Moz steps in to save 'Love Music Hate Racism' event this Sunday...

Maurice E

Press Release on 'True To You'

Morrissey Loves Music, Hates Racism
Press Release: 25 April 2008

Morrissey has personally stepped in with a significant financial contribution to the Love Music Hate Racism campaign in order to allow their 30th Anniversary Rock Against Racism concert to go ahead in Victoria Park, London this weekend without financial loss or burden to the charity. In addition to his own contribution he has rallied his management, booking agency and promoters to make up the majority of the £75,000 deficit LMHR was faced with after their main sponsor pulled out.

Morrissey commented, "This is a historic event spreading an important, anti-racist message so it must be allowed to go ahead. Love Music Hate Racism got in touch and explained that the NME had pulled its support, possibly as a result of their association with me, and asked if I could help as they had not been able to replace them. This is something I am committed to and we appreciate everyone coming together so quickly to make it happen."

K2 Agency, Live Nation, Pacifica Artists Group and SJM Concerts are all associated with Morrissey and have made donations to Love Music Hate Racism at his request.

Press Release on 'True To You'

Morrissey Loves Music, Hates Racism
Press Release: 25 April 2008

Morrissey has personally stepped in with a significant financial contribution to the Love Music Hate Racism campaign in order to allow their 30th Anniversary Rock Against Racism concert to go ahead in Victoria Park, London this weekend without financial loss or burden to the charity. In addition to his own contribution he has rallied his management, booking agency and promoters to make up the majority of the £75,000 deficit LMHR was faced with after their main sponsor pulled out.

Morrissey commented, "This is a historic event spreading an important, anti-racist message so it must be allowed to go ahead. Love Music Hate Racism got in touch and explained that the NME had pulled its support, possibly as a result of their association with me, and asked if I could help as they had not been able to replace them. This is something I am committed to and we appreciate everyone coming together so quickly to make it happen."

K2 Agency, Live Nation, Pacifica Artists Group and SJM Concerts are all associated with Morrissey and have made donations to Love Music Hate Racism at his request.

Like he would really care about my paltry opinion, but I think that's great news. :D

I'm not knocking it but I doubt he'd have done this a couple of years ago. It's not really Morrissey is it? I feel sorry for him that he feels he has to do stuff like this to "prove" he's not a racist. There are people who are just going to see it as a PR move and slag him off anyway I'm afraid. :(

I'm not knocking it but I doubt he'd have done this a couple of years ago. It's not really Morrissey is it? I feel sorry for him that he feels he has to do stuff like this to "prove" he's not a racist. There are people who are just going to see it as a PR move and slag him off anyway I'm afraid. :(

Especially since the sponsor that pulled out was the NME.

Why did the NME pull out? Seems like a pretty disgraceful move (not that that should surprise me, I suppose).

Especially since the sponsor that pulled out was the NME.

well, I'm glad he's done it! without his help this great event might not happen.

The real question is why did NME pull out!! they were soo commited to this anti-racism campain!! :rolleyes:

Moz did the right thing and I am proud. :D:cool:

and I know there will always people who will crititicize him regardless of what he does,but it doesn´t matter.
:cool:

I think that is hilarious that NME pulled out and Morrissey had to bail them out for an anti-racism concert! At first as I was reading this I felt he was doing it for the positive publicity, but as i read the part about NME backing out, that was just the kicker for me. After all their badmouthing, they are the ones who look bad now!

And if that Morrissey V NME racism fight ever gets to court what better evidence will our man need?

Well played Mozza:D

I agree.

Hey, I'm surprised he has any money leftover after buying that James Dean watch! Just kidding! :D

This is really positive, good news, and yet Love Music Hate Rascism haven't even bothered to put their own statement on their website.

Probably didn't want to offend their friends at the NME by highlighting that they've pulled out.

On a slightly different note, it does appear that the NME is suffering financially as I doubt they would have pulled out for any other reason.

He may have been influenced in his decision by his 'issues' with NME and the gossip it has led to.
But, even so, it is still a wonderful thing to do. He is helping a worthy event to go still go ahead, using his own money. He didn't have to do that.
He could very easily have just made a sly comment about the NME pulling out their financial support, and how it seems a bit hypocritical after the fuss they made about him being an apparent racist, and how they were so great in comparison for backing the LMHR campaign.
And if it makes a few people think twice about calling him a racist, then that'd be a welcome advantage :)

what if he plays, now that would be even better eh?

love

Grim

I've heard the festival 'exclusivity' contracts kick in from April id est if you've signed up to a summer event (as a one-off festival appearance), you can't play at others from April onwards...

I think the NME are needing to keep their money for some kind of payout to some artist who's name escapes me...:)

Well done Moz.

Back
Top Bottom