on a humdrum town

You are so right. They call it STORM WATCH when it sprinkles here. Sadly I am not exaggerating.

I know. But most people here still don't know how to drive in even light drizzly weather. Hell, some can't even drive competently in dry weather.

Rain, rain, go away. Come back some other day!!

The odds of rain as forecasted by the National Weather Service is 80% on Thursday. Damn rain.

A huge crowd would show up regardless of a downpour, even if not allowed to bring in umbrellas for security reasons. The problem is I guess there is no sheltering canopy above the stage, and there is a grave risk of electrocution if the stage is all wet. Wish those f***ers could erect (hur hur) a waterproof canopy and hold the concert outdoors as planned.

Ah well, I guess I should be happy about having seen Moz in person at Craig Ferguson, Jools Holland, and those 130+ non-tv shows. :o

Say, what's with getting two identical messages about the cancellation of the outdoor concert -- first at 16:45, second at 16:50? I was out and about when these came in. :(

I got two texts around 1700 telling me the bad news about the outdoor concert as well as the unhappy news that indoor tix were sold out, but I didn't check them until 1735.

Okay, I don't have any more time to waste sulking. Gotta get back to work.

Re: The rain falls down on a humdrum town

There he goes cancelling already. :rolleyes: ;):p

That's too bad they can't put up something (shelter) outdoors, especially with a bit of notice. And/or permanently. You know people would come if they built it. For just about any band, but Morrissey especially! Sux, guys -sorry. :( Get inside and bitch about it!!! :D

Re: The rain falls down on a humdrum town

There he goes cancelling already. :rolleyes: ;):p

That's too bad they can't put up something (shelter) outdoors, especially with a bit of notice. And/or permanently. You know people would come if they built it. For just about any band, but Morrissey especially! Sux, guys -sorry. :( Get inside and bitch about it!!! :D

Hah hah, I said I couldn't waste time, but here I am!

Even if a shelter were built for the stage and even the audience, there's still a problem with sheltering the cameras on cranes that swoop overhead above the crowd. There are like 6 different camera operators for that outdoor stage. I don't think they want to bother if they're not going to get those dynamic shots. A permanent shelter would impede the great open air shots for the 90% of the time it doesn't rain.

But maybe it's worth it to tell the agency responsible for getting the audience that a willing and wet (oo-er!) audience will still show up for Moz in a category 5 storm. Mebbe start a petition? Or have everyone reply back to [email protected] telling them that they should go on with the show because the audience will be there. Yes, everyone please reply back to the cancellation email and explain that the audience is willing to come rain or shine.

Oh, the irony of getting this email in the morning:
2-Day Reminder
We are just making sure you are going to use your CONFIRMED tickets for the 1iota event 48 hours from now!

We recommend logging in at www.1iota.com to view and print the most up-to-date eticket as information often changes within 24 hours of the event.

Fight rain with fire, Mel!! :D

And here's the email I just dashed off to them...

Dear 1-iota Team:

Many fans are disappointed at the change of plans because tickets for the indoor show are unavailable. You may be surprised at the extreme passion fans have for him that standing in the rain all day to see Morrissey would be worth it for hundreds of us to see him give a mini-concert. The last time Morrissey sang on Jimmy Kimmel Live, fans did exactly that -- stand in the rain for several hours, some since the night before.

We hope that the production of Jimmy Kimmel Live would consider Morrissey's extraordinary fanbase and go on with the original plans for the outdoor concert. Perhaps a shelter can be erected for the stage. It would be nice to provide shelter for the fans outdoors, but I am certain several hundred would be willing to brave the rain, even without umbrellas if it meant they could have a chance to see him at the outdoor concert as originally scheduled.

Hopefully yours,
M. Torment

But of course, being intelligent, we would wear waterproof hoodies and other appropriate gear to keep the rain off.

I should've pointed out that tix were overbooked within a short time, so they won't have any problem getting a huge audience to see MOrrissey.

Last edited:
Morrissey on Jimmy Kimmel Live Update

From True-To-You

Morrissey on Jimmy Kimmel Live

3 February 2009

Please check True To You on Wednesday, February 4th for information as to how True To You members may be able to attend the recording of Morrissey's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday, February 5th.

Re: Morrissey on Jimmy Kimmel Live Update

Julia should've had a nekidd pic photoshopping contest to determine who gets special tickets... she's such a f****** dullard though, that the idea probably never even crossed her mind :rolleyes:

I can't believe that theyve CANCELLED all the tickets,
that is flaming out of order, they shouldve just made them acceptable for the indoor bit too,
im so sorry for all of you that are now going to miss out. :mad:

Tags
kimmel = fat goddess troubleluvsme ftw!
Back
Top Bottom